How will PopIts change your pricing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammylou

Reaction score
Morning Guys

Have read and re-read the Sweet Squared catalogue and am really looking forward to a trip to Leeds next week, I have lots of questions about the new application technique but the one that I think my clients will be most interested in is how it will affect my prices.

If I currently do a full set and it takes me 1 1/2 hours and I charge £28 and £18 for a fill/re-balance that can take up to the same time should this change when it only takes 30-60 minutes (going on the fact that I am not the master like Geeg). I could eventually, with practice, fit 3 clients into the space I currently book out for one.

How will you reflect the changes in your treatment menu and will you be lowering your prices?

Looking forward to your views, Sam x

i wont be lowering my prices,
the client is still getting the same nice set of nails that she always has done but it is quicker for you and her so you both win,
client has more time to do the things she needs to and you get to fit more clients in or you could just use the system for the walk in one offs that only have nails for special occasions

i wont be lowering my prices,
the client is still getting the same nice set of nails that she always has done but it is quicker for you and her so you both win,
client has more time to do the things she needs to and you get to fit more clients in or you could just use the system for the walk in one offs that only have nails for special occasions

Ditto!!! Why would you want to throw away an opportunity to increase your earnings? If the client is walking away with nails of the same quality that you can produce in 1.5 hours then I don't see the logic in reducing your prices, from a business perspective at least.

I would imagine a 30 min set is for a 1 colour nail, p & whites which will require application of white on all 10 nails, perfecting of smile lines then application of pink will take longer. Just guessing here.

It's like anything really some techs take 1.5 hours per set, some 2 hours, highly experienced people can produce quality sets in 1 hour. I would think it will depend on your current level of competence as to whether a full set of p & w's can be produced to a high standard using this new method in 30 min. Common sense really. But hey what do I know??!!

i'd like to think it will mean an opportunity to earn more per hour rather than give clients a cheaper set of nails.
especially for those of us who live in areas where prices have been forced down lower.

i'm looking forward to seeing it to see if it will really make a difference.

I lose out on nails anyway, so anythng to get down to approx £30 p/h like the rest of my treatments is welcomed. at the moment for nails i could only earn £30 for anything from 1 to 2 hrs depending on client.

what is the new method?

My prices are staying put. The client benefits because she gets the same service in half the time. The popits will add a bit more to the cost of doing a set of nails so this is another reason why I wont consider reducing my prices.

When I go for my hair doing, it takes ages because its so long and thick. If my hairdresser told me there was a new method that would allow me to be in and out of the door in 30 mins but with the same professional service, I'd actaully be happy to pay more!

I haven't raised my prices since I opened my doors.
So.... NO, I am NOT LOWERING MY PRICES.

Same results, same quality of service and quality products.
Difference? I finallly get a pay raise AND they get more free time.

Everyone else gets 'raises', and so should I!

:hug:

PS: in fact, there are going to be slight increases, no matter what. Cost of products and shipping has gone up substantially for me in the last year with the cost of 'oil' affecting freight charges etc...
I've recently been working on a notice to advise clients of price changes.

errr, i replied but i dont even know what 'poppits' are lol. except the yummy minty chcolaty balls. mmmmmmmm, they are lush, but i dont think you could make very good nails with the! :lol:

i'd like to think it will mean an opportunity to earn more per hour rather than give clients a cheaper set of nails.
especially for those of us who live in areas where prices have been forced down lower.

i'm looking forward to seeing it to see if it will really make a difference.

I totally agree with this, not only because prices have been forced down by nss and generally some techs not charging enough, but also because of our down time between clients, and for us self employed geeks, our unpaid holidays and unpaid sick leave etc.

We may be able to earn £30 ph but, for me anyway, it's not all day everyday :)

not only because prices have been forced down by nss and generally some techs not charging enough, but also because of our down time between clients, and for us self employed geeks, our unpaid holidays and unpaid sick leave etc.

We may be able to earn £30 ph but, for me anyway, it's not all day everyday :)

This is my primary problem in my pricing.
If I lived 30min away in a different town, in the city of Montreal, my prices would be MUCH higher AND I'd still have a full book.
BUT given that I live in a rinky-dinky town, OVER-RUN with NSS.... and then add the fact that my timing is slower than theirs...
This causes a lot of problems.
Many clients appreciate the differences between myself and the NSS
HOWEVER, there are plenty that don't care one whit and don't want to pay the difference, and don't like the amount of time it takes to churn out a quality set of nails.

Thanks for your replys, on contemplation I have to agree with you, I have talked this over with my partner and we both agree that my prices will stay put, if a client is chatty and it takes 2 hours to do a set then I don't charge her more than if it had only took me 1 1/2 and vice versa.

