How to work out your cost prices/price per service

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlottie13

JUST BE NICE
Reaction score
Hi all hope you are all ok?

I was wondering if you could educate me, I really want to delve deeper into the numbers side of the business and want to really pick your brains...... How do you work out your costs per service?

Ie how much does it cost to do one set of CalGel? Or how do you decide to take on a new service, what's your ideal profit margin? Or one to aim towards. Personally I think in certain areas of the business we are too cheap (esp on the beauty side).

And go to calculations would be great xxx

Hi, I saw a video on YouTube where a lady painted nails with a new 5ml bottle of gel. Doing two coats she got four sets and the remainder she poured out of the bottle would pretty much take account of any nail art or accidents but three amounts (from a 15ml bottle) would do another set.

I use this to work out the cost per service for gel polish and add on a quid for a nail file and consumables.I

For acrylics you could use a set of gram scales. Weigh the pot, do a set of longish overlays and then weigh again. This will give you a reasonable average per set so you can work out how many per pot. Use a spirit measure, 25cl, to see how much liquid you use.

Polygels? Hmmm!! No idea!

I work from home so I don't get into utilities and rent etc.

Last edited:
If you phone Izabelle Hammon they will give you the Calgel cost per service. They gave us the info on the course xx

Latest posts

Back