How would you achieve slate grey!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaz

Reaction score
Have a girl who has her hair bleached and she has always ask her stylist for this slate grey
How would you achieve this? Was thinking 10/1 30ml with 10ml of /11.
What would you do??

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334132756.232783.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334132756.232783.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 878
Sorry forgot to say in wella! But they look good

Can you get colour mousse? There is a lovley grey in the indola range called anthracite, could be a better option incase she dosent like it before going all in with a tint.
If you are going to tint it then I would defo go for the gothic collection, it's pre designed to be grey so no mixing tones or thinking. I know u said wella, but maybe this one time change it? Xoxo

Have a girl who has her hair bleached and she has always ask her stylist for this slate grey
How would you achieve this? Was thinking 10/1 30ml with 10ml of /11.
What would you do??

Hi there.

Yes 9/1 or 10/1 with the special mix tone 0/11 will achieve this type of color.
You could mix 30g tint with either 1 or 2 cm of 0/11

Obviously the more mix tone you add the darker the result.

:biggrin:

Redken Shades EQ do a titanim range that does exactly what it say on the bottle. Id say a 8T in shades would get this colour xx

No this didn't work? It had a slight green tinge. 10/0 and 22/0. Works a treat. Someone said 10/0 and 2/8 this was more blue, even with tiny bit.

Have used affinage gothic and wella collour touch and both come out lovely, however, I would recommend the Wella more as it makes the hair soo soft afterwards so might be good on bleached hair if its very dry :) Although the affinage gothic 10.117 is lovely too, but I had too really watch it so it didn't go too grey! xxx

I left it on 10 mins, which was too long! I think also it can have a purple tinge to it the longer it was left on!!

Think will use less 22/0 cause I would have to be super fast getting it on!!

If its just to tone, on mine i wet my hair, mix the colour with 6% and put it on with my hands in big amounts, usually mix up 125 ml total mixture, the water knocks the peroxide strength down to a 3% and it goes on really quick, I use affinage 9.2

Try washing the clients hair, section it off and put the colour on with ur hands starting from the nape going to the crown, will get it on fast for u and the water speeds it up loads xoxo

Affinage gothic collection all the way! ;)

ive always had trouble getting a really steel grey in wella, it either goes too blue or too green, i haven't tried this but possibly tone with they new 10/6 in colour touch just to clean up abit of the yellow then try 9/1or10/1 30ml + 1 cm 0/81.

i know my friend he had his hair bleached up with 12% then had it shampooed and blowdried then he had 22/0 + 10/0 on with 6% and visual development and it came about absolutely gorgeous.

but i dont agree with 12% on scalp but thats all they seem to use in their salon... ive tried to tell him to just give it a try using lower but they all say it doesnt achieve the same lift so he doesnt listen, i suppose coming from an hairdresser in a town centre salon to a salon thats achieved sooo many awards it sounds like im the thick one haha.

O my god how are they winning awards for bleach and 12% on scalp.

I'd rather be without an award and without burnt scalps in front of me x

O my god how are they winning awards for bleach and 12% on scalp.

I'd rather be without an award and without burnt scalps in front of me x

If its just on staff I'd say ok. I do it with mine I'm a base 2 so I need 2 applications of 12%. But never on clients xoxo

Latest posts

Back