HRT and/or Thyroid meds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E11eWoods

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything that will help counter the affect that thyroid and HRT meds have on the hair? The past three days has been a nightmare. No matter how light I lift my hair I somehow end up with an orange hue underneath. Prior to lifting I did a strand test on my level 7 disaster from yesterday. I cant stand warmth in my hair so I used everything to counteract warmth. I used Joico DD, 6A and 6SB I wanted to make sure no warmth was left. My hair once again looks auburn. I kept going through everything in my mind about color theory, underlying pigment. What cancels out what. Then I noticed my midshaft and ends were perfect. I kept my ends out and midshaft is always so hard but when my midshaft was processed months ago I was not on these medications. Every thing I know I questioned. One thing for sure I was doing wrong but other than that the formulations to cancel colors were correct. I have been losing it with seeing this orange when SB AND A should make me look like not a very pretty color but def not orange. Meds are all I can think of. Has anyone else heard of this and know any way to counter act the affect. Many thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back