I’m just here to vent!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatieL3321

Reaction score
It’s recently come to my attention that there is another girl local to me that is newly qualified in lashes and nails has been working all throughout lockdown from home and doing at a heavily reduced price. She’s been advertising all over social media that she’s working “but no need to worry, she’s wearing a mask”. Some of my own customers have even gone to her but rebooked with me when I reopen. It’s just so disheartening to see as so many people are in the same position but haven’t broken lockdown because it’s currently illegal in Wales and comes with a hefty £1000 fine. I just wanted to come on here to vent because it’s so frustrating!

I’m not sure where to report her to? Do you have any info?

I’m not sure where to report her to? Do you have any info?

You can report a business at the gov website. I just googled report a business covid19 and it came up, I’ve had to report a cafe in my town for flouting the rules a little while ago, I think something was done about it because they soon stopped what they were doing xx

Thank you! Xx

I’d be phoning the police, there is a reason we are all off work over the country. She’s a petty criminal and so are the clients, simple as that.

I’d not be seeing any of the ones that had been going to her so they can’t infect anyone in my establishment too if I felt like it...hint haha

Report her! I reported a clothes shop that was open throughout lockdown x

Report her! I reported a clothes shop that was open throughout lockdown x

Unless they were naked I can’t see how that’s essential!:D

Report to Local council

She sounds like part of the problem along with the folk that go to large parties and raves, because they’re not worried for themselves so care even less for anyone else.

You don’t have to treat her if you feel her actions are adding to your risk. Put your own health first.

Yes I had a lady like that on Saturday and I was upset all day over her attitude. I still haven’t caught up (she unstrung and muddled up my colour fade nail pops) It’s worse if it’s a friend of course.

try and remember that we are dealing with an extraordinary event and everyone is processing in different ways. Some people are in denial because they just can’t understand and cope with the enormity of the situation.

I just say, “I can’t risk being closed down”. Most people respect that this is your livelihood.

I’ve also explained to clients (trying to persuade me to book them in for illegal treatments) that the risks are different if you are doing the work. 99% protection means a 1% chance of catching something. That’s brilliant odds for a client visiting 12 times in a year. However, if you see 100 people a week as I do (usually) or even a month a 1% risk isn’t economically practical. We need to move the decibel point to 1/1000 or even 1/10,000

I need to vent now!!!So, I’ve just had a client in for some beauty treatments and I’m SO disappointed in her She’s also a friend which makes it worse...but basically she’s received all my safety guidelines etc and turned up without a mask (which isn’t a major problem as I have them for clients who forget), but she didn’t forget, she just didn’t bother. She was really lovely as usual, but complete unconcerned about COVID and the spread of it and whilst she wore the mask I gave her, fiddled constantly with it throughout the treatment (negating the safety of it!) and thought my procedures were ridiculous and over the top when I was doing them. I’m saddened really as all I am doing is upholding the safety precautions we as Beauty Therapists in such close contact need to put in place in order to keep us all safe!
Rant over!!

you let her in????? Why??

Don't re-book her

I haven't slept all weekend knowing of the "professional therapists" that haven't been following the rules. We've all got bills to pay and mouths to feed, nobody is in more dire straights after not working for over 20 weeks, we're all in the same boat.

That lovely therapist that might be a mate/acquaintance/ has a hobby in doing beauty stuff / above all takes payments only in cash, a sneaky fiver that has caved in for you to do a treatment on the face like eyelashes and getting rid of your delightful mono brow has been breaking the rules that ALL professional therapists have been following!!!

I'm more irritated that there isn't anywhere to really report every so called therapist, they let the side down massively. Call the police on getting them just a measly fine. (i don't want to waste police time) They now post up on Instagram like oh new treatment on freshly red eyebrows or hide the social media so noone twigs on. But people talk and they know that person found them on the "black market".

I'm making a honest living followed the rules, made my salon covid safe, got enhanced cleaning, the ppe, risk assessments, cleaning logs. Put additional things in place as per government guidelines, like staggered appointments, nhs track and trace, updated everything possible, went on additional training. Yet these inept "therapist" think its alright to just give a spraytan then show the glowy mist on the FACE which the guidelines on nhbf states do not do it. Fresh set of lashes- still not allowed to do it love!

Honestly in such a uncertain times, many people have lost their jobs, people need to survive have put the prices up- I get that and each to their own. I'm very cautious and mindful to following the rules to protect everyone around me. (i've had members of family/ friends pass away from covid that made me anxious on coming back to work plus im BAME) We all might not had someone be affected by this pandemic, but to me we all been through it together. I'm not the mask police on these "therapist" trying to make a quick buck, i'm just really disappointed; I had so many people to rearrange last week and today and hearing oh someone fitted them in instead made my blood boil. I really hope our industry gets regulated now to weed out the money grabbing opportunist, lowering our professional standards.

Sorry i need to vent this out as its come to my attention just how many people are doing this undercover on the sly, please just say NO, Wait like the rest of us, instead we get punished by your foolish profiteering ways. Meh :mad: (evil death stare lol)

Latest posts

Back