Hydra facials help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it just me but I find the thought of people parting with large amounts of money for treatments with a therapist who has done an online course and bought her equipment from eBay unbelievable

I find it puzzling, I actually have come across some extremely well curated, thorough and in-depth courses (a CIBTAC accredited CBD course). I imagine that there must be some courses being offered online of similar quality when it comes to beauty therapy.

Where I have pause is regarding insurance. I think this forum can be extremely constructive and helpful to future therapists and those navigating a confusingly self-regulated industry - my worry is if everyone is protecting themselves from an insurance angle.

I've spoken to many insurers and I can say with certainty that in-person training was required for many of these hand's on services.

An insurer I spoke to required details that a seller on Amazon wouldn't be able to provide, which is why I'm puzzled if the services with these specific devices is being properly insured.

I caution any readers of this thread to please speak to your insurer before taking on any courses (all but specifically online courses) to ensure that it is accredited and that they will provide coverage for the service.

On another note, I'm all for price hunting, but I would always suggest buying from a reputable distributor here in the UK where you can contact easily if the device malfunctions or needs returning.

*P.S. I want to acknowledge the fact that if you have done an level 3 in electrical facials, you would have covered microdermabrasion. Hydrodermabrasion is simply the propelling and suction of these low percentage acid solutions. This may very well be accepted by many insurers as the foundation knowledge would have been covered. My only caution is if the insurance will not only accept the training in the format it was achieved but if they will accept coverage on the DEVICE.

I completely understand the urge to want to match competitors and offer the latest and greatest, I just want everyone to be protected : )

Last edited:
Also, please do not promote this service as a "Hydrafacial" as this is trademarked and you run the risk of infringing on their IP.
The modality is hydrodermabrasion.

I know there has been little to no responses on this thread, but I thought to update for those that happen to still be interested.

Just got an email from Zemits who announced that they have a sale on their hydrodermabrasion device.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 15.23.45.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 15.23.45.png
    480.1 KB · Views: 45
Hi I’m looking in to hydra machines. One worked out about £13,000 and the other £25,000 so I’m really confused about these machines under £1000 and what the fundamental differences are? It’s so hard making decisions with no beauty shows happening soon. Thanks!

Hi I’m looking in to hydra machines. One worked out about £13,000 and the other £25,000 so I’m really confused about these machines under £1000 and what the fundamental differences are? It’s so hard making decisions with no beauty shows happening soon. Thanks!

The hydrodermabrasion machine attached above are all under those price points. Maybe contact some of these suppliers for further information?

*These are UK distributors

Latest posts

Back