I did an 84 year old ladies nails today

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremities

Reaction score
I got a call from an elderly lady who asked if I would come to her house to do her nails as she had just had a hip operation.

She had last had them done by a NSS salon before Christmas.

Anyway, what a lovely lady. She couldn't believe it when i carried out a client consultation and didn't file her natural nails with a drill (as she put it).

She was amazed that I managed to (in her words put the white on with the brush instead of airbrush).

Anyway, she was delighted with her Creative permanent french nails and has booked her infill appointment with me for two weeks time.

She was such a lovely lady, makes this job so worthwhile.

i love the little old ladys and men like this.....they make it a joy to talk to....bless her little heart.....glad you have her nails not nss no more....xxx

I can understand your satisfaction. I hope I still want my nails to look good if I live to that age! She is an inspiration x

I bet you made this lady very happy!

Hi guys I'm a beauty therapist and only do natural manis & pedis and was just wondering what is a NNs salon?

I love my older clientle they are most of the time a delight. And in return we are a delight to them. Keep up the good work!!!

I love clients like this, makes you realise why you trained to be a nail tech - to help people make the best of what they have! I LOVE talking to people of that age- they have soooo much wisdom and should be appreciated xxxx

Oh I see now I understand, some of those stories sound dreadful why do peaple do it to themselves? It's a good thing that there are lots of professional techs out there who do know what their doing.

Oh I see now I understand, some of those stories sound dreadful why do peaple do it to themselves? It's a good thing that there are lots of professional techs out there who do know what their doing.

people go to these because they arecheap and dont realise that nss bars damage nails....its like a belt going along....nss bars gives us nail techs bad name....people only know the truth when they come to us....some of these poeple use products banned in america and were trying to get them banned here.

Great stuff. Old ladies have a lot of time on their hands for talking, so I bet she will spread the word about you and you will soon be in for some new clients!

That,s so cool. I like it when woman of that age are still using all the ways available to look good.

You really made her day .... how lovely.

a mutually rewarding treatment.
isnt it lovely to be appreciated.:green:

The salon I work at has a client base of mainly 50-85 year olds. Some estheticians that I know say they dislike working with older clientel... why?

Upsides of working with older clientel:

1. They have interesting stories and love talking
2. They always have the time
3. They have good word of mouth for advertisment
4. During a treamtment, if they're not talking they're sleeping
5. Sometimes they bring you home-made food or pastry
6. They are very appreciative and are generally good tippers

God bless em :Love:

Latest posts

Back