I am going to lose my grant because of Sweet Squared

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Min

Reaction score
hi

im so sad - going to rant!

i applied for a grant to start my business - i got it, was over the moon.

for the grant i had to put down what items i wanna to buy with the money and i put do the love shellac package and the vinylux salon wall package.

cut a long story short - if i don't buy these products i will lose the grant - sweet square is out of love shallac and the vinylux salon wall package has been taken off the site.

what am i going to go? ive spoken to the people who offer the grant and coz they have many people wanting help, i will get nothing if i cant get the receipts to them asap.

i feel angry, if i asked for different items from a better company, i could have got keep my grant. Now, i have to pay it back and lose the money coz of sweet squared. what am awful company!

Are you able to ask sweetsquared of they have an alternative. Also I would be tempted to get the people that give you the grant to talk to sweetsquared too after you have so they can understand what is happening. Does that make sense?

I would be very surprised indeed if the awarding body were to refuse you a grant because the products have been discontinued.
Have you actually spoken to Sweet Squared about this specific matter?
And as a long term customer of S2 I'm actually offended that you have referred to them as "an awful company"

Just because things sell out and are out of stock it doesn't make the distributor a bad company.
Are you sure whoever is giving you your Grant wouldn't accept that you buy Shellac and Vinylux goods to an equivalent value? Possibly it is because they have taken so long to process your grant that the products have sold out ;)
Either way I do understand your frustration but I don't see how you can lay all the blame at a distributors door.

Can you not buy the items individually up to the value of your grant?
Sweet Squared pride themselves on their customer service, I am sure that they are praying for deliveries to arrive to meet the demand of these fab products. Xx

Reactions: Min
I understand you are frustrated, but to brand a company awful when you have never used them is quite ridiculous.

I have found them to be wonderful. Very helpful with lots of innovative products.

Discontinuing a package doesn't make them a bad company.

Can you purchase shellac and vinylux to the equivalent amount? Have you spoken to sweet squared over the phone? They are very helpful.

Have you been offered any other option by the grant? Xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

Yet another S2 out of stock story.......

Really puts me off.

I'm offended on behalf of s2 I've only placed two orders with them so far but have never had any problems and there customer service is excellent.
It's been explained time after time why vinylux has been out of stock quite abit and I can't believe that you've branded them an awful company after this experience.
Also surely the grant company can't penalise you because items are out of stock. Screenshot the out if stock page to them and ask if they would accept you buying items up to the same valve.

Well if you guys were going to lose the best part if £1000 coz sweet squared is out of stock, how would you feel???

No one has ever given me £5 for free and I can't explain how I felt receiving a GRANT!

For some of you they may be a great company but my experience has been awful.

When I phone them last week or week before, they could not say for better or worst about the products.

Well if you guys were going to lose the best part if £1000 coz sweet squared is out of stock, how would you feel???

No one has ever given me £5 for free and I can't explain how I felt receiving a GRANT!

For some of you they may be a great company but my experience has been awful.

When I phone them last week or week before, they could not say for better or worst about the products.

Think I might be more grateful to get £1000 of goods in the first place- any grant will be for suitable products for your business I'm sure? And s2 service is impeccable regardless of any uncontrollable stock issues in my experience. Choose different packages!

If Sweet Squared are out of stock and you urgently need the packages that you have mentioned...have you tried Ellisons?

Also...Olympia Beauty is on at the weekend...how about going there and buying packages as I'm sure they will have some fab offers on...then maybe you can be reimbursed?

Do you mind me asking which grant it is? If you don't want to say, you can PM me.

I've recently applied for the NEA as I didn't know how to start up as being self employed...however I didn't need the grant as I saved up for my equipment and didn't want to start a business feeling like I owed money. However they would've just added the funds to my bank account. Maybe this is an option for you?

Reactions: Min
There has been a lot about s2 being out of stock a lot lately ! And also about how shellac has changed and people having to use three coats.
There are other options like OPI gel polishes that last longer than shellac and OPI normal polishes which we have used and where very good .

