HY-Wax heater, temperatures?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthlm

Reaction score
I have bought one of the small HY-Wax heaters to get to grips with nonstrip waxing, I use only strip was just now, but want to use hot wax for facial and bikini, I took a trip to sally's to get some hot wax, and bought a small amount of Just Wax discs, so I could use my self as a model, and practice application and such on my legs untill I was more confident...anyway, after the ON setting, the first temp is 90 and goes all the way up to 150 I think it is....I had it on the lowest setting, sitting further down than the 90, lowest before the heater would switch off and it is still way too hot?? does any one else have this heater and if so could you advise me if it is only a particular kind of hot wax that can be used...I am puzzled :irked: many thanks, ruth

this is a link to a picture of the heater I bought....Australian Bodycare Trade Website | HY-Wax System | Hot Wax Single Heater

bumpety bump............

I am guesing it's not one that alot of people have then?? any recomendations for a good one?

Hi Ruth, I would be inclined to think the heater may be faulty? Looking at the link you posted that heater is designed for hot wax and I would have thought it should start very low temp wise. The Perron Rigot Wax that I use has a very low working temp. I have a small satin smooth heater, I think its Babyliss Pro?, it is virtually cold at the start of the temp slide and I work with it around 2 on the scale. kx

thanks for that, i thought it may have been for use with a particular kind of hard wax, as the temp dial is actually labled with 90 being the lowest heat setting, never mind, will have a look at the babyliss pro, and hopefully will get one that doesnt wat to burn the skin off you lol x

Latest posts

Back