Howdy from a newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joyfulmom

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and have enjoyed reading many of the threads. It seems pretty friendly and informative here! I am not a professional but am seriously thinking of enrolling in a man/ped course and working toward nvq in that, and then possibly maybe going for qualifications in enhancements, depending on how things go. My long-suffering dh was a bit puzzled as to why I wanted to do the man/ped course, I told him really it was mostly for me, to grow and develop as a person, and it would be something that could help others too and possibly earn us some money. You know, I love having my nails nice and I think it would be really neat to do them perhaps for an older person with shaky hands or whatever who couldn't do them for herself..... Plus I would feel a lot more confident in taking care of my own family's nails/cuticles. My youngest son has had infection of the nail fold twice and it would be nice if I could spot or prevent potential problems before they develop.

Once dh understood me he was fairly supportive but we are still thinking/praying about it. It will cost us money and he will have to take off work to watch the kiddos while I'm gone on the course(s).

I just got my first set of acrylics last Saturday; I wanted to have nice nails and not worry about them splitting on me as a conference/holiday is coming up. I'll have a maintenance before we go. I'm not sure how long I'll keep them on but it's been fun so far. :) I have a couple of questions about the application of them but wonder if someone would be willing to correspond with me privately as I would not want my questions to be considered dissing the salon/tech as it might do if I ask them publicly. Clear as mud? Anyway I'd appreciate hearing from someone if you get time. TIA. Bye y'all!

Hi Joyfulmom

I didn't get into the nail industry until my youngest started playschool (18 years ago!!!) so I totally understand you choosing the right time.

Please feel free to PM me and I would hope I could answer a question or 2!

Marian

Latest posts

Back