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Have you actually spoken to the people who are providing you with the grant and explain the situation?

I think the title of your thread is very unfair to Sweetsquared. I've been really peeved about Sweetsquared being out of stock for stuff I wanted, but to blame them for losing your grant isn't right.

If you are going to run a business then you will face all sorts of problems like this and you won't get anywhere just blaming other people. I don't mean to sound harsh but I just wanted to be honest.

I am a bit shocked at your venomous attitude towards S2 to be honest!

I recently sold all my OPI polish with the view to buying Vinylux, by the time I had the funds from the OPI I was devastated to go onto the S2 website to find the starter pack of Vinylux was out of stock.

I had 2 manicure clients booked in the following week, so I rang them and said that due to reasons beyond my control I would offer Shellac at the same price. Both clients paid for the full Shellac treatment.

Point being, there's no need or point in blaming someone else. Your destiny is in your hands. If it's out of stock at S2 get it from Ellisons. If you can't get it because it's been discontinued, you're never going to be able to get it so buy something else.

Simples.

Hi

Thank u for the info
I'm going to call both sweet squared and the place I got my grant tomorrow maybe we can work something out?

im almost in tears, my body feels week. im sure ill lose my grant.

The grant I got is local to Luton only. I'm happy to share the info, but two conditions are you are based in Luton and its a new business. They have 50k to give away. So people are rushing to get it.

Hi

Thank u for the info
I'm going to call both sweet squared and the place I got my grant tomorrow maybe we can work something out?

The grant I got is local to Luton only. I'm happy to share the info, but two conditions are you are based in Luton and its a new business. They have 50k to give away. So people are rushing to get it.

That sounds like the best idea, it seems like you may be panicking prematurely.

Hi

Thank u for the info

Honey, can I give you some advice? I hope this doesn't sound condescending because I don't intend to be. In business, you will face a lot of times when things don't go your way, worse, when they go horribly, horribly wrong. Keep your wits about you. Resist the urge to panic and doubly resist the urge to lash out. It's rarely helpful. By trashing S2 publicly, you've offended and alienated its customers, damaged your relationship with an important supplier for your business, and not made yourself look good in front of your peers.

Let me suggest another course of action 1. Contact S2, explain the situation and see how they can help you - backordering, alternative products, etc.. 2. contact your grantor, explain the situation and see what adjustments/accommodations they're willing to make. 3. Come onto SG, calmly explain your situation and see if other geeks have some ideas and recommendations for you.

I hope that you can find a workable solution. I know that getting that grant must have felt incredible and the possible loss of it must have seemed crushing. But all business people need to have a community of support around them; SG (and your vendors) can be a part of that community if you let it and use it properly and respectfully.

Last edited:
Hi

Thank u for the info

99.99999% of us on here have started our businesses with our own money, and the only weakness we have felt is from the sheer exhaustion of doing so.

99.99999% of us on here have started our businesses with our own money, and the only weakness we have felt is from the sheer exhaustion of doing so.

Just so you know
I've been studying and saving for over three years, yes, I got a grant but that does not mean I have not work my a*** off to be were I am today.

If I lose my grant, it will be a kick in the face esp coz a company can't get it's stock problem sorted.

It is extremely stressful starting a business when you have put your and your family's life savings on the line.

Just so you know
I've been studying and saving for over three years, yes, I got a grant but that does not mean I have not work my a*** off to be were I am today.

If I lose my grant, it will be a kick in the face esp coz a company can't get it's stock problem sorted.

It is extremely stressful starting a business when you have put your and your family's life savings on the line.

It is extremely stressful running a successful business full stop!
I genuinely am not saying this to patronise you or put you down, but if you're getting this stressed over something like this then you do need to be aware that it's only going to get worse.

An awful lot of us have equally worked our collective butts off, put life savings on the line, taken great risks and shown even greater courage.
You need to develop some useful strategies for dealing with the vicissitudes of running a business. I could be forgiven for suggesting that slagging off one of the industry big names publicly is not one of the best ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back