Human Hair Extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinkabbi

Reaction score
I recently had human hair extensions by the fusion method but the hair just keeps coming out in handfuls :sad: does anyone have any ideas why this might be, the hair used was indian hair and it was done by a professional hairdresser!!!

hiya,

If you send a mail to [email protected] explaining the problem I'll get some of my extensionists to have a look at the problem for you.

If its ok with you I'll then post their replies back on here to help anyone else if they have the same problem.....

Thanks for the reply i will send an email asap :)

Hi,

There are a few different causes to "shedding" extensions. Some natural shedding will occur during the first few days just some loose hairs coming away. However, this should not be in hand-fulls.

Other reasons for shedding depends on the fusion method used and whether the extensions were pre-bonded.

One main cause of shedding can be the shampoo and conditioner you are using. If you are not using the recommended products by your extensionist, contamination can occur, this is where the bonds become soft and start crumbling and the hair will begin to come out.

Also another cause for shedding is (depending on the system used) if when your hair was washed before the extensions were applied a conditioner was used (this is not the case for all extensions systems but a lot of bonded extensions recommended the hair to be squeaky clean with no conditioner on).

If the extensions were applied using a heat bonding system such as racoon, if the glue is not applied throughout the extension hair, a "shoe-lace" affect can happen. This is where the bonding glue secures the outside of the hair to yours but is not pushed all the way through and hence not securing the hair in the middle of the bonds (like the tip of a shoe-lace) therefore this middle hair will shed as it is not attached properly.

The best advice when not entirely happy with your extensions is to go back to the salon or telephone the extensionist and discuss the problem. Most salons and professional extensionists will be happy to take a look at your extensions and identify the problem.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back