i bit worried.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auntsally

Reaction score
hi everyone could anyone help ,me i start my foundation course at creative on the 9th off this month ,eventhough im excited ,i am also worried that there is going to be alot off written and reading work as i am dylexic ,when im at home on the computor and my hubby is here i feel fine as i can call him to help me if i need him, but if i am on the course abd i have to read and write anything that i dont understand i will panic, when i rang to book my course i did not tell them this so i just wanted to no how much raeding and writeing i would be doing thanks, help aprecaited.

HI,

When i went on my foundation course which was june (just gone) we did not do any writing at all, and my tutor was reading it to us and telling us to highlight certain pieces of information that were very important to us.

I'm not really sure if all the tutors do it like this or not so if you are really worried about it then why don't you give them a ring and explain and maybe they can tell you if there will be any writing for you to do.

Aw don't worry hun,explain your concerns to your educator and i am sure they will be happy to help xx

As said above just explain to your educator & they should be more than understanding & willing to help. I also struggle with written work & can be a little embarassing at times but I always find that once I've meantioned it everythings fine & they may also be able to offer you indiviual support.

There will be a little bit of writting/note taking but you generally have a book or hand out to write in/on which makes it easier. You'll be fine honest & I bet you won't tbe the only one, you'll be surprised!! :) Enjoy your course!!

I also just thought of something else, if there is a lot of notetaking and reading for you to do, why don't you speak to the academy/head office and ask if you could take a dictaphone (sp?) instead of writing notes.

My boyfriend is dyslexic, and in university he has to take a dictaphone to lectures instead of note taking as sometimes he can't take notes quick enough or he misses important information out. At least if you could do this, then you could take it home and make notes in your own time and your hubby can also help you.

I also just thought of something else, if there is a lot of notetaking and reading for you to do, why don't you speak to the academy/head office and ask if you could take a dictaphone (sp?) instead of writing notes.

My boyfriend is dyslexic, and in university he has to take a dictaphone to lectures instead of note taking as sometimes he can't take notes quick enough or he misses important information out. At least if you could do this, then you could take it home and make notes in your own time and your hubby can also help you.
thankyou ,yes i have a dictaphone i will take that in with me ,didnt think off that i will call and let them no just felt a little embarassed :o thank you for your help . donna x

thankyou ,yes i have a dictaphone i will take that in with me ,didnt think off that i will call and let them no just felt a little embarassed :o thank you for your help . donna x

Just check that its ok with the academy first and also make sure your dictaphone is good enough to pick up sound from a distance just incase you are in the middle or back of the room.

Don't be embarassed, i'm sure the academy will understand & will help you in any way that they can. After all, you are paying a lot of money for the course so you want to able to collect all the information you can, whether it is on tape/paper etc. Either way you will still have it to study from and thats the important thing.

When i did my course there was a lady on it who was dyslexic (sp)

Our tutor was great she helped the lady loads and when it came to the exam went through it all with her in a seperate room so that she would be able to understand and do her best.

I agree with everyone else and talk to your tutor they will understand completely its nothing to be embarrased about!!

xxx

when i did my foundation there was a lady whose 1st language wasnt English & my educator helped her loads xxx

When i did my foundation a girl took a dictophone into class and the educator thought it was a brilliant idea so im sure they wont mind and like has already been said if you tell them they will give you extra help when it comes to doing the exam, if you tape everything that is said in the class you wont have a problem with the exam as they do cover everything, dont worry about it hun we all have our problems you enjoy your course they are lots of fun:hug:

thankyou everyone for your feedback you have settled my nerves a bit thank you xxxxxxxx donna

Latest posts

Back