How young is too young-acrylic nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanitybeauty1

Reaction score
I'd like to know people's views on acrylic nails.. What is the youngest person you have ever applied liquid and powder to?
Just had a lady walk in with her 5 year old and say, not ask but say "She wants acrylics" WANTS? I said we don't do acrylics on children and five years old is far too young for them.

She walked out in a bit of a strop and pointed to another nail salon down the road.

I couldn't believe it, I've had requests for young teenagers and maybe as young as ten which I've said no to but FIVE?!

Why aren't children, children anymore? :(

Felicity xx

5!! Wow 😳😳 youngest I've done is 15. There's absolutely no way I would even consider applying them to a 5 year old for a multitude of reasons.

I once saw a little girl in tesco with acrylic nails on. She must of only been about 5 or 6. It just looked so wrong.

I've been in this position before, but my insurance states no extensions of any kind or alterations to the body .ie. spray tans, nail enhancements etc can be conducted on anybody under 16. Which I think is fair. I started wearing acrylic enhancements when I was 15 but I worked in a salon and had regular infills every two weeks, plus I had unlimited access to solar oil ;)

Just on another note has anybody seen "Tantrums &Tiaras" or something like that. I always wonder who the therapist is that is performing treatments on those almost babies! I think the oldest ones are about 5 and they all have spray tans, fake eyelashes, acrylic nails, eyebrow waxes, everything!

Just on another note has anybody seen "Tantrums &Tiaras" or something like that. I always wonder who the therapist is that is performing treatments on those almost babies! I think the oldest ones are about 5 and they all have spray tans, fake eyelashes, acrylic nails, eyebrow waxes, everything!

My 6 year old asks me to do acrylics on her, the answer is 'No!' every time! I tidy her nails and let her wear clear polish (for school) and light shimmery pastel colours at the weekend and parties etc.

I never watched 'Tantrums & Tiaras' but starting on Monday on ch5 they are showing Blinging Up Baby | Blinging Up Baby | Channel 5 I admit, I have set up a reminder for it, I am curious and horrified at the same time.

My 6 year old asks me to do acrylics on her, the answer is 'No!' every time! I tidy her nails and let her wear clear polish (for school) and light shimmery pastel colours at the weekend and parties etc.

I never watched 'Tantrums & Tiaras' but starting on Monday on ch5 they are showing Blinging Up Baby | Blinging Up Baby | Channel 5 I admit, I have set up a reminder for it, I am curious and horrified at the same time.

I saw that advertised, the clip looked awful, tots being spray tanned makes me cringe! But I will have to watch it!

Felicity xx

I paint my 6 year old nieces nails and that's it! She's also had the press on false nails for parties( with the sticky pads not glue!) but they fall off after an hour. I would never do anything except polish on a child! Acrylics/gel at 15 if for a special occasion, waxing and facials with mum present from 13/14 but that's it! Kids need to be kids.

I have on a different note trained my niece and son to help tan me! Lol they do a better job than hubby!

A friend of mine came to me for a gel polish manicure. She brought her 10 ur old along.
She asked if I could do acrylics on her daughter. I said no.
She begged so in the end I suggested glue on tips. I kept them quite short and painted them and did some nail art.
I was doing this as a treat for them but my friend gave me twice the amount I would normally charge and would not take no for an answer (money is no problem).
Two days later the daughter decided she didn't like them, she kept banging them when she was playing and this was making her nails sore, so she tore them off with her teeth!!!

Enough said!!!

The reason children aren't children is because they have parents who don't know how to say "no"!
Sad x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

5 us too young I would never let my daughter have acrylics so young.

Just a reminder, Blinging up baby is on tonight, if anyone is watching it I have set a thread up in chitchat for a natter later :)

I don't even agree with normal manicures on children let alone acrylics...

Latest posts

Back