Hunkydory Holo glitter - are you happy with them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
Mine came this morning, I've tried them out on c/pops but I'm not happy with them as they don't seem that 'holographic'.
They do sparkle slightly differently in bright light but look no different in normal daylight. I've taken a photo- the holos are the five pops in the foreground.

What do you think? Are they different enough from my normal to warrant keeping them?

Does anyone else use Hunkydory holos? R u happy with them?

Can anyone suggest some strong holos?

Thanks x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339421699.066951.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339421699.066951.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 406
I see what you mean, they do look sort of similar to your others (which all look fab by the way!) I really love Irresistible Glitters, I have all of the holographic shades and all are really strong and eyecatching, I would definitely recommend them.

Have you thought about getting some spectraflair and mixing it in with normal glitter? it would not be 100% holographic but should give some amazing results x

I've only got the silver which I love as do ally clients. It's so much nicer than a normal silver.

I see what you mean about the others though. A bit disappointing really as I was going to get some others but might not bother now x

Irresistible Glitter imho is gorgeous - it's a lot finer than most glitters and the non-holographic glitter has almost a foil like shine, whereas the holographic glitter is really sparkly, especially in the day light :green:

For holographic glitters ive used edible cake glitters they work fab and really do sparkle!

These Irresistible Glitters that ive heard people talk about where can you get them from? alot of my clients like glitter and sparkly nails and im always interested in trying new products :) thanks!

ooo i really like them!, how have you applied them on your pop stick, like in within what?...sorry if thats a reallt thick question lmao xxx

Irresistable glitters for me too.Best i've used. Got mine from fingertips centre S2 sell them.

ooo i really like them!, how have you applied them on your pop stick, like in within what?...sorry if thats a reallt thick question lmao xxx

they're encased in shellac...

dabbed onto uncured creampuff
topcoat x2

Here they are on my nails (pinky is a Swarovski nail) will probably keep the silver as it's the most holo.

The other 5 are going back- as not happy with the Holo quality in these...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339452928.209028.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339452928.209028.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 240
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339452949.603100.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339452949.603100.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 247
Have you thought about getting some spectraflair and mixing it in with normal glitter? it would not be 100% holographic but should give some amazing results x

is it a powder that you mix into your glitter?

Just wondered what you use for your other glitters, they're all lovely colours. I use irresistible glitters, but they don't have some of the pretty colours that you have!! X

Just wondered what you use for your other glitters, they're all lovely colours. I use irresistible glitters, but they don't have some of the pretty colours that you have!! X

They're nearly all Martha Stewart's, (5 are generic neons)

Thank you, I've been looking at the Martha Stewart's but there's a few different kinds and wasn't sure what was the best type to go with! X

Here they are on my nails (pinky is a Swarovski nail) will probably keep the silver as it's the most holo.

The other 5 are going back- as not happy with the Holo quality in these...

I agree! There's only really the silver & gold that are actually holo the others are quite disappointing. Although still lovely colours!
I love using the silver one its so sparkly!!
oImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339508473.242346.jpg

Mine came this morning, I've tried them out on c/pops but I'm not happy with them as they don't seem that 'holographic'.
They do sparkle slightly differently in bright light but look no different in normal daylight. I've taken a photo- the holos are the five pops in the foreground.

What do you think? Are they different enough from my normal to warrant keeping them?

Does anyone else use Hunkydory holos? R u happy with them?

Can anyone suggest some strong holos?

Thanks x

What is the pastel yellow on the back row? Iv been searching for a glitter that colour!!
Also are your caviar beads coated in gel? X

What is the pastel yellow on the back row? Iv been searching for a glitter that colour!!
Also are your caviar beads coated in gel? X

Which yellow? The one next to the purple is mica powder and the other is Martha stewart glitter. The beads were dipped onto shellac topcoat but not 'covered' in it

Which yellow? The one next to the purple is mica powder and the other is Martha stewart glitter. The beads were dipped onto shellac topcoat but not 'covered' in it

On the right hand side the pastel yellow is at the side of the punk?
They look fab xx

Latest posts

Back