Hynotherapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know it's not nail related but, I was considering having some hynotherapy and wondered if any of you had tried it and what you thought of it!!

plaoh said:
Hi everyone,

I know it's not nail related but, I was considering having some hynotherapy and wondered if any of you had tried it and what you thought of it!!
I've had hypnotherapy: how successful depends on the person. For example, my hubby went under really really easily but it was a nightmare with me coz i'm such a cynic and spent the whole time thinking "well, when's it gonna happen" so consequently didnt at first.

I went 3 times to try to resolve my weight issues and like Carole spent the whole time thinking 'it will happen in a minute.....' but it didn't, despite really really wanting it too!

The only thing that came out lighter was my purse, at £35 a session, it wasn't cheap either :(

That said there is a guy local to me who guarantee's to stop you smoking (if that's what you want to do) - he must reckon he's good to offer a guarantee :rolleyes:

Trinity Nails said:
I went 3 times to try to resolve my weight issues and like Carole spent the whole time thinking 'it will happen in a minute.....' but it didn't, despite really really wanting it too!

The only thing that came out lighter was my purse, at £35 a session, it wasn't cheap either :(

That said there is a guy local to me who guarantee's to stop you smoking (if that's what you want to do) - he must reckon he's good to offer a guarantee :rolleyes:
Sometimes i think that that's exactly the problem: we're trying too hard coz we want it sooooo badly! I'd love to see how the guy he guarantee's stopping smoking would manage with you and me!!!

It worked for me with smoking - last cig 3 weeks ago...not looked back since. like anything though it depends on the skill of the therapist and YOU....

you must truly desire the help you are seeking for this to work

Ive had hypnotherapy in the past and really its just a very deep form of relaxation (you dont go into a trance, this only happens to a very small number of people).
Its like any alternative therapy if you believe in it, it normally works ;)

I just LOVE listening to Paul McKenna's tapes/CD's...... a few years back I used one to help me sleep better - his voice is SO relaxing. I've just bought his slimming CD so hopefully that will be as effective as I found the other one.

Years ago I went to a local hypnotherapist and it was just a relaxing experience, I honestly didn't feel any other benefits from it.

Now I would LOVE to take part in some 'past-life regression' - I find it fascinating................ anyone here tried that?

Fab Freak said:
you must truly desire the help you are seeking for this to work

Oh believe me I don't want to be fat anymore :evil:

I had the Paul McKenna Give Up Smoking tapes years back - that managed to put me to sleep/hypnotise me - all I remember was his voice coming from all around me, then 45 minutes later him telling me to wake up - 1st thing I did was light up a fag BUT I had to put it out 3 times as I couldn't smoke it :lol:

But it never quite worked again after that - tried the Slim Now to - I listened to that tape every night before I went to sleep - did all the visualisation - zilch!!

I've even thought of emailing him directly and challenging him :o

Thank you for all your comments and thoughts.

I too have tried Paul Mckenna's Slim Now and it did work for me, however, I don't believe that I stuck with the cd for long enough and sure enough over a couple of weeks I slowly slipped back into my old eating habits. :rolleyes:

I've just had my second session this afternoon and the guy I'm seeing did state that if it's weight loss, then you are looking at between 6 and 8 sessions.Thankfully mine will not take that long (don't think my purse could cope with 8 sessions!!! at 60.00 ago :lol: )

I'll keep you all posted and let you know if it's helped.

plaoh said:
Thank you for all your comments and thoughts.

I too have tried Paul Mckenna's Slim Now and it did work for me, however, I don't believe that I stuck with the cd for long enough and sure enough over a couple of weeks I slowly slipped back into my old eating habits. :rolleyes:

I've just had my second session this afternoon and the guy I'm seeing did state that if it's weight loss, then you are looking at between 6 and 8 sessions.Thankfully mine will not take that long (don't think my purse could cope with 8 sessions!!! at 60.00 ago :lol: )

I'll keep you all posted and let you know if it's helped.
Best of luck to you, hunny. If you want it, go and get it!!!! The extortion should be conducive to your losing weight!!!:eek:

I went to see a bloke in Norfolk who reckoned after 1 session of an hour I would never smoke again!!!!!
Ha ha ha ha ha must've seen me coming!
£300 quid later and smoking more now than I did before!!!!!!!
Back to the patches for me...................eventually!!!!!!

