I cannot remove Mani Q colour! Please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christianna

Reaction score
Hi. It is the first time I write to you asking for your help. I live in Greece and I am mobile. I am very happy I have found this blog:):):) I have learned many things from you. Now I am facing a big problem. I have followed all the instructions to apply mani.q. Step by step. But when the time came to remove it with accetone, it was impossible. Finally I took the drill and I damaged my nails since I first practiced on my own nails. I have seen Greg's videos. I have done everything he did. (I mean the steps:| ). Any idea??? Thank you in advance ;)

Hi

Have you filed the acrylic open so the aceton can get into the acrylic?

greetings liesbeth

Hi Hun, You do mean the ManiQ colour soak off gels don't you?. Did you use protein bond on the nails before applying the maniQ? If so, this makes them quite hard to soak off I'm afraid. Firstly you need to buff the shine off the nail (I use a 240 gritt buffer), then I use Magis Wraps with acetone on the pad and wrap the nails. I then cover both hands with a warm towel over the top. After about 10 mins I unwrap each nail 1 at a time and scrape off the flaked, crackled gel with an orange stick. The protein bond at the free edge is quite stubborn to remove and I normally need to gently buff any residue protein bond and gel off. I then wash the hands thoroughly with hand wash and apply nail oil. Don't use nail oil though if you are going to re-apply another set of maniQ.
Hope that helps hun xxx

Hi Hun, You do mean the ManiQ colour soak off gels don't you?. Did you use protein bond on the nails before applying the maniQ? If so, this makes them quite hard to soak off I'm afraid. Firstly you need to buff the shine off the nail (I use a 240 gritt buffer), then I use Magis Wraps with acetone on the pad and wrap the nails. I then cover both hands with a warm towel over the top. After about 10 mins I unwrap each nail 1 at a time and scrape off the flaked, crackled gel with an orange stick. The protein bond at the free edge is quite stubborn to remove and I normally need to gently buff any residue protein bond and gel off. I then wash the hands thoroughly with hand wash and apply nail oil. Don't use nail oil though if you are going to re-apply another set of maniQ.
Hope that helps hun xxx
Yes I mean soak off gel dear. And I used protein bond. I also buffed the shine off the nail. I did not use Magic Wrap. Instead I used cotton with acceton and I wraped it with sanitas foil. It did not worked. Then I put my nails in a bowl with acceton for 20 minutes. Nothing happend. No flakes, no crackled gel !!!!!! Am I stupid???? I think my nails are in love with maniq:o . The lamp I am using for curing is not the one young nail suggests. The supplier in Greece told me that this would be no problem.
She also told me to cover the whole nail plate with protein bond. Next time I won't. And you cover only once the free edge. How many times you use the swipe?? Only at the final cure?? or every time you cure?? Sorry for the hundreds of questions but I am trying to find someone in Greece to tell me tips and I have not find yet:| . Thank you both for your help

Yes I mean soak off gel dear. And I used protein bond. I also buffed the shine off the nail. I did not use Magic Wrap. Instead I used cotton with acceton and I wraped it with sanitas foil. It did not worked. Then I put my nails in a bowl with acceton for 20 minutes. Nothing happend. No flakes, no crackled gel !!!!!! Am I stupid???? I think my nails are in love with maniq:o . The lamp I am using for curing is not the one young nail suggests. The supplier in Greece told me that this would be no problem.
She also told me to cover the whole nail plate with protein bond. Next time I won't. And you cover only once the free edge. How many times you use the swipe?? Only at the final cure?? or every time you cure?? Sorry for the hundreds of questions but I am trying to find someone in Greece to tell me tips and I have not find yet:| . Thank you both for your help

Have you buffed the nails with a real buffer or with a 180 gritt? You really have to open de gel. A buffer would not do i think.
I also don,t have the Young Nails uv lamp and having no problems with the maniq. Indeed if you cover the whole natural nail with protien bond it can make it (more) difficult to remove. Just the free edge is more then enough before putting on the first layer.
I use just 70% alcohol to remove the sticky layer at the end. So just in the beginning before you put on the free edge the protien bond and at the end when the maniq is done. Its better not to use the swipe because in the swipe is still a bit of aceton in it and that can affect the maniq. Or buy the maniq cleanser.

