I am skint but really want some acrylic training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teena_B

Reaction score
Hi, me again!

I know you guys are probably fed up with hearing questions about training, but I couldn't find the answers I wanted from searching.

Now that I've done UV Gel and Fibreglass/silk training, I'd like to do some acrylic training. I can go back to The Nail Centre where I did my other training, but I'd like to know if anywhere else does acrylic training that's good and cheap, as I'd like to try somewhere else. There's nothing wrong with the training I've received, I'd just like to try another academy to see if there's any different tips or techniques that they may teach, and I'd like to try a different system than Star Nails, as I've read a couple of threads saying it was a bit difficult to use.

It'd be great to know how much they charge as I'm completely brassic now, and The Nail Centre is only £98 for a one day Acrylic course, which I think is pretty competetive.

As I said, Debi's training is I beleive good, I'd just like to keep my options open!

All replies greatly appreciated, as always!

I'm afraid you will never find any training that is great if you want to go for cheap. Sorry, but great trainers do not come cheap. Save up and go for the best you can afford.

It does not take long to make your money back after a really great course.

Hi Teena,

I would work with the two systems you already have (gel & fibreglass) until such times as you can afford to do the class with the trainers you really want to. Good training is never cheap but it is a great investment (I hope!).

Take your time. You have loads of skills to offer already and when you are up and running and raking in the cash, then you can select the best course and not just the cheapest.

Good luck - you certainly are full of enthusiasm and doing your homework. YOu are sure to suceed!

Good advice, I think I'm just so eager to please all clients, and be able to offer everything all at once! Maybe like you both say I should just concentrate on being excellent at the skills I have already, then I will be able to afford any training that I want! A case of running before I can walk, I think!

NailNovice2 said:
Hi Teena,

I would work with the two systems you already have (gel & fibreglass) until such times as you can afford to do the class with the trainers you really want to. Good training is never cheap but it is a great investment (I hope!).

Take your time. You have loads of skills to offer already and when you are up and running and raking in the cash, then you can select the best course and not just the cheapest.

Good luck - you certainly are full of enthusiasm and doing your homework. YOu are sure to suceed!
Hi Teena: i wholeheartedly agree with Chris and Geeg here. Get yourself up and running with the gel and fibreglass and then once you have a bit more cash available you can pick the best course not the cheapest. You dont have to have all 3 systems to succeed.

When you say "cheap" it will be just that and not worth the money you have spent on it. I know others that have done the same and have ended up doing more courses, so spending more money just to feel like they have done enough.

Save your money as Caz and Geeg have said and then get the best you can afford.

Hi there
Just to say that I have just completed that one day course for liquid and powder with debi at the Nail Centre, I know what you mean...When you are limited to funds, it far better to find someone that can fit into your budget and be close enough to get to. I live in sheringham and to me she was only 25 miles up the road, so it was convenient aswell.

I would really really love to do a creative course, There costs are'nt that bad but they are far away, so you then have to add on traveling costs and maybe hotel accomodation for a night or two, all depending on what course you do. But going back the nail centre, I did enjoy the L& P course but I wish I had spent that little bit extra and gone somewhere better with a better reputation, and acheiving a good certficate would be good, as apposed the the attendence cert that we get from the nail centre,

Let me know what course you decide on, because I am looking into doing more courses,
Hope I have been a little bit of help to you:hug:

karrie said:
Hi there
Just to say that I have just completed that one day course for liquid and powder with debi at the Nail Centre, I know what you mean...When you are limited to funds, it far better to find someone that can fit into your budget and be close enough to get to. I live in sheringham and to me she was only 25 miles up the road, so it was convenient aswell.

I would really really love to do a creative course, There costs are'nt that bad but they are far away, so you then have to add on traveling costs and maybe hotel accomodation for a night or two, all depending on what course you do. But going back the nail centre, I did enjoy the L& P course but I wish I had spent that little bit extra and gone somewhere better with a better reputation, and acheiving a good certficate would be good, as apposed the the attendence cert that we get from the nail centre,

Let me know what course you decide on, because I am looking into doing more courses,
Hope I have been a little bit of help to you:hug:

Hi karrie,
This is actually a rather old thread. I'll update you on my situation. I went to NSI for a 1 day 1 to 1 conversion with L&P. To be honest, I wasn't very impressed, but maybe someone else would have been more in tune to her training style. Anyway, I've since learned loads from the Geek boards, and on Monday this week started a L&P foundation course with Ezflow. I decided to start at the beginning again, due to not having the confidence in my nails, although they are ok. Also, I wanted to have a good named training certificate if that makes sense. So I do think that it's better to save up, even though I had to travel.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back