Debz xx

SO FAR IT HAS WORKED. :D :D :D

Well for me it has. I had four sessions at £60.00 a go ( and that wasn't the most expensive!!!!!!! ;) ), but it is the best £240 quid I've ever spent and has made such a difference to me and my family.

I went originally to see him about confidence. Strange really when I can go to a complete strangers house and do there nails but struggle walking to the shops because of my size!! :o :o Anyway after the first two sessions he changed it to helping with anxiety and I haven't looked back.

I'm 5ft 11 but a size 20 so approx 4 stone overweight, and very aware of my apple shape. I would never walk my children to the shops because of thinking people were looking at me, walked with my head down but it has all changed. My husband has been off these last two weeks and we have been out non stop with the children, I'm even going to start swimming with the children.

Probably sounds silly to alot of you, but this has been such a wonderful thing for me and my husband and children have also been taken aback by the "new me". Although this never got in the way of going mobile I have found that my confidence has soared and these last two weeks have produced the best nails ever.

I'm going to go now before you are all sick ;) but I just thought I'd give you an update. It's strange what hang ups we all have. Not even my sister knew how awful I felt in certain situations, she just thought I couldn't be bothered to go out.

Hope you all have a great Bank Holiday.

i know people who smoked a LOT - 40+ a day, and they have ALL quit smoking by hypnotherepy. The place they went to offered a guarantee - if they smoked within 1 year they got a full refund. They are all at various stages but the longest one has stopped for about 8 months now. I'm def going to give it a whirl. One of them is a good client of mine and her subconscious now tells her to eat an apple in place of a ciggie - she cut her apple habit down to about 10 a day now! The answer i think, is you have got to want to give up

Well done, Louise! It's great when we actually see a reward for our money when it's spent on something like this.

I have to share my own little success here - I listened to one of the Paul McKenna CD's - Craving Buster, and it works! I could never go a day without a bar of chocolate, sometimes more, but after listening to this CD I have gone 2 weeks without chocolate and not really had any bad cravings for it. It works on any food you want to 'give up' or cut down on - I am SO surprised it worked for me.

Just have to cut out the McDonald's McFlurries now!! :o

plaoh said:
SO FAR IT HAS WORKED. :D :D :D

Well for me it has. I had four sessions at £60.00 a go ( and that wasn't the most expensive!!!!!!! ;) ), but it is the best £240 quid I've ever spent and has made such a difference to me and my family.

I went originally to see him about confidence. Strange really when I can go to a complete strangers house and do there nails but struggle walking to the shops because of my size!! :o :o Anyway after the first two sessions he changed it to helping with anxiety and I haven't looked back.

I'm 5ft 11 but a size 20 so approx 4 stone overweight, and very aware of my apple shape. I would never walk my children to the shops because of thinking people were looking at me, walked with my head down but it has all changed. My husband has been off these last two weeks and we have been out non stop with the children, I'm even going to start swimming with the children.

Probably sounds silly to alot of you, but this has been such a wonderful thing for me and my husband and children have also been taken aback by the "new me". Although this never got in the way of going mobile I have found that my confidence has soared and these last two weeks have produced the best nails ever.

I'm going to go now before you are all sick ;) but I just thought I'd give you an update. It's strange what hang ups we all have. Not even my sister knew how awful I felt in certain situations, she just thought I couldn't be bothered to go out.

Hope you all have a great Bank Holiday.
Well done you and dont say things like "before you are all sick" coz we are all behind you and wanna know how you are doing. Keep updating us hun and may you get stronger and stronger (and your nails!!).

Latest posts

Back