How to warm up ash brunette

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cole_1304

Reaction score
I recently got hair extensions which are a level 6 (warm) & my hairdresser changed my hair from level 10 blonde to level 6 ash without pre-pigging it I explained I would be staying brunette for a while & wanted it pre-pigged so it would last & I didn't want it to be ash I prefer some warmth but she thought different & gave me what she wanted instead of what I wanted.
Problem is she hasn't matched my extensions properly so my hair is ash & extensions are warm. I can really see the difference from my hair to my extensions which I hate as I feel it looks really tacky.
How do I warm up my own hair without changing the level of depth? I have never had to do this in my career so this is new to me.
Now 6.1 - Colour Wish to achieve 6.03.
Appreciate the help! Thanks.

I am not 100% sure. But What about if you do a test strand and put 6.4 on it with 10 vol. see what happens The copper .4 should take away some of the ash. Its used to conteract blue and been ash i am thinking this should warm things up. Look at the colour wheel

Firstly, why are you using a hairdresser that doesn't listen to you and give you what you asked for? Either get her to put it right for free or go elsewhere.

If you want to warm it up without darkening it, just use a semi.

Hard to say for certain without actually seeing your hair or the colour of your extensions. If the depth of your colour is the same as your extensions and it's just the ash tone which is the problem , I would use a 7 with a gold/copper/red tone or add a bit of gold/red/copper mixtone to a base7 and process with 6vol (1.9%) this way it won't go any darker it'll only shift the tone to whichever kind of 'warmth' you're after x

Latest posts

Back