Hypnobirthing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabellamae

Reaction score
Hi all I just wondered if any of you have any thoughts and experiences on Hypnobirthing?

I'm on baby no3 and thinking about it for this one and just wondered if anyone else had tried it?

My two labours were polar opposites and I don't tend to plan anything because I always said what will happen will happen, but the thought of Hypnobirthing really appeals to me xx

I went on a hypnobirthing class and practiced everyday. But when I went into labour I didn't do any of it! I found it too painful to try and breath through. I find it very hard to relax though. I really enjoyed the class. It's worth doing x

My Hubby is a qualified Hypnotherapist and really helped me with labour. The midwife said I was one of the calmest mums she'd seen. I think if you really practice the techniques, it can be very helpful.

That being said, I still had an epidural towards the end as I was pretty shattered. (Induced at 42 weeks)

I went on a hypnobirthing class and practiced everyday. But when I went into labour I didn't do any of it! I found it too painful to try and breath through. I find it very hard to relax though. I really enjoyed the class. It's worth doing x

This is what I thought I'd end up doing [emoji23] xx

My Hubby is a qualified Hypnotherapist and really helped me with labour. The midwife said I was one of the calmest mums she'd seen. I think if you really practice the techniques, it can be very helpful.

That being said, I still had an epidural towards the end as I was pretty shattered. (Induced at 42 weeks)

That makes me hopeful xx

I love hypnobirthing!!! Oh my gosh it was a life saver for me. Although I still felt some pain I was so detached from it and calm in my mind even tho it was chaos everywhere else. Highly recommend you read Hypnobirthing-The Mongan Method. It was so amazing I read it in a week and it confirmed it was the right choice for me. So maybe give it a read and see what you think! How many weeks are you? Hope it all goes well! Xxxx

Awww I will have a look!! I'm 21 weeks atm so I have lots of time to prepare myself!!

I was so calm with my second and wandered in the hospital thinking I might be in labour and I was 7cm!!! ( it could have been a less painful labour than my first I'm not sure!?)

I had no drugs and everything was calm - until - the midwife insisted I walk about to move things along - I delivered stood up begging my husband to help me as the midwife was on the other side of the room telling me it wasn't coming - I had the baby whilst shouting and screaming for help and I totally lost control!

I think it's totally understandable how I reacted but I just wish it had been calmer all the way until the end so that's my hope for this time to try and be better prepared for when things may seem out of my control!! Xx

Ah Hun such a shame when the midwives don't listen [emoji30] you should start now, you need 12 + weeks to prep! Well you could do it in less time but always best to be prepared! I used the CDs every day for the last 20 weeks, but you can do classes too. It's lovely because hubby can get involved too...they teach you to choose a joint trigger like kissing your forehead or holding your hand a certain way to trigger you into self-hypnosis. It gives the men something to do bless them. It will defo work for you as you are already set in your mind that you want to be in control and calm [emoji4][emoji4] xxxx

Awww thank you for your reply - it all sounds great xx

Latest posts

Back