How young is too young for waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

essentialsj

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have friend with a daughter that has started getting underarm hair, she is about to turn 11. I suggested she should have it waxed as there isn't much there yet it won't be very painful and she get used to it. Do you all wax children? Thanks in advance x

I am going to guess you don't have kids? If somebody suggested I wax my 11 year olds under arms my face would look a cross between these :irked: :eek:

I don't wax anyone under 18 regardless of area waxed. The main issue is what does your insurance provider say about age and parental consent?

I wax girls aged 14 plus (only legs or eyebrows though) with parental consent (this was the age given by my insurers). I have been waxing my eldest daughters leg since she was 11 as she was embarrassed by her dark hairs but I really didn't want her shaving. She is almost 14 now and had upgraded to armpits & eyebrows too, she has got me quite a lot of business from her friends aged 14+!
Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Firstly check your insurance, you can decide from there. Personally I don't have an issue with waxing preteens, although I'm yet to be asked to do a bikini ..

I have had few preteens come in for underarm and leg waxing, but its mostly underarm! ( usually from girls who do a lot of swimming) Which I'm sure they will be grateful for in later Iife lol!!

The parents (usually mum) have to stay in the room at all times.

IMO (and I have kids) its much better to establish a good routine with regards to underarms/ eyebrows etc ...,

Some girls are much hairier than others and I started waxing / threading my friends daughter (eyebrows, lip , underarm) at the age of 10, as it was incredibly noticeable and was getting her teased! So we decided it was best to tackle it professionally as she would have no doubt ended up using a Razer!!
X
Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your replies. I have got two girls, one is the same age as my friends daughter but not as developed. I would not have a problem with it as suggested, I'd rather she started a good routine early on. I just wondered what you guy s thought. Thank you x

i would never wax anyone under 16. if your not careful and wax too young you can mess up the hair growth. There is no reason why young girls cant use a razor and if their embarrassed it would probably be better because you have to wait for regrowth to wax again.

Latest posts

Back