HRT & Menopause advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lila22

Reaction score
Well i was'nt sure if to post this as most people will be thinking Menapause as so many young ones on here :o
Ive been going through the menapause from the age of 25 and was on an HRT for 10 years but they discountined it in this country so im now trying to find something and im at the end of my tether trying:evil:
Just wondering if any ladies are on HRT or know anyone who can recommend something as i really am getting fed up! Im either really tired, sore boobs, migraines or feeling bloated.
Any advice or help would be great thanks :rolleyes:xxx

Well i was'nt sure if to post this as most people will be thinking Menapause as so many young ones on here :o
Ive been going through the menapause from the age of 25 and was on an HRT for 10 years but they discountined it in this country so im now trying to find something and im at the end of my tether trying:evil:
Just wondering if any ladies are on HRT or know anyone who can recommend something as i really am getting fed up! Im either really tired, sore boobs, migraines or feeling bloated.
Any advice or help would be great thanks :rolleyes:xxx
Hi Lila
you never know who is in similar situation!
yes I am with you.... I am 37 and had a hysterectomy at 28 at first I had cream, gel, tablets and they just didn't work I put on weight felt crappy all the time even my moods were all over the place (even though I never suffered when I had monthly's)

I then had the oestrogen implant - this was amazing!! my consultant advised it, they give you local anesthetic on your tummy (lowish) then a tiny cut and put in 2 tablets (the size of original 2 paracetamols) then 1 stitch and voila!! sorry for the gory details but its the only way to explain! I have no symptoms at all not one - it even makes your boobs full slightly (hey natural little lift) and another boost is the libido, god knows where that came from but not complaining! This is done once a year..... til i'm 50

Then had a nightmare my consultant told me they had stop making the implant - PANIC - I had to try tablets but felt bloated and really off...

then 3 months later I got a call saying they had another company that were making it but wasnt yet licensed (for NHS but they use it in private clinics) WOOHOO..... had it in last month and I am back to normal.... its fab and free.

Sorry for getting personal but its worth explaining it really is! Oh its called Oestriadol.

good luck hun xx

Wow that's great news, so did you get it on nhs? You will no how it is trying to look for one, I also have ME so I'm very sensitive too, I'm do tired and hungry which I don't like :( I'm back at the hospital next month so will ask about this as the doctor seemed stuck on what to try next, I'm on yet another tablet at the mo but it's just not right I can tell! Tried the patch was so tired tried another and would not stay on longer then an hour never mind a week :s
Thanks so much for yr advice I really appreciate it xxx

Yes its on NHS any doctor that covers minor surgery can do it too.. if not they can refer you to the out patients dept at hosp! Yes when trying the patches, gel, tablets etc I had to pay as per normal prescription (the cheek).. I kept saying nothing suited me as I just 'didn't feel right' I'm sure you know that feeling.. you can google it and it may say it is no longer available but there is this one with exact same ingredients and my consultant is an expert and she covers top end private clinics so I trust her completely, I will NEVER have anything else..
She did say all her patients have requested this again.. to not worry about it for a year is the best for me as I've had lots of medication surgery for years and have had enough!

I think if you get HRT from your docs you may have to convince them - it is def worth it, I am not bloated or overeating in fact it gives you a real boost.. my OH notices a massive difference in me too..
make that appt xxxx

Yes its on NHS any doctor that covers minor surgery can do it too.. if not they can refer you to the out patients dept at hosp! Yes when trying the patches, gel, tablets etc I had to pay as per normal prescription (the cheek).. I kept saying nothing suited me as I just 'didn't feel right' I'm sure you know that feeling.. you can google it and it may say it is no longer available but there is this one with exact same ingredients and my consultant is an expert and she covers top end private clinics so I trust her completely, I will NEVER have anything else..
She did say all her patients have requested this again.. to not worry about it for a year is the best for me as I've had lots of medication surgery for years and have had enough!

I think if you get HRT from your docs you may have to convince them - it is def worth it, I am not bloated or overeating in fact it gives you a real boost.. my OH notices a massive difference in me too..
make that appt xxxx

I dont think they will mind im sure they did mention an implant, hope it was that one, well ive had enough of tabs ect so hearing this i will bring my app forward and see about this. Right so its called Oestriadol and its an implant? Ohhh im quite exited :lol: For some weird reson the hrt tablets keep giving me night sweats and i do feel yuck, so this will be done once a year? Thanks soooooo much for your advice :hug:

yes this is the implant and honestly the only thing that makes all the sweats etc etc go - the only thing that has stopped ALL symptoms of menopause... hope this works for you too - have not heard of anyone having symptoms with this! That was the name of the first one I think.. but if you say you will try implant its the same thing (as I questioned them at the time thinking it was like the contraceptive implants !! but it wasnt)
If you do try this send me a PM to let me know how you go... Its the best thing I have ever had - I would promote it if I could ha ha :hug: xxxxxxxxxxxx

yes this is the implant and honestly the only thing that makes all the sweats etc etc go - the only thing that has stopped ALL symptoms of menopause... hope this works for you too - have not heard of anyone having symptoms with this! That was the name of the first one I think.. but if you say you will try implant its the same thing (as I questioned them at the time thinking it was like the contraceptive implants !! but it wasnt)
If you do try this send me a PM to let me know how you go... Its the best thing I have ever had - I would promote it if I could ha ha :hug: xxxxxxxxxxxx
yes i thought they meant the contraceptive implant, maybe i should of listened :confused:
Im so exited as even last time i was telling the doctor im really getting fed up with it all, you have been so helpful thanks so much hun xxxxxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back