I could cry-Facebook

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Severnrose

Reaction score
Ok so I knew it could always happen but Facebook have changed my business page (made as a personal page) to a "LIKE" page
I already have a LIKE page so it's being merged with that but I am GUTTED!!!! The like pages are so rubbish because you can't always tag people in photos (which helps to get business from their friends) and half your likers don't even see your posts anyway :( Not helpful at all Boo Hoo!!!!!

Nope it's not. It's a way for Facebook to get people to pay for Facebook advertising.

You're so right! I didn't even think of that! Cos now we spend money on boosting posts etc. Damn it! Oh well it was good while it lasted

Ok so I knew it could always happen but Facebook have changed my business page (made as a personal page) to a "LIKE" page
I already have a LIKE page so it's being merged with that but I am GUTTED!!!! The like pages are so rubbish because you can't always tag people in photos (which helps to get business from their friends) and half your likers don't even see your posts anyway :( Not helpful at all Boo Hoo!!!!!
How did it happen? Is your profile & like page the same name?

And can it be avoided if I change my profile name?

And can it be avoided if I change my profile name?
No, they scan your profile page for business use as well as your messages etc so it's a matter of time before they catch up with your profile page and either delete or convert it.

I don't know why I'm surprised that they can scan messages but how blinkin rude! I might have private stuff on them :mad: it's actually nearly all business tho so I'm pooped! They made my partner change his name recently too his was a profile but with a car name, I've been researching ways to get out of loosing my profile for ages:( I'm on tons of groups in going to loose them all

I don't know why I'm surprised that they can scan messages but how blinkin rude! I might have private stuff on them :mad: it's actually nearly all business tho so I'm pooped! They made my partner change his name recently too his was a profile but with a car name, I've been researching ways to get out of loosing my profile for ages:( I'm on tons of groups in going to loose them all
It's done by a robot not a human so that's how they get around privacy issues. It's annoying but sadly no way around it. With a business page you can't even message people first. We often have people say message us with more info and we can't unless they message us first!

Yep this is also another issue - not being able to message people first :( Can't post on local pages etc etc there's so much you can't do with a like page!

Yep this is also another issue - not being able to message people first :( Can't post on local pages etc etc there's so much you can't do with a like page!
I always post on local pages with my LIKE page.

Do you mean you post from your person page but with a link to your like page? Or does your like page actually allow you to post on selling pages? I have never been able to do this, which is one of the reasons why I made a friends page. X

I can't do it either, lots of people say you can type @ then the name of the page but it has never worked for me on pc or mobile

I simply log into my personal account, go to my business page, hit share on any post on my business LIKE page then it gives me the option of share "with". I then choose "share in a group" and then choose my group (generally a buy and sell local to me).

It's done by a robot not a human so that's how they get around privacy issues. It's annoying but sadly no way around it. With a business page you can't even message people first. We often have people say message us with more info and we can't unless they message us first!
Not being able to message people drives me insane!!

O
Not being able to message people drives me insane!!
ooh yes. It's to stop companies spamming random people which I understand but when it's customers I'm already dealing with sometimes talking on FB is easier than e-mails.

Its so frustrating. Ive posted stuff and only 20 people have seen them, people like your page to see your posts its not fair for Facebook to expect you to pay for every post. I'd have no problem paying a monthly fee for ALL of my posts to be shown to ALL of my likers. Then there should be an option to pay a little extra to show to friends of likers etc. I just want everyone to who likes it to be Able to see them.

Its so frustrating. Ive posted stuff and only 20 people have seen them, people like your page to see your posts its not fair for Facebook to expect you to pay for every post. I'd have no problem paying a monthly fee for ALL of my posts to be shown to ALL of my likers. Then there should be an option to pay a little extra to show to friends of likers etc. I just want everyone to who likes it to be Able to see them.

The policy will be changing so all likers will go back to seeing your posts (so they say). You can pay to promote your post to friends of likers through the advertising bit.

Woohoo this is the best news I've heard all week!

The god dam buggers took mine off me yesterday :( I've lost all my groups, a lot were secret ones that I had to friend random people to get into :(

Aww no! Facebook is free to use therefore you should be able to have a business as a friend page rather than just a like page! Or at least have the option and pay a little a month instead to be able to do that

Latest posts

Back