I cannot believe what just happened

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trusty754

Reaction score
I am a mobile tech, but had a client this morning that wanted to come to my house for a new full set of acrylics, she turned up half an hour late and as she got out of the car asked me how long it would take. I told her it would take at least two hours (as I am fairly new tech). and then this is the bit I could not beleive she told me that normally when she goes to a Professional Salon it only takes half an hour, she then got back in the car and drove off, I was stunned, just stood there with this stupid look on my face. I now feel that maybe she thought I did not look professional enough in my dress and look but I had dressed smartly and thought I looked good. surely there is no way a good nail tech however many years of experience could do a complete set of acrylics in half an hour. please I need urgent reassurance on this.:irked:

the cheeky mare................actually yes, you can do a full set of nails in half an hour, using the new POPIT system. but thats a different ball game. did you explain to her how long it would take you, and that you are fairly new?

whether you were dressed to kill or not flower, maybe your face just didnt fit.....dont worry about it, just put it down to experience, there are alot of very rude people out there, that seem to think they can treat us as if we were beneath them. hold you head up flower, and march on

Dont worry mate, for every client like that youwill end up with two that make up for it.
In the early days i had a couple people come for treatments and not come back again.. i took it so personaly, but thankfully i have learnt to be proud ofmy work and realise thats the way of the business.. chinup and carry on x

Hun, wether this "professional" salon does nails in half an hour or not....
they can't possibly be THAT "fabulous" if they were then why on earth would she want to book anywhere else :wink2:

She was pulling one over you by the sounds of it...she was running late....SHE didnt leave herself enough time..and SHE was trying to make it seem like it was YOUR fault she could no longer have her appt...

Don't let this woman make you feel bad...you will have many more clients who will be only too happy to sit with you for hours and hours. or as long as it takes while you are starting out..they will watch you ..and chat away happily making the time fly by...trust me hun...
Forget her.....use this experience as just that...experience, you can now learn a lesson from this for if anything similar happens again..

For instance If this lady does make another appointment book her if you want to....but tell her clearly if she is more than 10 minutes late...her appointment will be cancelled and used for another client as you are fully booked with people always waiting for cancellations .........that'll show her :twisted:
lol :green:

I can do a full set in an hour if the wind is blowing the right way.......but usually it's an hour and 15 mins.....(sculptured p&w l&p)
but I have 5 years under my belt......

besides...showing up a half hour late......you don't want her as a client if she has absultely no concept of time which is clearly the case here.....

:lol: I think I know exactly which Professio nail Salon she is talking about and I wouldn't worry too much about it hun.

:lol: I think I know exactly which Professio nail Salon she is talking about and I wouldn't worry too much about it hun.

i was thinking that too, but hey they are clearly not that professional because she wanted to go elsewhere

don't worry about it, you don't need clients like that

keep your head up

Hi Hun,
She is obviously not the type of client you want or deserve. Some people just try it on. Don't take any of it to heart. It takes time to get your speed up, but even if you don't, never sacrifice the finished result for speed, you want to be proud of your nails, so time shouldn't matter, especially when she knew your are a new nail tech, and definately won't be trying to cut corners. Good luck, all will come right in the end, enjoy doing beautiful nails, remember that is what you have trained to do. Lotsa luv x

hun she obviously didnt value your training, profesionalism and time so its her loss, let her go get her 30 minute nails im sure you will have 5 nice clients for every rude 1
:hug:

i would read what everyone else has put and sit down and think....

where she normally goes is not good as she came to you...

it does not matter if you take 30 mins or 2 hours to do nails...what matters is the atmosphere and the quality of nails...and i bet you have both of them down to a tee.....so think of it as HER lose NOT yours xxx

some people like quality and some people like quantity!

there are 2 salons in my village.

The first has been built up slowly by a highly experienced therapist, its very professional, very relaxing, expensive looking, friendly, just what you would want in a salon.

the 2nd opened about 2 years ago, its run by someone with NO people skills, NO professionalism and just screams CHEAP AND MAKE-DO.

But, a lot of people in the village would rather go to the 2nd salon because most treatments are £2 cheaper!!!

Clients who are late are not clients that you want. They are a constant pain and don't take the service seriously. Thank yourself lucky she has gone:hug:

Hun, wether this "professional" salon does nails in half an hour or not....
they can't possibly be THAT "fabulous" if they were then why on earth would she want to book anywhere else :wink2:

She was pulling one over you by the sounds of it...she was running late....SHE didnt leave herself enough time..and SHE was trying to make it seem like it was YOUR fault she could no longer have her appt...

Totally agree with this. Please, please don't let this get to you. There are lots of lovely clients out there . . . don't worry yourself about this one. Can you imagine what sort of a nightmare client she would have made? Some you are better off without. :hug: :hug:

Rest assured, "Pop Its" aside, it would take an absolute minimum of an hour to apply a decent set of nails PROPERLY, even with a very experienced and capable tech . . .

Relax, you are doing fine. I can just imagine the knock to your confidence, but honestly, NO NEED . . . it's not you, it's her. :hug:

But, a lot of people in the village would rather go to the 2nd salon because most treatments are £2 cheaper!!!
Just £2???? That's nothing... i'd much rather pay the difference for quality anyday.

That's extremely rude & I don't care who you are, you shouldn't treat people that way. If you make an appointment you follow through with it. To turn up late AND THEN just drive off... that takes the cake.

Let her go to the "30 minute" in/out cattle nail place. I'm sure THOSE nails will be stunning (Not!).

She isn't worth it. You wouldn't want her as a client in the long run so this is probably a good thing!

I am a mobile tech, but had a client this morning that wanted to come to my house for a new full set of acrylics, she turned up half an hour late and as she got out of the car asked me how long it would take. I told her it would take at least two hours (as I am fairly new tech). and then this is the bit I could not beleive she told me that normally when she goes to a Professional Salon it only takes half an hour, she then got back in the car and drove off, I was stunned, just stood there with this stupid look on my face. I now feel that maybe she thought I did not look professional enough in my dress and look but I had dressed smartly and thought I looked good. surely there is no way a good nail tech however many years of experience could do a complete set of acrylics in half an hour. please I need urgent reassurance on this.:irked:

Latest posts

Back