How to wash out silver shampoo?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxy_hair

Reaction score
hello.

I have a prolem. My customer used silver shampoo on her hair extensions.
Hair extensions became silver, but her own hair colour has not changed. so she is blonde with silvery hair underneath :eek:

how can we fix it?

Just deep cleanse it. Purifying shampoo. Or purifying shampoo with some 20vol to cleanse more. Just straight 20vol. No powder lightener!!

I am not a hairdresser I am afraid, I have been trained in Hair extensions and cutting only.
which one would you recommend?

I am not a hairdresser I am afraid, I have been trained in Hair extensions and cutting only.
which one would you recommend?

Buy deep cleansing shampoo I'm sure you can buy it if ur not a hairdresser in the UK!! Otherwise I'm sure you will just have to wait for it to just fade out !

thank you, will try!

Ia with cleansing shampoo.
At school, we add a bit of baking soda to it

This will fade quite quickly although some hair will grab more than others,
A clarifying shampoo available anywhere will help to remove unwanted tone, also shampoo for red heads or brunettes could also be tried to reduce the ash tones as they counteract it with warm or golden hues.

Good luck x

her hair must have been cheap, its the only thing i can think of why it would stain it. or her leaving it on far too long.... The other thing is fabric softener that i read on one of the searches, takes it off a treat from what im aware of if its cheap synethic hair! xoxo

her hair must have been cheap, its the only thing i can think of why it would stain it. or her leaving it on far too long.... The other thing is fabric softener that i read on one of the searches, takes it off a treat from what im aware of if its cheap synethic hair! xoxo
we used cinderella hair... so not cheap. but her own hair is very very dry.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back