How would you guys style this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funtimefranko

Reaction score
Hey, i love this messy wavy bobs. I was wondering if anyone is good at styling like this to give me any tips. I usually do it with straighteners but not quite pleased with my result

Attachments

• jennifer-lawrence-bob.jpg
    jennifer-lawrence-bob.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 205
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 151
Those aren't really wavy but you can use a wand something bigger than an itch and do a quick wave like that it looks beautiful!

Lol i didnt know what else to call it... "dishevelled" i guess

I saw a tutorial a few weeks ago but can't remember who did it, basically they used a large barrel tong but didn't wind down to the ends and big sections, left about an inch out at the end, tried it on mine and a few clients to get that beachy effect and it worked quite well

Cool, thanks i do that with my straighteners but it goes to curly

Like they said if you get a barrel big enough you literally can't get a curl just those beach waves your looking for!

Thanks I'vegot a big wand... just never stays in

I watched a vid somewhere. And they said, using straighteners, to like curl the middle section and flash curl the end. Really quick. So the movement is in the middle.

I have a feeling it could have been Sam Villa.

I watched a vid somewhere. And they said, using straighteners, to like curl the middle section and flash curl the end. Really quick. So the movement is in the middle.

I have a feeling it could have been Sam Villa.
Ill have a look thanks x

What about that technique where you put the straightner in and pull as if you were going to curl then stop and twist it the other way and pull again, it creates more of a beachy wave, if it's too curly brush the life out of it

Hey, i love this messy wavy bobs. I was wondering if anyone is good at styling like this to give me any tips. I usually do it with straighteners but not quite pleased with my result

I style hair like this often! I'll try and put together a how to video this coming week on one of my clients and send it your way :) The video won't be any by any means. And it can be done with both a flat iron or a marcel iron. Jennifer Lawrence's is done with a flat iron, the other one is done with a curling iron. To be continued! :D

I do it like this:
curling iron.
leave the tails out.
alternate directions of the curls.
finish with dry shampoo and the very ends some sea salt spray. Less is more

Attachments

• backbob.jpg
    backbob.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 102
  • mod.jpg
    mod.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 92
I do it like this:
curling iron.
leave the tails out.
alternate directions of the curls.
finish with dry shampoo and the very ends some sea salt spray. Less is more
Very nice!

I style hair like this often! I'll try and put together a how to video this coming week on one of my clients and send it your way :) The video won't be any by any means. And it can be done with both a flat iron or a marcel iron. Jennifer Lawrence's is done with a flat iron, the other one is done with a curling iron. To be continued! :D
Thankyou! Very kind :)

i managed to create this look all by accident! hehe i 100% assure you!:D i brought the diva beach wand, taken it with me on a night out- have one drink was being rushed to leave and well i felt a bit meh i cant be bothered to section properly. I got a lovely beach tousled look without even trying. definalty not a salon worthy look but closest to your picture. i now know if i take it ill be ready in mins, plus i always get complimented on it! (please not as a warning the wand is looking a bit....:eek: conversational starter hehe;)) xoxo

Posted a video on waving like this today on Instagram! It's on a longer medium-length hair, but the effects on bobs are beautiful!!

Check it out!

@stevenrobertsonhair

Hope you enjoy!

Try a product by Schwarzkopf called Dust it

Try a product by Schwarzkopf called Dust it

Although that product will give you the natural "roughness" in texture, it won't help you actually achieve the wave. Use the technique in my video post above, let the waves cool off, and then finish it with that Schwarzkopf Dust It product and you will have what you need!

Latest posts

Back