How's everybody finding Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peg77

Reaction score
I know quite a few of you have started using the shellac system now and i'm really interested in getting this into my salon. I'm wondering how your clients have found it (had any feedback)?
Is it lasting as long as claimed? No lifting?
Would love to know your thoughts so far. Thanks! :?:

Ok in all honesty , ive been surprised by it!I
My nails are abused and battered and belong in a home for battered nails, anyway I have now had my shellac on since last Sunday ,
I have ; made flat pack furniture, carried shopping, done gardening washed dishes , had acrylic paint on them , brisa gel , monomer! Lol scrub fresh! (only very quickly lol) and what ever else I have done since last week with a full time salon job , 3 kids,no car and husband in Iraq lol
My nails have grown but are
100% perfect! :D
The shellac its self is Still shining , still firmly attached, still a grate color and still nice and flexible!
As for my nails no splits , not chips nothing! For me that's unheard of! One more week to go .......lol
1st pic is last week 2nd is at 6 days later.

mizzy_dizzy-albums-shellac-picture27418-when-they-wear-first-done-pic-done-rubbish-phone-cam.jpg

6 days later

mizzy_dizzy-albums-shellac-picture27419-6days-later-pic-done-phone.jpg
http://www.salongeek.com/members/mi...c-picture27419-6days-later-pic-done-phone.jpg

Last edited:
I Shellacd a hairdresser on tues,checkd her today and it's still perfect. Normaly she only gets 3 days out of polish before it starts showing wear.
I'm still wearing the shellac I put on on sat and except for a few scratches from my file after a very busy week it's still perfect.
:hug:

That's good to hear. I really want it to live up to the hype! Those pics are fab, it still looks immaculate! Let me know again when the 14 days are up please. Thanks:D

Ok in all honesty , ive been surprised by it!I
My nails are abused and battered and belong in a home for battered nails, anyway I have now had my shellac on since last Sunday ,
I have ; made flat pack furniture, carried shopping, done gardening washed dishes , had acrylic paint on them , brisa gel , monomer! Lol scrub fresh! (only very quickly lol) and what ever else I have done since last week with a full time salon job , 3 kids,no car and husband in Iraq lol
My nails have grown but are
100% perfect! :D
The shellac its self is Still shining , still firmly attached, still a grate color and still nice and flexible!
As for my nails no splits , not chips nothing! For me that's unheard of! One more week to go .......lol

mizzy_dizzy-albums-shellac-picture27418-when-they-wear-first-done-pic-done-rubbish-phone-cam.jpg

6 days later

mizzy_dizzy-albums-shellac-picture27419-6days-later-pic-done-phone.jpg

Ooooh this is a gorgeous colour,what one is it please?

It looks like Red Baroness to me.

It looks like Red Baroness to me.
Thanks,i'm doing my Minx training soon so would like to pick up some Shellac for my salon and I think that would definately be a very popular colour.

Well i've said it before but i will say it again lol ...
I have been wearing Shellac for two months and with the only difference being that i have a car and my husband is not in Iraq I have done everything and
more that the poster above has done.

I removed my enhancements and immediately applied Shellac. Ally nails have grown out like crazy and are now natural plus Shellac. Long and strong and not one break in the two months. Only one short nail that I sliced off with the bread knife!!

Ooooh this is a gorgeous colour,what one is it please?

It is a combination of Fedora and Red Baroness ! It looks like the classic CND polish called " spike ", finger nail fixer (holly) was wearing it at the event .
Also I have to just add the pics don't do it justice as it really has sooo much depth and shine , my phone camera is not good enough to show that lol.

I know quite a few of you have started using the shellac system now and i'm really interested in getting this into my salon. I'm wondering how your clients have found it (had any feedback)?
Is it lasting as long as claimed? No lifting?
Would love to know your thoughts so far. Thanks! :?:

Peg, get it. You won't regret it. My kit only arrived Thurs and I LOVE IT. I am the world worst at keeping a polish on, it looks great and seems really strong. I think it will be very popular.

Not done any client yet, but I know they are going to love it too. I'm sure it's going to last. I've cleaned my oven, my garden shed and two dozen nappies and it's still perfect.

I've always said nails weren't my thing, but I think that's going to change!

I haven't applied it to anybody else YET other than myself.... Which I cannot actually believe because I have called on my daughters, sister, loyal long tioldest me client and my 2 oldest bestest friend, to let me have a go, and they all couldn't for one reason or another.... FREE NAILS NEW PRODUCT ....MENTAL PEOPLE !!!

BUT anyway... I have been wearing it myself since I think it was tuesday, And although I KNEW it would be fantastic I am still surprised lol..
I removed my brisa overlays so it is on my natural nails, which I ALWAYS break when they are 'naked' as I am that used to wearing an overlay, I have filed them short but they do still usually break.
Well I have only broken one so far, a tiny chip out of the edge and I do mean tiny so nothing major.
The only tiny signs of wear are on my fore and middle fingers on my 'working hand' have SLIGHTLY worn on the edge... Now comparing this to my usual routine of having to re polish my nails EVERYNIGHT, as these two fingers would always end up with only a tiny bit of polish left on, and that would usually be fluffy from cotton wool pads or something lol 'attractive...not'

I will take a picture of how little this wear n tear actually is, considering the abuse it has had... I think this is actually down to the way I hold my file more than anything Else!

I can honestly say SHELLAC ROCKS !

See... well exactly, you can hardly see anything ! lol, Perfect

photo.jpg

OOOps I know I know,... I really really need to remember my solar Oil :o

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back