I am going to lose my grant because of Sweet Squared

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has already been said but order and pay for them and when they're in stock they can send them to you. That way you'll have your receipt to show.

Just so you know
I've been studying and saving for over three years, yes, I got a grant but that does not mean I have not work my a*** off to be were I am today.

If I lose my grant, it will be a kick in the face esp coz a company can't get it's stock problem sorted.

It is extremely stressful starting a business when you have put your and your family's life savings on the line.

Hun, firstly be careful because s2 run this site!

You need to take a step back. I know you're upset *hugs*

Why don't you see if you can buy what
You need individually, then approach the people who have provided the grant with a solution, not a problem? They may appreciate your accumen and agree to proceed

S2's recent problems haven't been ideal for anyone- especially s2, remember they are a business too and have suffered a massive loss!

Hope you get it sorted but I really would reconsider your opinion of s2 / you're starting up a new business and they are VERY knowledgable and helpful, they will be a source of support for you- IF you respect them xxx

Sorry if this has already been said but order and pay for them and when they're in stock they can send them to you. That way you'll have your receipt to show.

I'm hope I can do something like this. Thanks for the suggestion.

You need to take a step back. I know you're upset *hugs*

Why don't you see if you can buy what
You need individually, then approach the people who have provided the grant with a solution, not a problem? They may appreciate your accumen and agree to proceed

S2's recent problems haven't been ideal for anyone- especially s2, remember they are a business too and have suffered a massive loss!

Hope you get it sorted but I really would reconsider your opinion of s2 / you're starting up a new business and they are VERY knowledgable and helpful, they will be a source of support for you- IF you respect them xxx

Thanks for the *hugs*, let's see what happens. Coming to terms with the situation.

I've spent so much time and energy selling shellac and vinylux to people, i already had clients for it!

I understand what you mean!
I have been for a grant in the past and i know how strict they are xx
Good luck x

Before you open a business, you should really look in to how much money you need to start up and DOUBLE at least that amount you expected. $1000 (british pounds, us dollars, whatever) really isn't much of anything to start up any business, large or small. You can probably expect to need more than what you thought. In the end, if you don't have the money to start a business, keep saving until you are ready and don't be so reliant on grants (although they are a nice bonus).

It's infuriating when companies are out of stock. There isn't many companies out there that have everything in stock all the time. Usually they offer a good alternative.

Yes when a new brand is launched, every company over sells there brand. This is because its better to be under stocked than having stock collecting dust. And at least you know it's not old stock when it arrives. This is how I run my business- I order stock in as it is needed as idol stock is expensive stock.

Can you pre order a deal from them and get them to invoice you so that you have the paper work for you funding. Well done for getting your funding I know from experience that its not easy to get grants and you have to give them everything but the shirt on your back. I don't yet use S2 products but would like to try it.
Good luck and I hope it goes well. Xx

Thanks for the *hugs*, let's see what happens. Coming to terms with the situation.

I've spent so much time and energy selling shellac and vinylux to people, i already had clients for it!

You've not lost em yet Chica, think positive.

I know the grant obviously is fundamental to you and your business but as someone who had not long invested in cnd shellac I will say this....
I paid for my kit cash but, knowing what I know now, If I didn't fave the money, I would happily put it on a credit card and let it pay its self back as a last resort because shellac sells its self.
I know it's not ideal and not feasible for everyone but it's an option to fulfil your dream if plan a dosent work out. Good luck xxx

I do not see the problem with ordering the products, providing receipts to the grant company, then just waiting for the stock to come back in or as already suggested, order the products in single form instead of kit form.
Yes, I know it's a much better deal to order kits but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.
I know I would prefer to do this than risk missing out on the grant all together, as somethings better than nothing sometimes and we must be grateful for what we can get sometimes.

I have to agree with many other comments, it is not a professional approach to post a post like your original post but I do understand your frustrations, it's just not been handled in the best possible way that's all.

Every company is going to have stock issues and from what I know, S2 is a great company and tries hard to avoid these types of issues but as with anything in life, nothing is always perfect and this includes places like S2.

I think you let your frustrations and fear of losing the grant overtake you and you maybe jumped the gun a tad with posting how you did.

Maybe a stupid suggestion, but have you tried contacting any of the academy+ training centres, to see if they have stock ?

:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would like to clarify the above statement please. Sweet Squared/S2 do not run Salon Geek. This site was set up by Samuel Sweet aka The Geek many years ago way before Sweet Squared was set up.

With regard to the original post of this thread, I do not think it is right or professional to blatantly name bash here. Most suppliers/distributors experience stock issues at times where someone is undoubtably going to be disappointed but I just don't think it is fair to blame them for your grant.

With regard to the original post of this thread, I do not think it is right or professional to blatantly name bash here. Most suppliers/distributors experience stock issues at times where someone is undoubtably going to be disappointed but I just don't think it is fair to blame them for your grant.

Just been reading another thread - s2 have experiencing a lot of supply problems in the past. However, I don't care what's happen before. I am not say any company is perfect - I'm just telling of MY personal experience.

