I commit a Felony for my Awesome client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
:lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding :wink2:

Last night, had the pleasure of doing "money nails" for my new client!(using a 'copy' of course :wink2:)
She's from Atlanta Georgia/USA, and an absolute doll:!:

I sculpted first, then cut up the money, and glued it on, and glossed heavily over it.
If I had used acrylic, I could have encased it with the acrylic as it would have held it down. But 'things' have a way of floating up in gel, which is downright annoying. I gave it my best crack. Not bad for a 'first' try.
I'm dissatisfied with the smiles obviously, they're absolutely dreadful. And the free edge is thickish, as I was trying to make sure that the money didn't peel off, so I was heavy handed with a thicker gloss than usual.

BUT all in all, for a first effort, not so bad.
Please don't mind the picture. Hands are still dusty and such and nails not yet oiled.

Client was ECSTATIC and has already booked several more appointments and wants me to do my 'feather' nails, and some crushed shell nails etc...
It's going to be a TONNE of fun playing with her nails.
I voiced my displeasure with certain aspects and apologized, but she was over the moon and gave me heck for critizing 'her' nails:lol:
She rambled on and on how here in Montreal, she couldnt find anyone to do this sort of thing and wants me to put my thinking cap on, to find all sorts of original and outlandish things to do on her nails. And all the better, she says, if I have never done it before so as she is the first to wear them round here abouts.

so, here ya go.
my first ever Money nails, in UV Gel.:green:

PS: I was up till 12:30am doing these babies. OMG hope to never be up that late again. Was doing them with a migraine, so some of the glitches were due to my blinding migraine and some to inexperience with encasing money. SORRY

Attachments

• Tamara Money Nails.jpg
    Tamara Money Nails.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 533
well done victoria, you've done a great job :hug:
how exciting is it to have a client that gives you a free reign on heir nails:)
anna

great job on your first attempt!! Isn't it great to have these clients that let you do what you want!!!

Fab nails huni...great 1st attempt...wish I was as brave as you...:)

Thanks everyone!
I was annoyed with their shape, the free edge is a mess. But ah well...

Berenice, were yours done with L&P, or gel?
What method did you use?

Fab nails huni...great 1st attempt...wish I was as brave as you...:)

No reason why you can't be...
My attitude is that if I don't try, I'll DEFINATELY NOT be able to do it.
But if I try... who knows how nice it will turn out, or what I'll learn, etc...
Every experiment is a learning experience. And trust me, I learned lots about how 'NOT to do things with money nails LOL Maybe next time, I'll learn what works better with UV gel.:wink2:

And I'm so very lucky to have a handful of clients that LOVE when I experiment and actually enjoy learning with me.
They all want to be "fIRST" when it comes to something new, and so they encourage me to try new things.
I often encourage them to surf the web and bring me ideas that they like.
it's loads of fun.

:green::hug:

thanks again!

These are great Victoria I love them:hug:

great job hun well done you.xx

Thanks everyone!
I was annoyed with their shape, the free edge is a mess. But ah well...

Berenice, were yours done with L&P, or gel?
What method did you use?
Yes, mine where L&P. I used the steps I gave you, although I hate using tips it was necessary for these because its just a hastle to do it with sculpts.

brilliant job V...fantastic...keep up the good work:green:

They look great for a first try.I see what you mean about the free edge a tip for the next time sculpt a thin layer in clear then use a thin layer of clear gel place paper cure then build your nail.

ps you can cut you smile in to the paper.

Trini:green:

They look fab!!!

So if I was to try this in England, does anyone know if it against the law to photocopy a tenner then cut it up and stick them on??

:) I want a go!!!

One word: AWESOME!!!!! :green:

Really wish I was as talented as that! Would love to have a go at $ bill nails but just really don't think I have the skill for it. Also wonder where the heck I'd manage to get a $ bill to practise with.......................? :hug:

They look fab!!!

So if I was to try this in England, does anyone know if it against the law to photocopy a tenner then cut it up and stick them on??

:) I want a go!!!

Sounds like a great idea! I have to say I don't have enough money to cut up and stick a *real* tenner onto some nails! :eek:

Latest posts

Back