i am starting monday too!! need advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatabeauty

Reaction score
i am starting my nail tech course on monday and my beauty therapy course next thursday, my grandad died on wednesday, funeral next friday, and i am worried that i will just break down ( i lost my uncle last oct, step dad in feb and my nan in may) i hate to put this on you all but i feel i can take no more, ( alot of family history and squabbling!!!!) i know that this is the start of the rest of my life, i have 2 small children and a hubby and i am in a job that SUCKS!!!! ( i work in a bookies, and we have coppers outside the door 'cos there have been so many robberies (armed )in my area alone (3 mile radias) in the past 12 months,out of 12 shops 10 have been robbed 2 have been done twice. thats just the company i work for not mentioning the robberies in the other bookies in the area,) i am fortunate enough not to have been their through any of them!!! lady luck has shone down on me!!! i want to make a go of it for my family, but, i feel like i should stay in a secure job that pays well, (it does, ) but then is it worth gettin my head blown off, and letting my family down that i didn't make a go of it. i do want too give my kids a good life, and fit the hours in around school, or am i not living in the real world, sorry 4 the xtra long post but hubbys don't listen and friends just agree

I'm so sorry. I lost my dad a few years ago and I was in my mid 20's, i thought my world had ended. You must do what you feel you can manage. If you did the course it doesnt mean you have to give up your job straight away. You could see if you enjoyed it and then when the time is right and you feel stronger, go for it.

If you decided to give up your job and become a nail tech you could work the hours you wanted. I became a mobile tech a year ago and have slowly built up my clients. I now work part time in an office and part time nail tech.

Good Luck

Hiya,
Sorry to hear that your having an hard time at the moment. But when you feel so low, Just remember your not alone, Lots of people have been through lots of stuff in their lives and survived it. Stay focused on your goal and do the courses that youv'e planned to do. We only get one life, So do what you'll enjoy doing, Ok maybe your money will drop for a while but at least you'll be happy and out of the stress of the bookies. Hope that everything goes fine for you stay strong.

I am so sorry to hear of all of the problems you are having to go through.

If you start your course and you think it is right for you is there no chance of getting a grant of some sort to see you through your time at college? Could you not get a part time job elsewhere? Would tax credits not make up some of your loss of income if you gave up at the bookies?

Things will get better for you...I am sure. Try to keep smiling, when you hit the bottom there is only one way to go....up! Good luck :biggrin:

thank you all 4 advice i know deep down that life does go on and i have my beautiful babies around me, but there is so much death and violence (i haven't got to mention beslam in russia and those angel children that died,
icon_sad.gif
god bless you all!) perhaps one day we can all live in a half respectable/civilised society
icon_question.gif
love to all

Im really sorry to hear about your circumstances. I used to work in the Bookies and Im also from Romford so I know what its like, the pay is good but the hours are awful so I decided to leave and now work 9 to 5 in a bank but I started my NVQ last April at the age of 36 and its the best thing I ever done, dont get me wrong there have been times when i have felt like giving it up but I dont regret starting it I now have a room set up at home and work in the evenings and weekends to fit clients in I have completed my waxing, artificial nails, manicures, pedicres and facials and have 2 more units to do and then Im going to do massage, hopefully I will be able to give up the Bank or at least go part time. Could you not reduce in your hours in the Bookies once you are qualified to take on some clients, that way you will still have an income. I think you should go for it you will always be able to get work in the Bookies if things were desperate. I wish you all the best of luck for the future and hope that things start to take a turn for the better, feel free to pm me if you ever want a chat. Take care.

I wish you good luck with your courses and a happy and bright future..........
Look forward to the future and never look back............
You have a goal and it's not unobtainable.........To as we say here on the geek site........ go and get em girl...........

{HUGGS} xxx

I also wish you luck :) and hope that things improve for you.

I lost my mum in June (after a long illness) and didnt know how to take the next breath without her guidance ... but I started my l&p in August, unsure at teh time if i would manage it, and I am so glad that i did ... I miss her every day and always will but i know that she would be so proud of me now and I feel she gave me strength and I have had so much support from people I would never have met and made so many new friends, here and through my new workplace, if i hadnt done this.
Take heart and take care
Jo xx

I lost my mum on my 2nd day of college when I started beauty therapy, after spending all day doing what we had to do I went into college on autopilot. Looking back now although I was a wreck and didn`t take much in, I think it helped to be there as there was nothing else to do at home.
You take care and when you need us we`ll be here for you

Latest posts

Back