Husband's skin - any ideas please what this it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Just wondered if anybody
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1445119205.785326.jpg
had a clue what this is on my husbands cheek?

Typical obstinate male and refuses to go to the doctor to get it checked out so I'm a bit at a loss so just thought I'd get opinions. It's been there months but started with a couple of blotches and the area has spread.

He works outside and has done for many years and wears no suncream ever. Pink toned skin which burns/reddens but goes brown eventually, a few freckles and blue eyes. Don't know if that's relevant or not.

Thank you

Hi it just looks like discolouration caused by the sun or ageing but I'm no doctor so would definitely advise he get checked out- guilt trip him in to it, does he want to be around for his kids/grandkids? X

It does look like sun damage but as has been suggested, get it checked. It looks like further sun damage lower down. He should wear an spf in all weathers but he probably knows that x

Thank you, will do my best.

His sister bought him some Clarins men's moisturising spf products a few years ago ... He put them in the charity shop bag. Asaargh! So annoying x

Try and get him to use a separate spf to moisturiser - if indeed you can get him to use anything. You should never use a moisturiser with spf, always separate if possible x

Oh wow really? Is that because it kind of dilutes the spf? X

It's sun damage. He needs to be doctor checked. Some spots can be a cancer precursor and the doc will easily burn these off. Better safe than sorry.

Oh wow really? Is that because it kind of dilutes the spf? X
Several reasons @blossom. The effectiveness of spf is rarely tested after adding it to moisturiser. A moisturiser is meant to absorb into the skin and an spf is meant to sit on the skin so they end up doing neither well. And finally you're meant to reapply your spf regularly but you wouldn't want to reapply your expensive day cream. A good quality broad spectrum spf is what's needed. Don't go too high as once you get above about factor 20, you're loading your skin with chemicals, and reapply regularly x

Several reasons @blossom. The effectiveness of spf is rarely tested after adding it to moisturiser. A moisturiser is meant to absorb into the skin and an spf is meant to sit on the skin so they end up doing neither well. And finally you're meant to reapply your spf regularly but you wouldn't want to reapply your expensive day cream. A good quality broad spectrum spf is what's needed. Don't go too high as once you get above about factor 20, you're loading your skin with chemicals, and reapply regularly x

Can you recommend a good SPF? I know dermalogica do their daylight defence range but I haven't tried it x

Rad from environ. It's shown as a factor 15 but protects much higher. Many people who react to sunscreen don't react to this one. It's excellent x

Rad from environ. It's shown as a factor 15 but protects much higher. Many people who react to sunscreen don't react to this one. It's excellent x
Thank you [emoji5]️ x

Latest posts

Back