I am starting my own Salon I need advice....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IDoHair

Reaction score
Hi all I am new here ...:)

I hope you can help me. I am starting a smaller 3 chair salon with a already existing tanning salon (Iam only keeping 5 of the 7 beds)...I currently use the Schwartzkopf color line .....but I am not impressed with the shine of the line I think its a little high priced also. I am considering Redken or Rusk I am hearing the education factor is awesome with Redken...I need help deciding. I need a styling line as well I hear good things about Redkens line and also Rusk appears to sell well...:idea:Any thoughts ...:idea:I am going to use Pureology for my back bar and to retail I am looking for a styling line. We use Back to Basics at the salon I am at now but I feel its like carrying Suave at the salon I want to keep good products I can believe in I am a pretty good sales person. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Any one order there equipment on line?
THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!!!:eek:

Redkin are a good range, but I think L'oreal takes a lot of beating, why dont you see what discounts they both offer you? I also think it is a good thing to use tha shampoos and products you are selling at the back basin and on your product range, so the client can see exactly how well it works on them, the other thing you need to check out before you choose a range is what training on the products they will give you, leaflets for you to read up on the products are not enough, let them sell it to you and they will tell you every thing about the products and you will find it easy to sell because you will know what you are talking about and will choose the exact product that is right for the client. So see which company does the most for you, after all they are selling to you, what are they going to offer their client??

Hi, I think Loreal and Redken are the same company or one of them owns the other , I love loreal products too , so proffessional :hug: x

Hi there good luck in your new venture, I personally like using koleston 2000 by wella, they have lots of beautiful shades and it gives you an high shine finish, I also love using lifetex by wella for my styling products, the price is quite resonable too. :)

Hi there good luck in your new venture, I personally like using koleston 2000 by wella, they have lots of beautiful shades and it gives you an high shine finish, I also love using lifetex by wella for my styling products, the price is quite resonable too. :)

Howdy, must admit I love Wella too I think that they are really easy and so reliable to work with , especially thier new colours are fab,
thier blondor blue powder bleach never swells , excellent stuff,

Loreal I just love thier maji contrast such a great product,:hug: x

Latest posts

Back