I Am New Please Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sknight

Reaction score
I just passed a home learning course with ICS nail technician. I have been home learning on the nail trainer to do enhancements L and P and gels but want to do an actual course. what qualifications do i need to give treatments on paying clients?

Stevie:)

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

Not sure what course you've done, not one I've heard of . . . if you are working on paying clients you need to have a certificate which will be accepted by insurance companies. You could try ringing one, say, Professional Beauty Direct, to find out if yours is eligible or if you need to take another course.

Welcome :)

Did ICS tell you if their course is accredited by any insurers?

Zoe x

Actually legally you don't need to be insured for treatment liability, although in this litigious age you'd be mad not to. However you should look to get Public liability as a minimum, this IS a legal requirement ... although not so sure if it is in a home salon or if you are mobile.

Again legally speaking you don't need any qualifications, or even any training for that matter, to be a nail tech. Although of course you would be mad not to have good training if you really are serious about making this a career ... or even a good hobby for that matter! IMO nothing beats a human looking over your shoulder and seeing where you are going wrong and correcting you - a video just can't do that!

I'm very pleased to read you want to take a real course. Even if you can get insurance now, please don't work on paying clients with a home learn course only.

There is loads of info on here about courses so do a search. Sassy has given you some good facts but don't take the shortest route

Latest posts

Back