Huge no show appointment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mimo9

Reaction score
Geeks what would you do about this? We are over 50 minutes into a 'no show' on one of our busiest ever days. The client (new) booked about two weeks ago and for £140 worth of treatments. We asked for a deposit...she didn't bring one when she said she would. We chased her for it and she was supposed to bring her deposit last night but didn't, however I spoke with her earlier in the day and we even worked out the order of her treatments....also she was adamant about having a spray tan even though it was going to be tricky time wise. She assured me that she would be here when I explained how busy we were today and that we could have filled the slot over and over. All we know is that she is organising a big event tonight and so we know she needs the treatments. We would suspect that she is a timewaster but she even has on her FB that she was looking forward to finishing work at 1pm and then being pampered. What can we do....apart from learn from this??? But what do we learn?? I guess it's just something that we need to get used to but as someone who just wouldn't let others down I am sitting typing this and I am furious. Any advice? Have I any come back at all?

Have you phoned her to see if she's still coming?
Tbh I can't see that you have any come back. You asked for a deposit which didn't appear and then allowed the appointment times to remain booked knowing there was no commitment on the client's side. I can see why when you had a conversation re treatment orders, it seemed like she would turn up but in my opinion, business is business and if you ask for a deposit to secure the booking, you should get it for each and every client.
Sorry if that sounds harsh, it's not intended. Can't figure out how else to word it! (Having one of those days where the words are in my head but I'm talking rubbish) x

Geeks what would you do about this? We are over 50 minutes into a 'no show' on one of our busiest ever days. The client (new) booked about two weeks ago and for £140 worth of treatments. We asked for a deposit...she didn't bring one when she said she would. We chased her for it and she was supposed to bring her deposit last night but didn't, however I spoke with her earlier in the day and we even worked out the order of her treatments....also she was adamant about having a spray tan even though it was going to be tricky time wise. She assured me that she would be here when I explained how busy we were today and that we could have filled the slot over and over. All we know is that she is organising a big event tonight and so we know she needs the treatments. We would suspect that she is a timewaster but she even has on her FB that she was looking forward to finishing work at 1pm and then being pampered. What can we do....apart from learn from this??? But what do we learn?? I guess it's just something that we need to get used to but as someone who just wouldn't let others down I am sitting typing this and I am furious. Any advice? Have I any come back at all?

Hi Mimo 9, that's terrible, i would put it down to experience unfortunately, do you have card facilities at your salon? If so how about introducing a new policy for any treatments booked for a certain amount of time i.e 90mins and over etc take credit card details to secure bookings make clients aware that nothing will be taken from the card unless appointment is cancelled less than 24hrs notice that will incur 50% charge or a no show then 100% of the amount will be charged i used to do this when i had a card terminal it works very well filters out the bad eggs xx

Also to add.....if the event is tonight, would she not have wanted the tan yesterday? I think she's having you on. Can't imagine running an event covered in guide colour but maybe she likes her tan dark!

It is really really disheartening when this happens! :( when you look at how busy you are and get filled with excitement and joy that your going t have a good week!! Then things like this happens! I've had two cancelations this week. At last minute. So that's £95 I've missed out on!!! It's horrible.
But she just seems like a chancer! If she hadn't brought the money in by yesterday I would of simply told her because she has not brought in the deposit the slot can no longer be given to her.
I bet you anything she's in boots right now buying crappy self tan, stick on nails and some new lipstick!! Without a thought to you!!

Nicola! Xxx

Have you phoned her to see if she's still coming?
Tbh I can't see that you have any come back. You asked for a deposit which didn't appear and then allowed the appointment times to remain booked knowing there was no commitment on the client's side. I can see why when you had a conversation re treatment orders, it seemed like she would turn up but in my opinion, business is business and if you ask for a deposit to secure the booking, you should get it for each and every client.
Sorry if that sounds harsh, it's not intended. Can't figure out how else to word it! (Having one of those days where the words are in my head but I'm talking rubbish) x

Don't worry...it's nothing I don't know already. We tried to take card details when she first booked but she said she'd drop a deposit in. And yes we phoned....voicemail....and messaged her on FB....nothing!! And now two hours later still nothing!! Timewaster is the only word for it really...unless she's been run over by the number 36!! :evil:

Also to add.....if the event is tonight, would she not have wanted the tan yesterday? I think she's having you on. Can't imagine running an event covered in guide colour but maybe she likes her tan dark!

We discussed all of this yesterday....making me then think she would show. She decided to have the lightest tan as she would have no time to wash it off and was going straight to the event. Not my idea of fun but we use Nouvatan and the guide colour is pretty good so lots of our clients go straight out!!

We discussed all of this yesterday....making me then think she would show. She decided to have the lightest tan as she would have no time to wash it off and was going straight to the event. Not my idea of fun but we use Nouvatan and the guide colour is pretty good so lots of our clients go straight out!!

Ah I see....I use LA tan and it's dark! Like another poster said maybe put it down to experience. You've tried more than enough ways to contact her and she's obviously dodging your calls so prob not the type of client you want. Still that's no consolation when you've lost money x

Hi Mimo 9, that's terrible, i would put it down to experience unfortunately, do you have card facilities at your salon? If so how about introducing a new policy for any treatments booked for a certain amount of time i.e 90mins and over etc take credit card details to secure bookings make clients aware that nothing will be taken from the card unless appointment is cancelled less than 24hrs notice that will incur 50% charge or a no show then 100% of the amount will be charged i used to do this when i had a card terminal it works very well filters out the bad eggs xx

Thank you!! We do have a card machine and in principal your idea would work but I'm not sure we can hold card details without having data protection issues. I looked into it once before.

"Holding credit card details in this way is a breach of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards compliance obligations and can attract up to a £500,000 fine by the Information Commissioner's Office in a case of a data breach,"

I'd do it like a shot if I thought it was okay to hold them!!

Don't beat yourself up too much, it's part of this industry but great if you can learn from it.
I always say trust your instincts - I do and I'm usually right ( in this industry we meet so many different people that we get a good feel for clients)

For Xmas I'm taking 50% deposits for all new clients with treatments over £40 - without that deposit I will not hold their appointment it's as simple as that. If a client Is genuine they will have no problem with that, and likely hood is if they can't find the deposit now they will never be able to find the full treatment price nearer the time when everyone is skint.
Xx

It is really really disheartening when this happens! :( when you look at how busy you are and get filled with excitement and joy that your going t have a good week!! Then things like this happens! I've had two cancelations this week. At last minute. So that's £95 I've missed out on!!! It's horrible.
But she just seems like a chancer! If she hadn't brought the money in by yesterday I would of simply told her because she has not brought in the deposit the slot can no longer be given to her.
I bet you anything she's in boots right now buying crappy self tan, stick on nails and some new lipstick!! Without a thought to you!!

Nicola! Xxx

Thanks Nicola! It is soul destroying but we're laughing now as not worth letting it destroy the rest of the day! I did actually ring her late yesterday and ask her to bring the deposit again and she said she would, but then we talked about her appointment so much that I was sure she wouldn't want to miss it. No idea what has happened and like you we are way out of pocket. :sad:
xx

Other than saying you cannot confirm her appointment (or any) without a deposit there is not much else you can do - that way you can still book the slots so they aren't wasted - but she knows you wont take any Bull Sh*t - UNTIL she pays a deposit.

x

I only had 2 no shows in the last two days. Only one couldnt get back to me, n i was thankful for the break to be honest. Every booking make sure you let the client know that if they are unable to make it to let you know asap so you can fit someone else in! xoxo

Latest posts

Back