I believe things happen for a reason, I just wish we had some control over it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma84

Reaction score
Just wanted to update people and get a few things off of my chest. Firstly I posted a whole ago now about having my boyfriend's niece to look after to help out his sister who has gone back to work and I wasn't sure how I would be able to look after her and do my mobile beauty work and be a carer for my dad, well yes fate intervened in a very unexpected way... A car accident.

In brief I was the front passenger in a car that was hit by a lady who jumped a red light and was speeding ( with no further action taken towards her from the police I might add ) but in brief I suffered whiplash, crushed nerves, soft tissue damage, severe bruising, and the discovery that my injuries were made worse due to me having hyper mobility syndrome ( the good thing is this was discovered now so I can take steps to prevent it getting worse, where possible )

I'm currently having physio but means I can't bend properly or lift heavy objects which pretty much involved all of my equipment especially my couch, I had just done some refresher courses to make sure I'm still up to date so you can imagine how frustrating that is, it's hard work and I cannot lift her but this has meant I now look after the baby an to be fair she has been one of the few things that make me smile through this.

I have been diagnosed with post traumatic stress syndrome and advised I seriously think about the future and my work and children as in severe cases you can literally become wheel chaired through pregnancy and after ( which at the moment we are not ready for our own children but is something to consider in the future ).

My mum has been ill for nearly a fortnight now and its undiagnosed but she had major heart surgery years ago so that all needs to be checked. My nan who is in her 90's, has informed us she has had enough now and wants to give up. She is very healthy but clearly misses her loved ones that have gone, so the things keeping me going ...

My dad is getting back on his feet( literally he is walking again with 2 sticks, i am so proud of him ) I am alive! It could of been so much worse, I found out about the hms, and I am now trying to concentrate on getting back on the straight and narrow so to speak.

We have decided to look for our own place to live and do out a room as a home salon to limit lifting and means I don't have to give up what I love doing. We have no savings at the moment and as you can imagine I have lost work through my limitations and this year work wise was really picking up, but we looked at some new builds the other day and both got very excited, planning for our future looking at silly things like sofas and lights lol I know I am lucky and there are so many people out the worse off that are just getting on with it. Ok so rant over lol x

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you have been through the mill a bit big reiki filled hugs for you. I also wanted to say i have hms and have had 2 babies naturally with no intervention or problems after the only trouble i had was my hip almost popping out of place in last few weeks as i was when more elastic than usual so try not to fret too much. If you ever want to talk to someone with hms feel free to pm me x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thank you, as i said its one thing not being ready to have children and another being told you shouldn't x

Sorry to hear you've had such a horrible time lately :(
I too have hms and have also had 2 babies, naturally, although I had a lot of pelvic problems while I was pregnant, but they disappeared after giving birth xx

As sweetheart what a time of it you're having! I firmly believe that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

All the good things I have found since going through a crappy time in life:

I am way more grateful of the little things than some people I know
I know how to spot a good thing very quickly
I don't waste time faffing about with life, I feel it is more precious than some of my friends seem to think
I am more resilient and think "I can handle this" when life takes its twists
I'm more optimistic than some of my friends, because I spot the good things rather than dwell on the nonsense
I figure I've had my fair share of crap for now so I'm hoping I'll get a smooth ride for a bit

(the last point is more of a hope than a belief!)

Honestly - all these things come to you when you've been tried and tested. I think it really makes for a stronger character in the end. Wish you all the best sweetie xxxx

Thank u everyone it's amazing how I have always been a glass half full kind of girl but my boyfriends is definitely empty lol and I've always tried to put a positive spin on things and I'm the one who becomes the joker to make light of things and a v good shoulder for people, I guess it just seemed a bit too much all at once but since writing my long moan lol it made me feel a bit better and certainly more positive after reading your replies THANK YOU! Xx

Just wanted to add to this now as we speak my mum is in hospital and has been moved from ccu to icu, she had been sick for 13 days we had 2 doctors come out to see her she cldnt eat or drink they said it was gastric we rang for an ambulance and she was rushed to hospital with dangerously high bp we were told at the hospital they will have to sedate her stop her heart n restart it again with a shock to get it beating in a more controlled regular rhythm, this worked and we found out yday she has an enlarged heart, kidney and liver failure,( she already had surgery years ago to replace her heart valves )she will be ok I know she will it sounds silly but my gut instinct is telling me she will come through this, I just miss her so much, visiting times split between my family just don't seem long Enough, I know she needs her rest and me wanting to be there is probably selfish, but I don't want my mum to face this on her own, keeping an eye on my dad too it is amazing how diff ppl deal with things differently in their own way I have 2 older sisters I seem to have taken charge a bit and know mums medical history n what happens next my eldest sister is at the hospital a lot and keeps breaking down bless her and my middle sister I don't think is coping with it very well and I know this sounds heartless and i am there for them both but my main concerns are firstly my mum then secondly my dad, both of my sisters have partners and in my eyes that's where they should come into play and be supportive, am I wrong? Is that too heartless of me?
X

No not at all. Everyone deals with things differently & over time your family will recognise who needs support & when, and you'll all pull together that little bit more.

Having watched a parent go through similar illnesses, you can just tell when they're going to beat it can't you, I know what you mean ;)

Wish you the best & keep your strength up sweetie you'll need it xxxx

Big snuggle for all your troubles xo

But I am excited for you, the home salon will be fantastic. everything will all work out xoxoxo

Thanks everyone, well there's no improvement with my mum so can't even think about her being home any time soon, but myself and my boyfriend have polished, hoovered and tidied bits that were out of place in my mums room, so its nice and relaxing for her When she does come home but I have all these worries my dad has just been signed off with his occupational therapist and I know My mum will have her own when she comes home but how is she going to manage our stairs and there's no way she will be able to get in our bath, Even I struggle, wish I could afford to have shower fitted for us, her bed is very low and the headboard is uncomfortable if she wanted to sit up in bed, I know this must sound trivial but it gives me something positive to focus on rather then being sick with worry x

Just wanted to say the occupational therapists from social services provide a lot of help and equipment free of charge to help people with difficulties so worth contacting them and asking for a visit before she comes home as there may be a wait but things like bed rails or supports and bath seat can help loads x keep your chin up xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thank you :0) x

Wow all my Christmases have come at once! Update on my mum- liver is repairing itself :0) kidneys have woken up so no more dialysis :0) and platelets are rising so no transfusion :0) her heart is still enlarged and they need to do more investigation to what happened but she is now on a heart ward :0) I am so so happy, I know things aren't 100% yet but it's all in the right direction, I am going to pamper and spoil my mum so much, I've been doing mini mini facials on her in the hospital every day to make her feel
A little better, I shall be asking for some advice soon as I said once she is home and on the road to recovery I shall book all the ladies in the family into a spa so we can have some quality time together, ( oh dear need to make lots of pounds to pay for that, hey ho having quality time is worth anything ) c

That's so lovely & really hope it's the start of more good things to come :) xxx

Thank u fingers crossed! X

Latest posts

Back