Hydrafacial machine from China?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi there ,

I was wondering if anyone has purchased a hydra facial machine from China .
I have seen some on Ali Baba.. the prices are quite tempting and they look quite good. I have contacted some training providers and it seems as though they are charging double the price for the same machine .
They come with CE certification, however I have never ordered anything like this from there before so I was skeptical

has anyone tried hydra facial machines from such websites and if so how was your experience?

thank youu

Welcome to the forum.

I don't do this treatment, but maybe other geeks will help you out with specific brand suggestions.

Before purchasing, just a concern I would have with buying anything you have not used before. What about training in the new discipline? Where will you be able to receive it?
Unless you are already trained in the hydra facial, I apologise.

Often the instruction booklets are very badly written and are a nightmare to understand.
Plus your insurers will need to know if you are using a new piece of equipment. Do your underpinning beauty qualifications cover this new discipline.
I hope that makes sense, and I am not trying to put you off, but training and after sales service are so important.
Your clients trust you to make the best choice on their behalf. Confidence in your new machine and how you perform the facial is crucial to delivering a good quality facial and that is good news for future business.

Best of luck.

Welcome to the forum.

I don't do this treatment, but maybe other geeks will help you out with specific brand suggestions.

Before purchasing, just a concern I would have with buying anything you have not used before. What about training in the new discipline? Where will you be able to receive it?
Unless you are already trained in the hydra facial, I apologise.

Often the instruction booklets are very badly written and are a nightmare to understand.
Plus your insurers will need to know if you are using a new piece of equipment. Do your underpinning beauty qualifications cover this new discipline.
I hope that makes sense, and I am not trying to put you off, but training and after sales service are so important.
Your clients trust you to make the best choice on their behalf. Confidence in your new machine and how you perform the facial is crucial to delivering a good quality facial and that is good news for future business.

Best of luck.

thank you for your response !

I have contacted various training providers, so that is not a problem, as they provide full accredited training. I am a biomedical scientist however I don’t yet have specific beauty qualifications but I am hoping to book in for the training before I purchase a machine

I did notice some were providing the machine with the training however the machines appear to be the same as I have seen on ali baba, for a fraction of the price. I may just purchase the machine from the UK but I was just curious and wanted to know if anyone has any experience with machines from abroad.

Also are there any other treatments you would recommend ? I am an eyelash technician and I do various other treatments however I have not yet done anything skin related !

any help would be much appreciated

Thank you

A good starter for you would be to do an accredited facial course, and learn the basics about consultation, skin analysis, cleansers, toners , moisturisers and facial massage and mask making. If you look into "Gateway Workshops" their facial course for beginners could be the right start if college is not an option for you.

At college you would have a really excellent chance of learning, and then you could progress onto level 3 which would cover facial electrics. Then you'd have experience in a branded electrical supplier, that you would become familiar with.

Without this underpinning knowledge you may feel that your knowledge is lacking and maybe could knock your confidence.
What are the various treatments you mention?
Have you thought of doing some market research with your existing clients to see if they are interested in signing up for your new venture? I got my clients on board when I thought about creating my Advanced facial menu. I do galvanic, microcurrent and plenty of facial massage.
The latter is always popular and costs very little to perform. If done well it becomes a memorable experience for your clients. Hands are excellent tools and it's worth remembering that no machine can do what our hands can do.

Waxing is also very lucrative , so look into that too.

Last edited:
thank you for your response !

I have contacted various training providers, so that is not a problem, as they provide full accredited training. I am a biomedical scientist however I don’t yet have specific beauty qualifications but I am hoping to book in for the training before I purchase a machine

I did notice some were providing the machine with the training however the machines appear to be the same as I have seen on ali baba, for a fraction of the price. I may just purchase the machine from the UK but I was just curious and wanted to know if anyone has any experience with machines from abroad.

Also are there any other treatments you would recommend ? I am an eyelash technician and I do various other treatments however I have not yet done anything skin related !

any help would be much appreciated

Thank you

Heya,

I've posted on a similar topic quite recently. I'll copy and paste that below for your perusal.

I notice that you mentioned that you are an eyelash technician. I'm unsure of the credentials for insurance on this service, but I would imagine that would require a level 2 in beauty therapy?

Regarding the hydradermabrasion machine, from all of the insurers I've spoken to, they require a pre-requisite of a level 3 in Electrical facials for microdermabrasion (which is fundamentally what this service is).

I personally would air on the side of caution and have a good talk with your insurer. If you are unsure, send them the link to one of these courses and see if they will accept it first before spending the money and attending.

