Hypoallergenic wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tingle

Reaction score
Hello

I was reading another thread and saw that one of the waxes mentioned was hypoallergenic.

I have a friend who is allergic to strip wax but not to hot wax (the ones you have to put on with the figure of eight style )

What does the hypoallergenic wax not have in it? What could it be that is causing her to react to the strip wax but not the hard wax???

She says that she is allergic to products that contain citric acid but I didnt think that this was in wax anyway.

Just thought I would ask as I didnt realise some waxes were classed as hypoallergenic.

Thanks for any help

Lisa

It might not be an allergy to the wax your friend has but more the fact that strip wax even if there is oil under it can tug at the skin which if you have sensitive / thin skin can cause some nasty reactions.

non strip wax is more gentle and doesn't stick to the skin so doesn't tend to have the same problems associated with it!

You could try the hypoallergenic strip wax but I would say it's just her skin doesn't like getting pulled at.

There are sooooo many good non strip waxes that don't need that bloody awful figure of eight technique you should give them a try xxx

Probably the Rosin.

Perron Rigot have a hot wax that will suit her. It's called Cristalene. You use it in exactly the same way as the others and cand be used on legs etc. Good luck.

By the way, their strip wax that is hypoallergenic is Cristal Ocean. xxx

Hello

I was reading another thread and saw that one of the waxes mentioned was hypoallergenic.

I have a friend who is allergic to strip wax but not to hot wax (the ones you have to put on with the figure of eight style )

What does the hypoallergenic wax not have in it? What could it be that is causing her to react to the strip wax but not the hard wax???

She says that she is allergic to products that contain citric acid but I didnt think that this was in wax anyway.

Just thought I would ask as I didnt realise some waxes were classed as hypoallergenic.

Thanks for any help

Lisa

Is your friend allergic to sticking plaster? If so, she is probably allergic to colophony which is derived from pine resin and found in a variety of products including sticking plaster and many waxes.

How about trying strip sugar?

Thanks for your replies.

I will ask if she is allergic to the sticking plasters!

I thought it was my technique etc at first but it happened almost as soon as I put the wax on.

I have looked at some of the sugar waxes and the ones i found had citric acid in which she knows she is allergic to.

I was just curious at what could cause the reaction. She seems to be very sensitive to things as she came up in a reaction to a patch test for eyelash tinting quite violently as well. Strangely enough her twin sister does not have the same sensitivity.

Thanks for your help it has helped a lot.

Lisa

Hi:) the main reason many people with sensitive skin find they have a reaction to strip wax and not hot wax is because strip wax actually adheres to the skin so there is direct contact whereas hot wax doesnt adhere to the skin it adheres to the hair and actually sort of floats just above the skin so there is minimal contact and less chance of a reaction.

In the Perron Rigot range the Pure (non-strip) wax is also rosin-free, it is also formulated to minimize allergy risk. If you use a roller wax the Cristal Ice is the roller equivalent of Cristal Ocean (no idea why the different names).

Mat

Latest posts

Back