Huge dilemma, do I stay or do I go?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xTiax

Reaction score
Geeks I hope you can help, apologies for the long thread!

I am a qualified nail tech working in a hair salon with the owners daughter and if I'm lucky I'll have 1-2 appointments a day and earn around £30-£50 per week (50-50 split, they supply prods).

I am in the process of doing more beauty qualifications (waxing, facials, massage, etc) and finish qualifying in about 2 weeks. The opportunity has come up to rent a beauty room above a hair salon where I'll be the only BT. It's a salon on the High Street in my local town on a 60-40 split (I provide the prods).

The salon I'm currently in doesn't have a beauty room so I can't do waxing, massages, etc....only nails in the main hair salon.

My dilemma....do I stay where I am and get more experience doing nails but no experience doing the other beauty treatments or do I take the plunge and move to a new place where I can do everything although I don't have a huge amount of experience.

My ultimate goal is to have a beauty salon in a log cabin in my back garden so I could bring clients from the town centre salon as there isn't another BT there whereas if I stay in my current salon I wouldn't be able to bring any clients.

Does anyone have any advice that they could offer? Thanks xxx

Move, expand and grow, no brainer for me, good luck :D

I would move, sounds a much better prospect long term.

Total no-brainer. Make the move! You've invested time and money in yourself to grow your skill set and it would be a waste not to use it. It also sounds like you'll make more money and be nearer your end-goal if you move now. Good luck with it :)

Latest posts

Back