Hope it helps:wink2:

I think the whole problem is that I have covered the whole nail plate with protein bond!!! I used not only 180 gritt but also the drill!!!. And even then the colour stayed on my nails (sorry for my english :) So, I will try again using it only on the free edge. Maniq cleanser?? I will try to find it. I really really thank you for your help. Iffffff, I will have problem again, something will be wrong with me :):):):):) Thanks again

By the way, what "liesbeth" means?? :)

By the way, what "liesbeth" means?? :)
?????:confused:

Back to the post, the problem will be caused because you have saturated the nail plate with protein bond - I find that stuff an absolute nightmare to soak off so only use very sparingly and only at the free edge. Do not wipe any layers of gel until the very end just apply the coloured gel over the tacky layer. When you have completely finished the nail (after the MQ topcoat), wipe of the sticky layer with ManiQ cleanser. Have you been on a ManiQ workshop course? don't know if they do them in Greece but over in UK they are free and are really helpful.

Hope that helps hun. xx

No unfortunatelly there are no organised courses in Greece!! I have payed 3 hours for private lessons but I've been told to cover the whole nail plate with protein bond. Anyway. I will do all the process again using any protein bond only at the very edge. And as I can understand Swipe is a different thing from Maniq Cleancer. Sorry for being so annoying with all these questions but you really help me. Thaaaaaaank youuuuuuuu :):):) I am going to try it right now.

You are not annoying! you are learning. Good luck hunni:Love: xx

If you can get onto the Young Nails website, there are some great training videos.

Young Nails - Throughout England and the UK

I had no trouble removing my sample Mani-q nail. I'm amazed you couldn't get it off with such a long soak in acetone!

If you can get onto the Young Nails website, there are some great training videos.

Young Nails - Throughout England and the UK

I had no trouble removing my sample Mani-q nail. I'm amazed you couldn't get it off with such a long soak in acetone!
Yes, I know..... It was very bad for my nail and for my nevres :rolleyes: Maybe because I used protein bond in the whole nail plate. I dont know. Maybe the layers were not so thin as they sould be. Anyway. I tried again and it was much better. It was not easy but it was better.:Love:I hope I will manage to find the correct way. But thank you for the link you have posted it.

Only use the Protein Bond on the very free edge of the nail to ensure great adhesion from daily wear and tear......
Iam however, now recommending that our customers eliminate the Protein Bond and only use on your more 'active' customers once you are assured they will need it.
Protein Bond works well, too well infact and Im finding that most customers who return for regular soak-offs and colour changes dont really need it.
You will need to break down the top coat layer prior to soaking off.
ManiQ top is very clever...it is acetone resistant, allowing your client to paint her own nails and remove the colour with acetone without affecting the ManiQ underneath.
To remove you will need to remove the 'acetone proof' shine prior to soaking.

Also.....Use ManiQ Top Coat to finish off and protect your nails, stopping nail varnish from chipping!
ManiQ can be used over regular polish. Although there are so many brands of polish out there we haven't tried and tested them all but cetainly with OPI colours it works extremely well.....and ofcourse these layers will help strengthen and protect your nails.

Hope this helps
Lisa x

Lisa I will try ManiQ without protein bond because I dont like it at all. Also if I use ManiQ top coat with a regular polish I need to cure it?? Up to now I am using Seche and it is quite good. But I think I will give a try to your idea :)
Thank you :)

dont worry im having the same problem i cant get the thing off i ended up having to virtually file it all off, i used protein bond over full nail to as i thought this would help with adhersion as i have some clients with very poor nail beds.

I have never used protein bond with Mani-Q.. I have never had a problem removing them.

At the moment I have to admit I am removing them with Gelish soak off remover as I have a lot of this stuff left over. I break the top seal, soak some cotton wool..wrap them in silver hair foils then in a bout 5-10mins they just flake off...(you know those little fish you used to get in christmas crackers..they was red you put them in the palm of your hand and the used to curl up? well that how they look like when I reomve the wraps) then I just wipe it off.

I don't like using acetone far too drying. x

The instructions are clear on Greg's video. Only put the protein bond on the free edge of the nails, it is not necessary on the rest of the nail and break the seal properly by buffing until you have coloured dust on the nails to make sure you have removed the top coat. :D

i will try using the protein bond on just the end to see if this helps as it really wasnt budging at all.

Latest posts

Back