How will PopIts change your pricing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is obviously a massive question on quality still to be determined - are they as structrually sound? Will they last the standard 2/3 weeks as per the hand crafted version? IF the answer to both of these questions is a positive one AND they really can be done in a much shorter time......................OMG.

I dont understand how one 'mould' will fit ALL clients. They are all individual and surely by 'hand crafting' their nails they are custom fit. not everyone's apex would be in the same place, so how do these poppits ensure the nail is properly balanced?!

I have already discussed this with two regular clients (been with me since I began training).
what I think I am going to do is one hand as I would normally and do the other hand with the popit`s and time myself on each hand (just to see how long it takes me! I know it ain't going to be 30 min`s initially lol).
When they come back for infill/re balance see if there is a difference in how the nails have behaved it will become apparent then. Also client feedback.

All this will be after I have seen the demo of course.

You probably all think I am MAD!

I dont understand how one 'mould' will fit ALL clients. They are all individual and surely by 'hand crafting' their nails they are custom fit. not everyone's apex would be in the same place, so how do these poppits ensure the nail is properly balanced?!

I have no idea. I certainly dont have a 'typical' shaped nail client...it doesnt exist within my clients - they are all different, so I will be interested to understand more about the product from this point of view.

Glitz - sounds like a great idea, although their dominant hand will always come off worse I think wouldnt it? Hope you share your results though.xx

xx

Glitz - sounds like a great idea, although their dominant hand will always come off worse I think wouldn't it? Hope you share your results though.xx

xx

Mmmm had not thought of that. I know! I will do one client with popits on dominant hand and the other client on non dominant.
I will post when I have done them. I Don`t go to the demo until Thursday so its looking like next week at the earliest before I get to put my plan into action. lol.

can someone please tell me where i can look at a pic of these popIts, i have no idea what they are or what they look like.

please someone help me.:hug::hug:

Sorry Samuel,i disagree about the pricing you suggest.
We only have the new application method a few days and are thrilled that we can do really nice french nails so much faster.
However it has made us realise that the Creative nails we were doing and spending 1 1/2 hours on and that clients love so much,are definately priced too low.
For too long a lot of nail techs have spent time and effort on training and practise-only to find someone down the road is charging half what we are and turning out awful sets and getting away with it.
We are going to charge More for our sets done the traditional way,and the same price we charge now for the nails done with the new application method.
We have a diverse clientele,some who want colour mixes and fades etc,etc and others who want pink and white -end of -and the clients who need and want a more skilled tech are going to pay for the priviledge.
When a new tech starts with us they tend to take longer which is perfectly acceptable,but we do not charge more.Getting the nails perfect is far more important.
When they speed up their time a bit we do not change the price either!
I would give as an example,hairdressing-you pay more for a senior stylist than you would for an improver.
This new method of applying nails still requires a good basic knowledge,proper Prep is crucial ,tip application has to be spot on,or you will see the faults.Mix ratio must be correct,and you have to be able to do a Smile line for a for-ever french rebalance.
I really do think that this will give huge encouragement to techs that struggle with L&P and the posibilities are endless.
I for one think it is a perfect opportunity for nail techs of all sorts to make a better living and then strive to perfect their skills,with more advanced training and make the Public more aware of the skills that are required to be a Designer Nail Tech and accept that they need to pay more for this type of service.!!
xx mrs o

We have been trying to RAISE our prices for so long, we cannot possibly consider dropping them now.... this new method will allow us to charge the PROPER rate for our hand-made couture nails!

Consider an equivelant service within the beauty industry.... hair? £80 - £100 no problem for 2 hours (even though most stylists will only be with you for half of that!). Beauty.... a full body or lash treatment will usually cost around £80 - £100 for one and a half hours!

Some nail techs, with years of experience and many hundreds, if not thousands of pounds of training charge £20 - £25 for a rebalance or even new set which can take between 1 and 2 hours.

Get with the programme... you are worth more than that:irked::irked::irked:

Popits? You are giving the client a QUICKER service with a FABULOUS finish, why would you charge less?

Now though you will have to explain that if they would rather have your 'designer' nails then it's gonna cost them just the same as it would for the 'top' stylists or 'couture' costumes.. well maybe not quite so much:lol:...but certainly more than they're paying now!

I totally understand where everyone is coming from with the pricing issue, but I know that in an area like mine there is absolutely no way my clients would, or even would be able, to pay more for my treatments. So where would this leave technicians like myself, would we have to use Poppits only, because our clients won't pay for anything more? I hope this does'nt sound negative, I'm just looking for feedback, even if I were one of the most top and upcoming techs in the business my clients just would'nt be able to pay anymore and for most having their nails done is a real luxury.

I am reserving my judgment.. I never really thought of how it would effect my pricing.. but i am concerned at how it will effect the effort i have put into perfecting my skills as a nail tech..

