How would you cover up a bite scar? Urgent!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie H

Reaction score
Hello to all, my son is getting married next month and my lovely daughter in law has a scare on her upper arm, it's a bite, she works in mental health.
I know it's possible to cover up tattoo's etc, so can anyone help me, we need to cover this scar with out the risk of anything rubbing of on her wedding dress. None of us can afford to pay for this to be profecionally done, but I am qualified in skin care so just need to know where and what to buy.
Many thanks for any and all help:hug:

Hi Susie
there are a few good products which are waterproof too, have a practice first to get the right colour for your daughter-in-law, Estee Lauder do a product called Maximum Cover, non transferable and waterproof it about £25 I think, Clinique do one called continous coverage which is about £20 and Dermacolour do a kit which has various skin tone shades you have to mix and a fixing spray, bit more fiddly again can search online. Another one is Covermark online trial kit on Garden.co.uk
Hope that helps!
:green:

I always use Dermacolour. They do a small tester pallette which has 16 colours, in various colourways for fair skins etc. You'll need either the fixing powder or spray to ensure it's 'fixed'. I've tried different products, but I think they're the best. Have a trial run though, as sometimes the colour can change slightly over a few hours, but you can 'touch' it up if you have the tester. Screen Face stock it.

Beauty express sell Veil cover cream and powder. The cream comes in a range of shades, and you use the powder to set everything. They do a tester pack which has about twenty shades in it so you can blend to the skin tone.

Thank you so much for the replies, you've been very helpful:hug: I'm doing the wedding day make up for Becky (the bride) and Kay (my daughter) so we'll be haveing a couple of try out sessions. I've just heard that Becky got bitten again today, same arm as before and this time she's actually got torn muscle, so I suspect we're going to have bruising to cover up to:cry:
Plus Kay's dress is knee length and she's always walking into the gym equipment, so it will be good to be able to give her single coloured legs:lol:.
Once again, THANK YOU, I'm of to search the web sites:hug:

Vichy Dermablend is sold in Larger Boots stores and is worth a look..... Vichy Dermablend

I have used Dermacolour on scars etc you can order a little pallette off the net with everything you need in it the fixing powder etc, mix the colours to achieve a good skin match! Its really cheap for the pallette and a little goes a long way!! I'm a make up artist and use it all the time in make ups as its so good!!

Hope it works!!!

Latest posts

Back