I did a perm 4 months ago and it’s only worked now, why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carla_mariee

Reaction score
So about 4 months ago I did a perm as part of my training for level 2 on a family member and her hair went knotty and felt like straw. Today I cut her hair into a uniform layer and all of a sudden the hair has gone Curley whereas before the hair was straight. We are pretty sure the colleges’ neutraliser or perming lotion was out of date. Any ideas why this happens?? Thanks

So about 4 months ago I did a perm as part of my training for level 2 on a family member and her hair went knotty and felt like straw. Today I cut her hair into a uniform layer and all of a sudden the hair has gone Curley whereas before the hair was straight. We are pretty sure the colleges’ neutraliser or perming lotion was out of date. Any ideas why this happens?? Thanks
How big were the rollers you used?
My guess is that by cutting a uniform layer, you've removed weight, which will allow the hair to curl. Is it a loose curl? And I assume it's only on the mid lengths and ends?

If it’s curly now, then presumably the perm took when you first did it?
Also, if you coat the hair with too much product, it will weigh it down and pull it straighter.

Latest posts

Back