Anyways, love shellac is going to be on sale on the website some point today. But not vinylux. I'm running back and forth from s2 and grant provider. I hope something will work out for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a stupid suggestion, but have you tried contacting any of the academy+ training centres, to see if they have stock ?

:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Part of the grant was to put down what products and items I wanted to buy using the grant money and from where. I don't think I can do this. They are very very strict.

Just been reading another thread - s2 have experiencing a lot of supply problems in the past. However, I don't care what's happen before. I am not say any company is perfect - I'm just telling of MY personal experience.

Anyways, love shellac is going to be on sale on the website some point today. But not vinylux. I'm running back and forth from s2 and grant provider. I hope something will work out for me.

This being said, it does not justify blaming your grant on S2. Instead of name bashing on here, much rather focus on positively trying to sort it out.

Believe me, that there are other reputable companies out there which also experience stock issues. We just don't get to hear about them because somebody has not started a thread about it. This site is predominantly filled with CND users and S2 is frequently referred to because of this.

Min, I hope you get your problems sorted out very very soon.
The stock problems are not S2's fault (when i've ordered they've been great!) but i know thats not much consolation when you are trying to get your business going.

Try some of the things suggested by other geeks (i thought paying for the items now and get S2 to deliver them once they are in stock was a good one, if they can do that for you, I'm sure Mrs Geek can swing it for you :wink2:, she's a good egg)

Keep us updated on how it's going for you x

BTW: I've been known to fly off the handle on the odd occasion, after all we are human, but perhaps editing your first post and removing the "awful" comment as it is a tad unfair.
poop happens in life (I'm not allowed to use the "S" word but you catch my drift) and it's how you deal with it which is the main thing..:Love:

Min, I hope you get your problems sorted out very very soon.
The stock problems are not S2's fault (when i've ordered they've been great!) but i know thats not much consolation when you are trying to get your business going.

Try some of the things suggested by other geeks (i thought paying for the items now and get S2 to deliver them once they are in stock was a good one, if they can do that for you, I'm sure Mrs Geek can swing it for you :wink2:, she's a good egg)

Keep us updated on how it's going for you x

BTW: I've been known to fly off the handle on the odd occasion, after all we are human, but perhaps editing your first post and removing the "awful" comment as it is a tad unfair.
poop happens in life (I'm not allowed to use the "S" word but you catch my drift) and it's how you deal with it which is the main thing..:Love:

Hi

Thank u for your post.
anyways I can finally breath and relax.

I know people on here are saying s2 has great customer service, well it took 3 calls and I left one message (I was not called back after 40mins, so I rang them).

I was told the full salon vinylux package was discontinued and they were taking NO back up orders for it.

I was told to contact cnd in the USA to ask if they could send me the package as s2 had none.

I ask to speak to a manger - I wanted to asked if s2 could ask cnd USA for the package, I thought i was more likely to get a result if they asked!

Here's the twist, the man spoke to the manager and told me the vinylux package will be online for sale around lunch time.

So I had a morning running between s2 and the grant people, only to be told the vinylux package is not discontinued and will be on sale in a few hours.

Last edited:
I can totally understand how frustrated you are because things haven't gone to plan, but when starting a business you should always have a plan B (C and D)! Ideally you should have put on your grant application (subject to availability) and then a plan B.

Luckily in this event, things have worked out for you. However my advice for future would be to always have a plan B. On this occasion I really think you should have been mad at yourself rather than S2. If you are relying on this grant and only gave yourself a plan A, you should have done thorough research on the products/availability beforehand.

Anyway it's done now and you will get what you require for your grant, thanks to S2! Good luck x

I received a £5000 grant a couple of years ago for a new business that I started so do understand the process. It's long, drawn out and hard work. However I also found that they did want to give you the money. We had a situation where we suddenly needed to change a product that we had selected to be funded. They were very understanding and instead of a colour printer allowed us to purchase a new computer instead.

We had upto a year to purchase the equipment we wanted and once we'd bought it we submitted receipts to claim the money back. Take a deep breath, give the grant office a ring and see what alternatives they can offer you. Good luck! (it might also help you to know that unspent funds on some grants have to be paid back not by you but by the grant giver and this costs them lots of money! If this is the case, as it was with our grant, they will be very keen to help you sort it out!)

I received a £5000 grant a couple of years ago for a new business that I started so do understand the process. It's long, drawn out and hard work. However I also found that they did want to give you the money. We had a situation where we suddenly needed to change a product that we had selected to be funded. They were very understanding and instead of a colour printer allowed us to purchase a new computer instead.

We had upto a year to purchase the equipment we wanted and once we'd bought it we submitted receipts to claim the money back. Take a deep breath, give the grant office a ring and see what alternatives they can offer you. Good luck! (it might also help you to know that unspent funds on some grants have to be paid back not by you but by the grant giver and this costs them lots of money! If this is the case, as it was with our grant, they will be very keen to help you sort it out!)

Wow, well done
You must have work so hard for that. Mine was for just under £1000 and it took 3 forms (1 of these forms took nearly a day to complete), a detailed business plan and 2 interviews to get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back