How would you colour? Grey/white hair dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobilemeeeee

Reaction score
My client is 100% white on top but is a dark grey underneath at the back, doesn't like the contrast...what would you do? I thought about highlighting just the back sections using high peroxide to really lift it then try and tone to white but the dark section is short so might only just get it through a cap or would if be better to suggest trying to blend some darker grey low lights through the top? Hope this makes sense! I've tried to attach a pic but says it's to big, will try again!
Thanks

When you say high peroxide... How high do you mean?

If it was me and she wants it all white I'd just bleach and tone the underneath. If you can upload a pic it'd be really helpful.

This is the best I can do with the pic, I've had to crop it loads but hope you can see the contrast, all of the top of her hair is white but still has some pigment underneath. Would you just literally leave the top? And bleach underneath, I'd be worried about the difference but I suppose if its lighter, even if it's not a perfect match, it would be better.

Attachments

• 20191218_134042.jpg
    20191218_134042.jpg
    829.6 KB · Views: 39
This is the best I can do with the pic, I've had to crop it loads but hope you can see the contrast, all of the top of her hair is white but still has some pigment underneath. Would you just literally leave the top? And bleach underneath, I'd be worried about the difference but I suppose if its lighter, even if it's not a perfect match, it would be better.
Yeah just bleach it to a 10 then tone to white, leaving the top. Don't go any higher than 6% as you really don't need to.

The only thing is that because her hair is short its going to grow out quite fast and will need scalp bleaching quite often.

Thanks for your reply and advice, I'm only just starting out...my tutor suggested using 12% but I've literally never had to use that high to far in training so was sceptical.

Your tutor suggested bleach plus 12%.
Wow, that’s just bonkers. :eek:

Listen to the advice from @cassies97 and you won’t go wrong.

Thanks...I'm thinking I may learn more on here!

Even I thought it was crazy to use 12% but didn't say that to her, she's supposed to know better than me afterall ha.

12% nooo, only ever 6% or below when using bleach, some can get away with 9% but never 12%. I usually start with pastel (1.9%) then work up to 6%.

The only exception to this is balayage, you can use 12% when doing a balayage but thats because it tends to dry out and slow down so you can get away with it, plus balayage bleaches tend to pack less punch I find.

Thanks cassies97 x

Latest posts

Back