Many of these training academy's offer a certificate afterwards, but this means little if your insurer won't provide coverage for the training you've received.

Pasting the comment on a similar post below:

''Hydrafacial seem to have cornered the market on hydrodermabrasion. I imagine like CACI is synonymous with micro current, that if you don't buy into this name you most likely won't bring people off of the street just to try it as those names tend to draw people in...clever buggers!

I've never had a treatment or used one of these devices. I've done microdermabrasion, but I find that I never really reach for it. Who is it best for? For rough texture, dry and dull skin, surface hyperpigmentation. It gives clients an immediate glow, refined skin texture and is also a nice way to loosen up milia in between chemical peels if that's something your tackling.

I think the attractive thing about hydrodermabrasion is that they appear to be an even gentler form of microdermabrasion, making them even more suitable for more sensitive and stimulated skin conditions.

The nice thing is if you find a hydradermabrasion machine, I imagine with them being more gentle you can work that into a lot of facials, maybe making that a unique selling point as I imagine like yourself ( I included), many can't/don't want to invest into a hydrafacial branded machine.

I always look at the device/technology when I'm considering to buy a new device and as ask myself a few questions.
"Am I paying for the name?" "Will this bring in new business?" "Is this something my existing clients are demanding or am I just curious to try it?" "Will I use this device enough to make it worth the investment?" "Can I get similar results in my treatments without it?" "Is there a hole in my treatment menu/demographic I serve that this would fill?" "Could I purchase a more budget-friendly model/option and see how I get on?".

I found these online. A lot of these are from aesthetic distributors that I recognise and would happily do business with myself (bio-therapeutic, Koreesa, Magroup). Most of them you need to request a trade account to gain the prices of the devices. Some of the pricier devices may offer payment plans if needed. If you are ever unsure just find the make of the device and put it into google as "___ UK distributor" as this can save some money if you buy direct from the manufacturer. Many of them however have usually chosen a UK distributor, in this case they will direct you towards them as the distributors usually have a sales, training and aftercare team...you can see why they prefer to pass this on to a distributor!

It goes without saying that you should only buy from a reputable supplier (not eBay, alibaba) as you would want a warranty on the product and help if something breaks or malfunctions.

With it being a generally slower season, they may be able to work out certain marked down price to get some sales in.''

https://zemits.co.uk/product/zemits...gzqKN9TAvobXGnQnqIKbKG5sxMR2DnOhoCnkEQAvD_BwE
https://www.3d-lipo.co.uk/our-equipment/facial-devices/3d-hydro2/
https://renepro.co.uk/product/facial-machines/
https://www.bio-therapeutic.com/product/bio-brasion-trinity/
https://www.magroup.co.uk/shop/devices/aquasure-h2-machine
https://jetpeel.com/jetpeel/
https://www.shopkoreesa.co.uk/machines/cell-ultimate
https://uk2.baldangroup.com/aqua-3-facial-treatment-system/

Hi there ,

I was wondering if anyone has purchased a hydra facial machine from China .
I have seen some on Ali Baba.. the prices are quite tempting and they look quite good. I have contacted some training providers and it seems as though they are charging double the price for the same machine .
They come with CE certification, however I have never ordered anything like this from there before so I was skeptical

has anyone tried hydra facial machines from such websites and if so how was your experience?

thank youu
I don't know the machine you are talking about, but in general I would personally not buy any expensive machine from China, even though it may well be fantastic. The reason being because if you have any issues with it such as it malfunctioning or needing any replacement parts, contacting the manufacturer could turn out to be very difficult, especially with the language barrier. Whereas if you buy from a British supplier you can usually just pick up the phone and speak to them, or even visit them at their premises.
There's also the issue of training being provided or not, as the case might be.

So it might seem a lot cheaper initially but in the long run you might regret it.

China is the manufacturing capital in the world - But it’s a minefield.
our phones for example are manufactured in China but there is a whole load of insurance, product standard/ quality control and contracts that go along with it that companies will partake in before placing any order.
you as a single item buyer aren’t high in their priority list. You will never be sure wether you are getting exactly what you think you’ve ordered Which is something you should be very cautious of if your using it for treatments on customers. Postage costs are really high too and there’s many orders that don’t arrive and sellers then get removed form alibaba so you can’t contact them. Then there’s returns policy - usually non existent or not feasible to return if you have any problems with the machine.
find a uk supplier you can trust.
Best of luck

I don't know the machine you are talking about, but in general I would personally not buy any expensive machine from China, even though it may well be fantastic. The reason being because if you have any issues with it such as it malfunctioning or needing any replacement parts, contacting the manufacturer could turn out to be very difficult, especially with the language barrier. Whereas if you buy from a British supplier you can usually just pick up the phone and speak to them, or even visit them at their premises.
There's also the issue of training being provided or not, as the case might be.