I just don't want clients to think they are not getting their moneys worth from me, but as has been pointed out earlier in the thread, they are still getting the same level of service just in a quicker time.

My business is only in it's infancy (5 weeks lol) and if this method works for me it could really give me a competitive edge, being new to this I need advice from more seasoned professionals, so it's much appreciated.

Sam x

Sammilou clients have not seen this before and do not understand the differences as we do,
most will be impressed when you tell them that you are using the latest method and you are able to this because you keep up to date with your training and any new techniques out there hth
if any thing hun up the price as the client is getting the same nails but has more time to do the things she needs to in her busy life

Sammilou clients have not seen this before and do not understand the differences as we do,
most will be impressed when you tell them that you are using the latest method and you are able to this because you keep up to date with your training and any new techniques out there hth
if any thing hun up the price as the client is getting the same nails but has more time to do the things she needs to in her busy life
Thanks Lou, was feeling a bit daft yesterday, can't wait until Tuesday to see it in the flesh and start practising as soon as I get home.
Sam x

Client gets BETTER finish, not the SAME finish!

Client gets to be out of there and on with her life QUICKER!

If our clients want to chat, chat, chat....and some of them DO, well they can sit together in the waiting area with a coffee and chat to each other to their heart's content!!!!!

HAPPIER clients, LESS cost to you, WHOOPEE!!!!!!!!!

Hiya

I thought i would join in this debate
LOWER PRICES, ARE YOU CRAZY:eek:
You are a trained pro, what on earth are you going to lower your prices for, what you should be explaining to those clients who ask, is...I have a trick up my sleve on your next visit that willl blow you away(tell the client this is the best kept secret in the industry) and one day this technique will be the most talked about) OH.. and advise them it was you who gave them the advantage of trying it first. NOW THAT'S WORTH PAYING FOR.

Jenx

Advanced Beauty Clinic - Warwickshire

It's all very exciting, it will be interesting to see what it does to the price of services, especially when "everyone" gets their mits on them (including the NSS) ......

If I do them, I will be offering them as a "cheap alternative" to my handcrafted work.

It's all very exciting, it will be interesting to see what it does to the price of services, especially when "everyone" gets their mits on them (including the NSS) ......

If I do them, I will be offering them as a "cheap alternative" to my handcrafted work.

I can see the logic in most of what you say, but do you think NSS with bother with these if they can already knock out a set in 30 min? Would they pay for this type of product? I doubt it, I say that because from what I have read on here many NSS use cheap products, MMA et al, Using these would probably more than double the cost of materials to them. After what I have seen today I think a reasonable level of skill will still be required to produce the desired end effect, so non pros who dabble in nails & do a bodge job are still likley to bodge with these!

As for the pricing thing, well prices will only be forced down if people providing this service lower their charges to begin with!!

If I was still in the salon, I would offer them as another service offering priced accordingly. If they take 1/3rd of the time, I would charge 20% less and call it a pop-in/pop-out service. I would then use the opportunity to increase the price of my couture sets.

For instance, if my sets were £40 for a 1.5 hour set (which they aren't... but just pretend ;) ) then I would charge £25 for the 30 min pop-in/out set. This means that instead of £26ph, I would be making £50ph, but maintaining the 'couture' hand-made premium service to up-sell on. I would then increase the couture set from £40 to £55.

This way, you have a quick, value driven entry point service (that you still make MORE money on) and a premium service to up-sell to.

Both ways = more diverse client base and more money per hour.

Simply expecting your clients to pay as much (or more) for 1/3 the time spent opens the door WIDE open for someone to come in and swipe your client base out from under you by charging even 50% of your prices. Remember that we are a service business. We charge based on the amount of time we spend on the service.

Do as you all will, but I think youre crazy not to use these to diversify your customer base.

nJoy :)

If I was still in the salon, I would offer them as another service offering priced accordingly. If they take 1/3rd of the time, I would charge 20% less and call it a pop-in/pop-out service. I would then use the opportunity to increase the price of my couture sets.

This way, you have a quick, value driven entry point service (that you still make MORE money on) and a premium service to up-sell to.

Both ways = more diverse client base and more money per hour.

nJoy :)

Its getting interesting isn't!
If they are that good, in my view it would end up that the standard service becomes popits and only a handful of clients use the hand crafted service - kind of turns the whole industry on its head really doesn't it!!

There is obviously a massive question on quality still to be determined - are they as structrually sound? Will they last the standard 2/3 weeks as per the hand crafted version? IF the answer to both of these questions is a positive one AND they really can be done in a much shorter time......................OMG.

Latest posts

Back