how to word treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pretty&pampered

Reaction score
hiya geeks

im currently putting together my business stuff and really cant decide of what type of description to put for my treatments, do i offer a basic manicure then a luxury one and give two prices or just stick with one., same with pedicures, i intend to use heated mitts and booties and dont know whether to offer just luxry treatments or do one without the miits etc.

how do you guys decide what complexity of treatment you offer it's easy with enhancement cos there is only so much you do ie either gel or l& p then x amount for fills, rebalance reapairs etc.

am ithinking to much on this or did you all have the same problem???

cheers

star said:
hiya geeks

im currently putting together my business stuff and really cant decide of what type of description to put for my treatments, do i offer a basic manicure then a luxury one and give two prices or just stick with one., same with pedicures, i intend to use heated mitts and booties and dont know whether to offer just luxry treatments or do one without the miits etc.

how do you guys decide what complexity of treatment you offer it's easy with enhancement cos there is only so much you do ie either gel or l& p then x amount for fills, rebalance reapairs etc.

am ithinking to much on this or did you all have the same problem???

cheers

Hiya Star!

No you are not thinking too much! I had a similar mental lapse when putting my 'menu' together so I did what any decent person would do and copied someone elses!! :lol: :lol:

J xx

Hi Stacy, it is entirely up to you what you offer but my opinion is that you should bear in mind that not everybody wants the heated mitts/booties etc. coz of lack of time etc. etc. I would defo offer a basic manicure/pedicure which would include shaping, cuticle, massage etc. and then offer a luxury one for a few pounds more with the heated mitts/booties - hope this helps :)

Jo Jo said:
Hiya Star!

No you are not thinking too much! I had a similar mental lapse when putting my 'menu' together so I did what any decent person would do and copied someone elses!! :lol: :lol:

J xx
No you didnt, you consulted with the oracle - me!!!!!!

Good starting point is to size up your competition. Go round your local salons and get their price lists. See what they offer so you can see what is popular in your area and then try and beat them at their own game!! Make your treatments sound the best (although you have to make sure they are!). Peeps like a choice, some only have time for a quicky, whilst others want the full on pamper!! So I guess as they say - variety is the spice of life!

Carole Lindsay said:
No you didnt, you consulted with the oracle - me!!!!!!

Yeah after I'd totally ripped it off of someones website!! I'm baaad!
J xx

Hi There!

when i did my prices i did a manicure and then a luxury manicure.the luxury would use mitts/booties,and i would have differant prices for each.the same with the pedicure.
i do hope this is some help for you.

i though this might be the case but knowing where to start is hard, i have put ideas to paper, thought now what do i need to do, business name....check, flyers....check, logo design.......check other business stuff which i would bore you with if i carried on typing..............check then with all that in mind i needed just one more teeny weeny ittle thing .........yup that's it some Clients lol oh well do the drops shops pubs work mates family friends thing and show everyone what i do and away i go ........ jeronimo!!!!!!!!!!! make sure parachute is attached lol

hi i had the same problem when doing , i went the whole hog and have got three, an express one, a regular one , and a luxury one , but i think when redoing my list i will get rid of the express one, coz i think i have got too much choice, hope this helps and let us know what you decide love dee

Yup I too went round all salons I could find to compare, then wrote my own descriptions making mine sound (in my opinion) the best and I offer only two, a basic and a luxury for both pedicures and manicures, It is a bit daunting at first but dont worry (just keep the parachute tho )
pamx

Latest posts

Back