I am amazing at painting nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fairydust

Reaction score
We all live and breath nails, this is beyond a job its a Passion, I never stop thinking about nails. Even on holiday I'm picking up glitters ect. I still worry, I still criticise myself, I book myself stupid and constantly strive to be better. I love my job, its a part off who I am, so I want to know what is the one thing that you truly believe u are not just good but great at??? Mine is polishing. I still Suprise myself sometimes I think oh they look really professional! Ha ha. What is yours? Is it blending tips? Smiles lines? Tell me I want to know!

Good for you!

The only thing I have confidence to say I'm great at right now, is not thinking I'm great enough! lol. Hopefully this will improve with time.

At the moment the only thing I'm good at is doubting myself! I don't think that's the kind of answer you are looking for but I'm in a doubtful mood and saw the thread :)

*I have that type of humour/personality*

Good for you!

The only thing I have confidence to say I'm great at right now, is not thinking I'm great enough! lol. Hopefully this will improve with time.

Everyone has a strength hunni, it's not all weaknesses x

At the moment the only thing I'm good at is doubting myself! I don't think that's the kind of answer you are looking for but I'm in a doubtful mood and saw the thread :)

*I have that type of humour/personality*

My last comment applies to you too x

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear this thread doesnt seem to be going the way the op hoped lol.
Confidence can take a while girlies-we all get there eventually :)
I feel I can really do a great set of eyelashes and have got to the point that when I am done I sit back and think 'god they are fab' every time now!
xx

I lack confidence with my nails, I always pick fault with my work. Even when people are really happy with what I have done. Maybe when I've been doing it a few years maybe I will have more confidence, but I do feel if I can see my faults because it will keep me on my toes and do my best to improve each time. On a positive note I am good at Reiki Healing and Indian Head Massages.

Everyone has a strength hunni, it's not all weaknesses x

Thank you for your sweet comment xx

Oh dear this thread doesnt seem to be going the way the op hoped lol.
Confidence can take a while girlies-we all get there eventually :)

yeah you're right- sorry OP!!

Let's try again. I get quite a few heartening comments on my own nails when I'm out and about so. . . I think I'm pretty good at nail art and designing nails that match my outfits. I do konad stamping, water marbling, freehand designs and love shiny things- so glitter, and sparkle too xx

I am great at doing a colour shellac manicure.

My french is improving every day.

My brisa enhancements are really coming on.

I'm struggling with L+P but am addressing it by sighning up for more education.

I could also do with some more practise with my Polish painting...i have been spoilt with the ease of shellac.

I think I'm brilliant at doing very random nail art that clients find on the Internet! I have one lady who seems to find me the strangest pictures of nails then come in and says do you think you can do this! Always up for a challenge so this Easter she had little chicks on them. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1314400077.961287.jpg

Shelley, those are SOSOSOSOSOOO CUTE!!!!!

I think im a 10/10 polisher. My Brisa enhancements are like 8/10. My smile lines... I'd say 9/10.

Yay!!!!

This is a great thread :)

I can do a mean French Polish :D
I love my L&P skills, and am I dying to improve these and hopefully move up the ladder with training.

I have been out of it for a while, but the goal is to get re-established and get my driving licence within the next year. I want to get back into training and building a business for myself and my family and I know I have the skills to do it. :D

Pedicures!! I really enjoy doing pedicures, and have been told I give a mean massage. :D

I am living and breathing nails right now. I go to bed at night and I have all sorts of designs, colours and shapes flashing in my minds eye. I just can't turn off lol. I am getting better at charging which is great, my nail art is getting better, I do love nail art and advertising my-self and generally improving every day.:Dxx
Brilliant thread I think we are all so concerned about what we do wrong it's good to know what we're good at.:Dxx

Nail art is defiantly my forte! I'll try anything clients ask me and 9.5 times outa 10 it rocks :)

Giving hand and arm massages. I get compliments on them regularly :)

Every day I do something different that I think 'wow, I guess that's what i'm best at now' but the next day it could be something different! :p. I constantly pick holes in my work, i worry myself stupid that the client will go away and hate her nails/pedi etc but more often than not, they're repeat clients. I suppose the answer to the thread is deep down I haven't really got true confidence in anything I do and I've been in the business now for 6 plus years. :suprised:

I've not got to the point where I'm really confident with anything 'nails' yet, but I know I do a good massage, I can tell because most of my clients end up snoring lol, I love to to be able to lift stress from people like that! A bit of self criticism is good I think as it helps you to continuously strive for improvement, as long as you're not beating yourself round the head every time you slip up!

I am living and breathing nails right now. I go to bed at night and I have all sorts of designs, colours and shapes flashing in my minds eye. I just can't turn off lol. I am getting better at charging which is great, my nail art is getting better, I do love nail art and advertising my-self and generally improving every day.:Dxx
Brilliant thread I think we are all so concerned about what we do wrong it's good to know what we're good at.:Dxx

Well I have news for you I trained when I was 16 and I'm almost 31 now and have been doing this job ever since and still can't switch off! It's an obsession!

See were all great at something! And the one thing were all good at is listening to everybody's problems! Oh and I also know who's having an affair with our postman!

Latest posts

Back