Huge life decision for an indecisive person, please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChantelleMcK

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I'd really appreciate your help on this one. I'm the most indecisive person as I've already pointed out and I just don't know what to do 😟.

I rent a room above a hairdressers and it will be a year in December. I've stuck it out doing 40+ hours and doing advertising and accounts at home I also have a Facebook page but it still doesn't seem to be picking up. I have even had to get a 2nd job as its back to the quiet months. I sometimes get a really busy week then 2-3 quiet weeks out of a month which means I'm able to pay my rent but that's about it. I know the first year of business is hard, but I don't take a wage I basically work to pay the rent and bills.

I don't want this to all sound negative because I love my job and really don't want to give it up. There's also 9 other beauty salons in the same town so there is too much competition.

Please help
Thanks in advance xx

When you say 'please help' what do you want us to help you with?

I think you have to trust your gut instinct and if you feel that you will be able to succeed in your current location stay, if not think about an alternative.

Working in someone else's salon
From Home
Mobile

You wont have failed should you decide to move your business somewhere else, your just taking a different route.

It probably feels like you've done everything that you can but sometimes an independent pair of eyes can help.
Why not get a business mentor? There is plenty of free support around.
HTH x

I've been weighing up the pros and cons and it working out that I need to move my business. I think it's just a big step to take and it's scaring me. Thank you so much for your advice.

Latest posts

Back