Hows Your Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lindag

Reaction score
This one is for you geeks that have been a techi for a while, I trained with Creative back in February 1999 and have been wearing enhancements for about 8 months before I trained (so over 5 years) and am wondering how everyone elses natural nails are.

If they are in Fab condition - what is it you do.

My nails are in fairly good condition, quite healthy but just arent strong any more, and my middle fingure has a permanet split :cry:

lindag said:
This one is for you geeks that have been a techi for a while, I trained with Creative back in February 1999 and have been wearing enhancements for about 8 months before I trained (so over 5 years) and am wondering how everyone elses natural nails are.

If they are in Fab condition - what is it you do.

My nails are in fairly good condition, quite healthy but just arent strong any more, and my middle fingure has a permanet split :cry:
mine r fine and I wear fibreglass overlays in my own nails and they are fabulous - but I am religeous about my applying oil.

Maybe you should try fabric for a while assuming you wear L&P?

Hiya Lindag,
I haven't been a nail tech for that long but way back about 18 months or so, I decided I would 'have a go' and blindly bought some chemicals that I thought looked and smelt right [how stoopid is that]? and went about sticking stuff on and ripping it off to stick it back on again!! After several months of abuse, I did a short course but still wasn't using brill product. Last October, I did the Creative four day foundation and was so embarassed because I had to go 'naked' as far as my nails were concerned. By this time, they were shot to pieces!! All that abuse and lack of care and understanding. Anyway, there was no need to worry about the state of my nails, there were a few others who seemed to have done the same as me. Since then, I have solar oiled and cared for my nails [with enhancements] and on the rare occasion that I do soak off, my own nails are in much much better condition [yippee!!] perhaps a little thin but on the whole, any damage has disappeared. I feel it is due to superior product and especially Solar Oil.

Anyway, that's my story.... how about other Geeks?

T'raa for now
Carol

I've got a similar problem!
Except its not my nails, it's one of the ladys i have applied nails to. I used Star Nails L&P. I did a set, then 1 infil then she asked me to remove them about 4 weeks after the initial set. The thing is (she's a freind of my nans) she has since been to my nan and said that they have ruined her nails!! Now, when i originally did her nails, we had a big discussion about how she beleived that in the past when she'd had l&p's that they had ruined her nails, but i told her that infact it was the technician, as the product, as long as she'd had them removed properly wouldn't ruin her nails! So i find this a particular insult as i made a special effort not to touch her natural nails at all!! In fact its' probably the fact that she's a cleaner and spends half the day with her hands in detergent!!

What do you think? Was It Me Being Rubbish? :cry:

twotooty2fruity said:
I've got a similar problem!
Except its not my nails, it's one of the ladys i have applied nails to. I used Star Nails L&P. I did a set, then 1 infil then she asked me to remove them about 4 weeks after the initial set. The thing is (she's a freind of my nans) she has since been to my nan and said that they have ruined her nails!! Now, when i originally did her nails, we had a big discussion about how she beleived that in the past when she'd had l&p's that they had ruined her nails, but i told her that infact it was the technician, as the product, as long as she'd had them removed properly wouldn't ruin her nails! So i find this a particular insult as i made a special effort not to touch her natural nails at all!! In fact its' probably the fact that she's a cleaner and spends half the day with her hands in detergent!!

What do you think? Was It Me Being Rubbish? :cry:
oh dear you poor thing - when you say ruined - what actually does she mean - are they flakey, broken or has she not said, & and if you gave her an aftercare leaflet and she has ignored this then what can you do ?

i gave her after care advice, as i dont have any leaflets yet as i'm still training but i thought i gave her good advice, not intirely convinced she followed it though! she say's they're "spongey"??

twotooty2fruity said:
i gave her after care advice, as i dont have any leaflets yet as i'm still training but i thought i gave her good advice, not intirely convinced she followed it though! she say's they're "spongey"??
i have a client who's nails seem the same but that's only after removal and they come back to life so to speak after applying nourish oil...may be you should go and see her and look at her nails to see if there is any signs of abuse to her nails - you could ask to see the oil bottle this might not have been used and could be the problem, maybe offer her a mini manicure as you are still training if you feel this would help...and of course speak to your trainer if there genuinly is a problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back