I will watch closely and with anticipation before i consider using forms in my services.. the last people i am going to talk to about this is my clients.. i am waiting to hear what the reviews are from here.. If i believe in something then i will give it 100% but i certainly am not going to discuss them with potential users of the system until i am aware of where i stand on them..
like i said in my blog.. Convince me!

For me Chels they are fab for my nails.

When doing a custom blend i build the nail with clear and use only a slither of custome blend and white so i can do the smile and custome blend very thinly and still overlay with the poppit giving a speedier service whilst still putting my skill to use iykwim

Sorry Samuel,i disagree about the pricing you suggest.
We only have the new application method a few days and are thrilled that we can do really nice french nails so much faster.

Thats cool, I don't mind if you disagree. :)

Many will be able to charge the same for a 30min popits set as they do for a 90min couture set, however this will most likely be only be for a period of time. If suddenly all techs tripled their income overnight, the market would dramatically shift and you could be left a little vulnerable.

Remember, the key driving influences for consumers using High Volume, Low Cost salons is speed, cost and convenience. Popits gives you #1 and can easily give you #2. If you choose to effectively triple your hourly rate, you could easily be opening the door for a massive flood of HVLC salons (or even average salons using Popits) to come into your area and under price you while still producing great nails and a sweet hourly profit.

My suggestion wasn't far off from yours, as it called for an increase in your couture set, but at the same time keeping the popin service to a more relevant amount. It still equated to almost twice what you would be making an hour now, but still at a rate that will work with local consumer spend.

It all depends on how you want to run your business.

have held off from asking this but what are popits ? no doubt i will find out on thurs when i go but its doing my head in now not knowing , :lol:

I totally understand where everyone is coming from with the pricing issue, but I know that in an area like mine there is absolutely no way my clients would, or even would be able, to pay more for my treatments. So where would this leave technicians like myself, would we have to use Poppits only, because our clients won't pay for anything more? I hope this does'nt sound negative, I'm just looking for feedback, even if I were one of the most top and upcoming techs in the business my clients just would'nt be able to pay anymore and for most having their nails done is a real luxury.

I know where you are coming from on this one - my client base is a bit tight with money too!!!!! However I'm not changing my prices for a french set with popits - they are staying the same as most of my clients aren't bothered about the method they just want to leave the salon with shiny white tips and I know they will be happier having them done quicker. Of course I love all my clients :wink2: but they are not nail tech's and most don't even know the difference between gel and l&p - and why should they that's my job not theirs.

If i'm going to offer anything cheaper that would be a one colour set of popits as there is no tip involved and I will advertise nails with them as a 'from' price but I know once they are in the chair they will pay the extra few quid to get the white tips.....:):)

Of course I love all my clients :wink2: but they are not nail tech's and most don't even know the difference between gel and l&p - and why should they that's my job not theirs.

Wish my clients were that ignorant.

I will explain the difference, but will find it difficult explaining the time difference and obvious ease, hence they will be a cheaper alternative, which in the long term will make me look better in their eyes when everyone starts doing them, at least then, they won't feel I have been ripping them off.

I will still make more money from this system,(as a full set alternative) but theres no need to gut my clients in the meantime.

well at the demo yesterday, Gigi said she doesnt think anyone should charge less as the price comparison to using tips for example,

they come out a little more expensive, ( if you are using a tip and then the popit on the top too) AND you are still using the same amount of products, so why charge less?

well at the demo yesterday, Gigi said she doesnt think anyone should charge less as the price comparison to using tips for example,

they come out a little more expensive, ( if you are using a tip and then the popit on the top too) AND you are still using the same amount of products, so why charge less?
because we are a service industry and charge accordingly.

Popits cost pence more than a tip. You hardly use any abrasives so the cost increase cancels itself out. Ultimately, charge how it will work best in your area, just don't be blindsided by other techs coming in and charging 1/2 of what you are charging, potentially swiping a lot of your clients.

To me, charging the same (or more) for a service that takes 1/3 the time is very short term at the expense of long term. A smart long term approach to business with popits is to tier your service menu to capture both couture and speed markets while doubling your income and protecting your turf.

Best of luck no matter how you do it ;)

no i think youre right though, its just a matter of time until more & more people will use this system and no doubt they will charge less, making me look bad and may very well lose clients so i agree with you. Start as you mean to go on!

Thats why I think this approach is a good base to work from. It doubles your income, and creates additional value that protects you.

just my 2 cents ;)

i know we are talking of two services here - the popit one and the couture one, but if the popit one is just as good, is anyone going to choose the couture one because it just takes double the time???

I dunno, maybe completely off the mark there but for me as a mobile tech i have to cover travel costs too which i need to consider!

:irked:

Latest posts

Back