How would I achieve the 'white blonde' look

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllaX

Reaction score
I'm loving this 'white blond' almost grey look as a hair colour, thing is i have naturally dark hair - its blond at the minute (pic on profile) but i've had it cut into a bob and am wanting a white blonde?

Can it be done on dark hair? or will it completley ruin it?
I don't want to go to the hairdresser and ask for the impossible! xx

Which one are you in the pic Rach?

To safely lift color to the Platium/white stage your natural haircolor level should be no darker than a level 3 which is a dark brown~ level 1 being black.

Anywhere darker and you are looking at mega orange red. Personally I try and get out of lifting anthing level darker than a 5 to get nice results.

But that is not to say your hair will lift. It is something that your hairstylist must take a test strand on to see the results.

sorry im the one on the left!!

I know colouring depends on base colours etc - just thought id ask if it was possible before making a fool of myself in the hairdressers!! xx

LOL When you said in your first post about enjoying the grey look in your hair I thought you might be the middle one. :D

It is hard to tell in pics what level you are truly at. Ask the stylist. The worse possible thing she could tell you is no. But then again, you might be surprised that she is willing to go for it and do a 2 step process to achieve the white/platium look.
Just be prepared to fork some money out for a good conditioner and protein to keep the hair on your head in good condition. :D

and regular appointments...those roots are gonna cost ya babes...:lol:....

i was going to have full head very light blond but was talked out of it as she knew that the roots problem would drive me mad...and i ain't a every 6 weeks kinda person. So i had lots and lots of bleach foils put through and that made it alot lighter but not quite as noticeable when the roots come through. x

I'm loving this 'white blond' almost grey look as a hair colour, thing is i have naturally dark hair - its blond at the minute (pic on profile) but i've had it cut into a bob and am wanting a white blonde?

Can it be done on dark hair? or will it completley ruin it?
I don't want to go to the hairdresser and ask for the impossible! xx

Just wait...about 20 years will do it :lol:

I have just had white blonde highlights today and its worked perfectly ! My hair was coloured before, blonde and a red based brown and its totally lifted, im really impressed as thought i might be slightly orange but there isn't a hint :green:

My hair's white blonde all over.....I have my roots done every 4 weeks :green:

I'm naturally a 6, to achieve the platinum effect I have scalp bleach for 30mins, then Colourfresh 6/0 Violet/Silver toner for about 10 mins. Sometimes, in between root touch ups, I'll have a few slices of Sarah Harding-esque ashen (nearly grey!) blonde put through the under sections, which is a really good way of giving all over white blonde a multi-dimensional appearance.

Latest posts

Back