How would you handle this situation....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artsy Canadian

Reaction score
So I'll try to make a long story short here and make sense at the same time....

I am a Nail Tech who was hired on to strickly do enhancements over 4 years ago, I have (to help out the esthetician) taken the occasional manicure client when she was unable to do it.....so here we are 4 years later at the peak of my christmas rush....my appointment book is pre laided out with 6-1hour15min appts and a scheduled 1/2 hour lunch so all my co workers know where to schedule clients......lately our esthetician has become extremely lazy and thinks she's too expierenced to "earn" money and that she gets to pick and choose what services she does and doesn't do. For example she has been calling up clients who book massages and tells them she doesn't do them.....now for my problem.....She has booked a client in my schedule for a french manicure right smack dab in the middle of my christmas crunch, I don't mind doing them when she's in a bind...but she has all the time in the world that day and she did it because she's too friggin lazy to do it herself! So I now have a $32 service with an extra 1/2hour of free time that I can't fill with anything when I would have a $40-$60 service to a regular client. What's going to happen is I won't be able to service one of my regulars because of it!
I'm so angry at the laziness and it's absolutely rude! I was told I was strickly enhancements when I got this job....... Is there anything I can do without an uproar?? I can't let it go.....it's my income and my schedule she's messing around with and she's not my boss!

I would tell her, just say

I'm sorry but as this this is my busiest period i am unable to help you out with YOUR manicure clients. I see you have booked a client in already, you will have to ring her and re-arrange for a day and time that YOU can do her as i have already allocated my time for MY clients.

I agree with angie totally. That will definitley nip everything in the bud. :)

fill the remaining 30 mins with another $32 client, then you will make $64 for that hour (which is more per hour than you are already making).

Allocate the time for repairs, even better, use the 30 mins to book her for a foot massage for yourself ...

look on the positive side of things

fill the remaining 30 mins with another $32 client, then you will make $64 for that hour (which is more per hour than you are already making).

Allocate the time for repairs, even better, use the 30 mins to book her for a foot massage for yourself ...

look on the positive side of things

I was thinking the exact same thing....try to book another 1/2 hour service ....

You could even word it something like: "During peak times like Christmas there is a minimum hourly charge of £...., would you like to book a pedicure/whatever to fill the rest of the time otherwise it will make your manicure a little pricey this time"

You could even word it something like: "During peak times like Christmas there is a minimum hourly charge of £...., would you like to book a pedicure/whatever to fill the rest of the time otherwise it will make your manicure a little pricey this time"
I don't do pedicures where I work....I am trained to do them but they (as well as manicures) are to be booked with the esthetician....it's been that way since I was hired on and I agreed to that.

Thanks for the replies...I will just leave it and take the added lunch time to relax during a time which is absolutely nuts for me. I could do a few repairs but very rarely do I get called for them, and I don't offer any other 30 mins services to fill it.
I'm just annoyed at the laziness of my co-worker who thought she was in the right to push her "problem" off to me! It's the esthetician I want to understand that she is there to do her job....not pass her work off to me because she doesn't want to do it.....I'm already booked to be working 6 days a week before christmas to fit my regulars in!!!
I think my solution is a punching bag!!!

Cheeky cow!

I would either take the extra time and book her for a foot massage for yourself like Carl said!!

Or, just tell her.....I've noticed you have booked one of YOUR clients in my diary for such and such a date....well, you'll have to remove her and re-shedule her into YOUR diary as you will notice I have marked my diary out for set times & I have a specific client that takes that day & time.
I cannot accomodate any non-enhancement clients to my very busy shedule without consultation at this time of year. In future, please ask me before you allocate my time for YOUR clients. I'm sure you understand, I'd do the same for you. (Smiling sweetly)

There's something to be said for working alone!

Latest posts

Back