I always say practice..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellyc

Reaction score
makes perfect..but i am at the point of giving up. I have always had a problem with my smile lines and i know i am not the only person that struggles with them however i have tried every thing to get them looking even a little ok and had great advice from geeg, i thought i cracked it last time i did my own but i did mine again on friday nite and im not just saying this they look terrible i am very embarrased to make it worse i did my friends and she even said to me they didnt look the best probbaly not quite as politely, and i appreciated her honesty!! (i think lol) anyway ive read the tutorials and every thing else but i cant seem to grasp it, ive enquired about 121 training but it seems that i can only do that if ive trained with that company, does anyone know where i can get some help to conquer this because i really feel its ruining what chance i might have of getting a cleintele. I either need a 121 day training or someone to physically show me how they do it, im struggling with both systems gel and L&P even though im more concerned about my gel system. Can anyone suggest anywhere that can help me. Sorry to ramble on, thanks x x x

Kellyc said:
makes perfect..but i am at the point of giving up. I have always had a problem with my smile lines and i know i am not the only person that struggles with them however i have tried every thing to get them looking even a little ok and had great advice from geeg, i thought i cracked it last time i did my own but i did mine again on friday nite and im not just saying this they look terrible i am very embarrased to make it worse i did my friends and she even said to me they didnt look the best probbaly not quite as politely, and i appreciated her honesty!! (i think lol) anyway ive read the tutorials and every thing else but i cant seem to grasp it, ive enquired about 121 training but it seems that i can only do that if ive trained with that company, does anyone know where i can get some help to conquer this because i really feel its ruining what chance i might have of getting a cleintele. I either need a 121 day training or someone to physically show me how they do it, im struggling with both systems gel and L&P even though im more concerned about my gel system. Can anyone suggest anywhere that can help me. Sorry to ramble on, thanks x x x
Hiya,
Who did you train with origionaly, couldnt you go to them for a 1-2-1, i do know of a trainer that could help, but she is in Hull, she has a training centre and NVQ centre and teachers all aspects of nails. You dont have to have done a foundation or conversion course with her, you will only need to be able to prove that you have done a foundation course etc..............i do know that she does 1-2-1...........i know this probably will not help you but i will keep my ears to the ground if i hear of anything.
Amanda

Kellyc said:
Kells, hunny, i think you're trying too hard. Leave it be for a couple of weeks until the Essex meeting and we'll all put our heads together and see what we can do to help you. One of us (although not me coz i've very little experience at smile lines either) will be able to do a 121 with you - maybe one of the more experienced technicians. What are you like at painting french manicure coz the other option is to hang in there and give the More than White a go. Like i said dont get too disheartened (i do understand coz i've been having a bit of a crisis of confidence too recently!) and we'll talk!

Aww Kelly- don't be so hard on yourself! And don't give up! :D

Have you checked out GMG's tutorial section? It is AWESOME! Also CND makes a "Winning Nails Video" regarding L&P forever french- very helpful! CND also has their new video with the Brisa Gel products- it's amazing! (There is a "White Gel Paint" that applies like enamel- very easy to create happy smile lines!)

When I practice, I use a plastic tip, applied with adhesive to an orangewood stick (to hold it)- and practice my smile lines over and over and over.....

Keep trying- I bet all of our 'smiles' were funky when we started! :lol:

Good luck!

Hi Lily, thank you if you can give me the details of the trainer i would be soooo grateful, i had a bad experience with my training and so dont want to use the same company to ask for advice as they werent much good in the beginning.

Carole, i cant do the normal french manicure neither i find it harder to paint a smile line with nail polish as ive tried that loads, thats why i think im getting so downhearted on it all.

Thanks guys for your advice but i definately think im going to need some 1-2-1 training on this even just to boost my confidence as i really feel people can feel it in me when i do their nails and if i havent got the confidence i cant expect my clients too either x x x xx

Hi kell i still have probs with my smile line like u wanted 2 give up but never kept going it does take time and practice and PATIENCE do what carole said and show the other techs at the essex meeting what u r doing it could be one simple thing that u r doing wrong that they can put right best of luck

Smile lines ahh bless the little beggars....................
Doing your own nails is always harder then a clients.................
The viewing and working angle is slighty off centre..........
Most Techs also have a side they favour as in.....working the white towards the right first then the left aso................
Not sitting directly infront of the nail, visual centre.......
Put these 2 together and you can end up with a wonky line, one that goes higher on one side then on the other...........................

So a little tip................ Pratice on a tip, not on yourself....draw a line on the back of the tip and overlay from the front, the line will give you a guide, use this till you get used to guiding product to where it should be.............Make sure it is in the middle of your viewing and working angle............and start with the not so favoured side first.............Like me, I favour the right side............and my nails changed when I started with guiding the white towards the left and then to the right............
Just a little tip xxxx

Where can I get the CND Video "Winning nails"? I`m living in Germany, the CND distributor here has no Video from CND........ :|
I would like to buy it.....

Diana

smiles are i think the most difficult thing to master Kelly, mine are still by no means perfect. The best thing to do as Ruth said is practise on some tips. Try doing what i call virtually flat smiles then just gradually get a little more curve in them. I know myself that sometimes we try too hard at something and it just keeps getting worse. Do something else for a change then go back to smiles.

I've got tips on sticks in my kit so when you come over on the 3rd for the geek meeting i will let you have them to practise on, then we can have a smile evening to see how everyone does it, that way you won't feel like you are being watched by everyone.

Don't give up Kells, i'm here if you need more help, you are always welcome to come over and practise with me, i never practise my smiles enough. We could have a girlie smile evening...lol.:lol:

Oh Kelly, don`t give up, we`ve all been there believe me.
I had an artist friend (of all people) help me sort out smile lines, she noticed I worked on a slant therefore creating slanted smile lines. I now make an effort to sit head on with my clients and I`ve improved.
I`ll spend some time with you and sort you out if I can, just PM or ring me and we`ll sort something out, but just you sort that head out cos you ain`t giving up

aaaaah thanks guys for your support just been feeling very down recently with other stuff so when i did my nails and saw how crap they were i felt really sorry for myself! will definately need to practice and Lisa Smith has kindly pm'd me offering her help which has already given me a boost so thanks guys and believe me your offers will be taken up so watch out at the next meeting i will be nagging at you too show me your method of smile lines! x x x x x

Hey Kells, have a look at the latest post by Wendy - she's dedicated the Essex meeting to smile lines, just for you ;) . Its coz we luv ya!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back