So it might seem a lot cheaper initially but in the long run you might regret it.
Thank you for your response ,
Do you know of any UK supplier ?

our phones for example are manufactured in China but there is a whole load of insurance, product standard/ quality control and contracts that go along with it that companies will partake in before placing any order.
you as a single item buyer aren’t high in their priority list. You will never be sure wether you are getting exactly what you think you’ve ordered Which is something you should be very cautious of if your using it for treatments on customers. Postage costs are really high too and there’s many orders that don’t arrive and sellers then get removed form alibaba so you can’t contact them. Then there’s returns policy - usually non existent or not feasible to return if you have any problems with the machine.
Best of luck
Thank you, I will bear that in mind
I think I’ve decided against buying it from China, so I am trying to source a UK supplier

Heya,

I've posted on a similar topic quite recently. I'll copy and paste that below for your perusal.

I notice that you mentioned that you are an eyelash technician. I'm unsure of the credentials for insurance on this service, but I would imagine that would require a level 2 in beauty therapy?

Regarding the hydradermabrasion machine, from all of the insurers I've spoken to, they require a pre-requisite of a level 3 in Electrical facials for microdermabrasion (which is fundamentally what this service is).

I personally would air on the side of caution and have a good talk with your insurer. If you are unsure, send them the link to one of these courses and see if they will accept it first before spending the money and attending.

Many of these training academy's offer a certificate afterwards, but this means little if your insurer won't provide coverage for the training you've received.

Pasting the comment on a similar post below:

''Hydrafacial seem to have cornered the market on hydrodermabrasion. I imagine like CACI is synonymous with micro current, that if you don't buy into this name you most likely won't bring people off of the street just to try it as those names tend to draw people in...clever buggers!

I've never had a treatment or used one of these devices. I've done microdermabrasion, but I find that I never really reach for it. Who is it best for? For rough texture, dry and dull skin, surface hyperpigmentation. It gives clients an immediate glow, refined skin texture and is also a nice way to loosen up milia in between chemical peels if that's something your tackling.

I think the attractive thing about hydrodermabrasion is that they appear to be an even gentler form of microdermabrasion, making them even more suitable for more sensitive and stimulated skin conditions.

The nice thing is if you find a hydradermabrasion machine, I imagine with them being more gentle you can work that into a lot of facials, maybe making that a unique selling point as I imagine like yourself ( I included), many can't/don't want to invest into a hydrafacial branded machine.

I always look at the device/technology when I'm considering to buy a new device and as ask myself a few questions.
"Am I paying for the name?" "Will this bring in new business?" "Is this something my existing clients are demanding or am I just curious to try it?" "Will I use this device enough to make it worth the investment?" "Can I get similar results in my treatments without it?" "Is there a hole in my treatment menu/demographic I serve that this would fill?" "Could I purchase a more budget-friendly model/option and see how I get on?".

I found these online. A lot of these are from aesthetic distributors that I recognise and would happily do business with myself (bio-therapeutic, Koreesa, Magroup). Most of them you need to request a trade account to gain the prices of the devices. Some of the pricier devices may offer payment plans if needed. If you are ever unsure just find the make of the device and put it into google as "___ UK distributor" as this can save some money if you buy direct from the manufacturer. Many of them however have usually chosen a UK distributor, in this case they will direct you towards them as the distributors usually have a sales, training and aftercare team...you can see why they prefer to pass this on to a distributor!

It goes without saying that you should only buy from a reputable supplier (not eBay, alibaba) as you would want a warranty on the product and help if something breaks or malfunctions.

With it being a generally slower season, they may be able to work out certain marked down price to get some sales in.''

https://zemits.co.uk/product/zemits...gzqKN9TAvobXGnQnqIKbKG5sxMR2DnOhoCnkEQAvD_BwE
https://www.3d-lipo.co.uk/our-equipment/facial-devices/3d-hydro2/
https://renepro.co.uk/product/facial-machines/
https://www.bio-therapeutic.com/product/bio-brasion-trinity/
https://www.magroup.co.uk/shop/devices/aquasure-h2-machine
https://jetpeel.com/jetpeel/
https://www.shopkoreesa.co.uk/machines/cell-ultimate
https://uk2.baldangroup.com/aqua-3-facial-treatment-system/

I don’t have much experience within the beauty industry as of yet,

Who would you recommend for accredited training to achieve the level 3 in Electrical facials?

thank you so much for all the information! I will take a look at the distributors and I will definitely not be buying from the China suppliers after the response I have received!

