Hows Nail Business for Everyone??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nothingbutnails

I seem to be quiet for the last few weeks. Wondering if anyone has noticed that is quieter that normal for this time of year.

I am hoping it picks up soon, thought it may have something to do with interest rates rising?

nothingbutnails said:
I seem to be quiet for the last few weeks. Wondering if anyone has noticed that is quieter that normal for this time of year.

I am hoping it picks up soon, thought it may have something to do with interest rates rising?

hi
January was quiter than normal but the last 2 weeks i have been non stop and as for yesterday and today and tomorrow it's like xmas all over again :D

It has been none stop for me too since Xmas so much so have advertised for 2 nail techs to join salon, am interviewing tomorrow and sunday so hopefully this will help and also have been approached by one of the biggest hair salons in town for me to go and work there too, need to find an 80 hr week now let alone 60 hrs!!!

nothingbutnails said:

Yep a bit quiet here too...........
City people are off doing their stuff, holidays and the like............
But saying that Thursdays and Fridays are full up 4 weeks in advance..........
Wait till March babe, then the spring comes out and so do the pretty nails.......must be nearly pretty toe weather soon................can't wait!!!!!!
Oh I love painting toes.............

My February has actually been rather good. I decided to send letters to all my old clients who had sort of slipped by the wayside, and offer them 20% off during the month of Feb.........well it certainly seems to have worked and has made a usually quiet month for me much better!! Plus it hardly cost me a penny.........FANTASTIC:green:

Adele

nothingbutnails said:

What area are you in??

I'm in the Derbyshire area and have been full-on, with the new clients I picked up over Xmas and the people who have come on recommendation...I need more hours in my week!!!

A little tip...if any of my existing clients recommends a new customer to come and have their nails done and they book an appointment, I give my original customer (not the new one) either 10% off the next appointment, or free hand and arm massage or free nail art.

Saves on advertising, spreads the good word of the quality of your work and makes your customers happy and feel rewarded...everyone's a winner!

Hope this helps!

Jenny - Nails x x x x

Hi all,

I am in the Surrey area.

We have a lot of Vietnamese/non-standard salons around here and most of them are doing sets for £25.00, compared to my Creative Permanent French for £50.00.

I am getting quite a few clients that are not happy with the non-standard salons and I do try and educate clients.

My problem is that nearly all of my clients manage to go 3 weeks between infills/rebalances, great for them, but not so great for me lol.

I was wondering whether to do an offer i.e. 10% off all nail treatments until end of March to get new clients. I could maybe get something made up at printers and put it in salon window, what do you all think.

nothingbutnails said:
I was wondering whether to do an offer i.e. 10% off all nail treatments until end of March to get new clients. I could maybe get something made up at printers and put it in salon window, what do you all think.
hi
if i find my diary isn't well booked for a week during the month i put a sign on my 'A' board outside the salon it says
this weeks special --------normally 10 or 15 percent discount or even deluxe hot wax treatment with every full set
it has never failed for me yet:lol:
the poster i get printed in my local staples store costs me about £7.00 including laminating .
hope this helps
take care
debbie

nothingbutnails said:

Same here, fairly quiet.... good time to take a holiday.Talking of holidays, I'm off to Mammoth skiing for 5 days tomorrow with hubby and kids, then 5 days at LA Disney.Can't wait!!
Missing you already......

In Plymouth Devon, fairly slow, so got 15% off all treatments till end of feb, and 20% off if clients reccommend a friend. Seems to work!

The last two weeks of January were fairly quiet for me, all infills and very few new sets. One of my clients owns a hairdressing salon and she closed on a Saturday because she had no bookings. I assumed that it was that January thing - everyone waiting for the first pay day after Christmas.

I was fairly busy during the first part of February, and the rest of the month is already fully booked.

Actually, the quiet period during January was quite nice. Gave me a chance to catch up on a few boring accountancy things.

nothingbutnails said:

Oh well,
I can't talk much as I have'nt got any clients yet. I finished my training in Oct. 03 but I have'nt been advertising so far. But I am hoping things will pick up after the Ladies Pamp. Night next week and the week after, where I'll be able to hand out my leaflets.
Well, can't live without dreams, can we?lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back