I am just starting off, I’m working full time for the next year, so it’s been abit of a challenge to get the courses started, especially with lockdown

I wish to introduce various facial treatments as well as microblading and some PMU treatments, I have no idea where to begin though! What would you advise ?

Best of luck

thank you for your advice , will definitely bear that in mind!

A good starter for you would be to do an accredited facial course, and learn the basics about consultation, skin analysis, cleansers, toners , moisturisers and facial massage and mask making. If you look into "Gateway Workshops" their facial course for beginners could be the right start if college is not an option for you.

At college you would have a really excellent chance of learning, and then you could progress onto level 3 which would cover facial electrics. Then you'd have experience in a branded electrical supplier, that you would become familiar with.

Without this underpinning knowledge you may feel that your knowledge is lacking and maybe could knock your confidence.
What are the various treatments you mention?
Have you thought of doing some market research with your existing clients to see if they are interested in signing up for your new venture? I got my clients on board when I thought about creating my Advanced facial menu. I do galvanic, microcurrent and plenty of facial massage.
The latter is always popular and costs very little to perform. If done well it becomes a memorable experience for your clients. Hands are excellent tools and it's worth remembering that no machine can do what our hands can do.

Waxing is also very lucrative , so look into that too.
Thank you ! I am fairly new to the industry so I am not really familiar with training providers etc so that is really helpful !

I offer eyebrow lamination, henna brows, lash lift and tint, as well as eyelash extensions of course. But by the end of the year I will be HCPC registered so i May be able to get insured to do some advanced facials courses , but I will definitely book in for the gateway courses as I am a beginner !

what was the response you received when you started the advanced facial menu ? I would love to go into that! I will find out what my clients think about it

my mum trained in waxing but I am struggling to find her clients, what would you advise ?

With eyelashes it is quite easy as they are in demand and you get regulars through Instagram mainly

Thank you ! I am fairly new to the industry so I am not really familiar with training providers etc so that is really helpful !

I offer eyebrow lamination, henna brows, lash lift and tint, as well as eyelash extensions of course. But by the end of the year I will be HCPC registered so i May be able to get insured to do some advanced facials courses , but I will definitely book in for the gateway courses as I am a beginner !

what was the response you received when you started the advanced facial menu ? I would love to go into that! I will find out what my clients think about it

my mum trained in waxing but I am struggling to find her clients, what would you advise ?

With eyelashes it is quite easy as they are in demand and you get regulars through Instagram mainly

Hi there,

Due to the market research I did before introducing my advanced facials, it gave me the chance so see which of my clients would say yes. I didn't want to pay a great load of money out into purchasing an electrical machine unless I had several interested clients. I am not a risk taker...never have been so I was ultra cautious before taking the plunge.

Your " Advanced facials " could be different to mine. Mine are electrical facials, whereas yours could be microneedling or other more invasive treatment.

My waxing clients came by word of mouth, but they all started way before laser was around. However I do still wax a few clients but most are eyebrow/lip ladies these days with just the odd leg ,bikini and underarm waxes. For the cost and time per service it is a good earner.

I don't do intimate waxing but the geeks on this forum that have excelled at this technique say that clients are very loyal and will never leave a good therapist if they feel comfortable with them. I never wanted to do this added service...it was not for me. Would that be a good way to go with your mum's wax? I am sure there would be a solid recommendation by clients if they were really satisfied with the treatment. It may take a while, but you never know.

Don't underestimate just how beautiful a really nice facial and scalp massage is. All the technical gadgets in the world can't replace a hands on facial, but what or where you decide to start is really up to you.

Best of luck

It's a bit suspicious. I wouldn't buy such a thing from China

I recommend caution when purchasing any beauty equipment from overseas suppliers. While the prices may be tempting, it's essential to consider the potential risks involved, such as receiving a low-quality or counterfeit product. There may also be concerns regarding warranty, repairs, and safety regulations. It's always best to do thorough research and ask for recommendations from trusted sources before purchasing. Have you considered reaching out to other professionals in the beauty industry, like lipo shots NYC, for their input on buying from abroad? Good luck with your search!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back