I did it !!! I finally charged full price lol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
NO DISCOUNTS.....NO NOTHING FREE......I DID IT YAYYYYYY

I thought some of you would be proud to hear me finally say these words lol...so I am posting here....
story go's in a short version...

I started off waaayyyy to cheap (big mistake please newbies DONT DO IT)
I really had problems increasing my prices which I am sure had some geeks :grr:

So when I finally became a registered business...I set myself a price list..some of my prices are a little higher than some local business also lower than some...
But still feeling nervous about charging...I put "special offers on"
anyway tonight I had 3 strangers booked in....I was sooooo scared ...
Near to the point of cancelling....but luckily only near!

They came I assessed..got head down and got to work...One of them was telling me how she had paid £40 only last week for a set of coloured tips, in her town which
No 1 didn't fit her nails...causing her to pick...
No 2 most of them fell off after 2 days....

now normally we would shake our heads at a client like this....But in this case I didn't as ...the build up of cuticle and eponychium on this ladies nail plates was unreal....how anything was expected to adhere to those I will never know plus she was a nail biter so needed extra attention anyway..
the salon took 50 minutes to do her these nails from her walking into the door,
to her being outside arranging her lift home....It took me 20 minutes alone to remove every trace of none living tissue and prepare her nails....for decent preparation :lol:

Anyway she was beaming from ear to ear...and I had only applied the glitter on one hand...she was over the moon as they "fitted" her nails...
and I was only just starting lol....

And I thought..."emma, emma....what are you doing girl" this salon charged this lady £40 of her hard earned cash for pants nails...they must have known wouldn't last 5 minutes....its shocking.
So It gave me the confidence to charge "my" full price of £31.00 for glitter tips.
instead of offer price of £28.00
and I charged the other one the same for ruby slipper nails...and the french I charged the full £28.50 for her french tip and overlay...

And can you believe they tipped me too hahaha yayyyyyyyy

I took all advice given to me on this site since I began and worked it baby yeeeahhh..
I complimented clients on how length shape....colour etc....really complimented their skin tone...or nail shape or finger size whatever,,,

My confidence was booming....
One of them said she would like to become a regular now and likes to experiment with colour woooo.
and the other 2 said they will tell everyone about me :green:

My kids were little angels...the dog was good and stayed out of the room lol....and as a bonus I have found a good home for one of my kittens...

One of the clients has been looking for a new kitten for months...and said it must be fate her coming to me lol....

She was even more impressed when I said I didn't want money for the kitten...just a good loving home...she said one person was going to charge her £40 for a kitten...shocking world hey...

But at least there's a few good ones for every bad one !

My day has been excellent...

OOOOOOOH and .....I did all 3 sets in just under 5 hours...which is fab for me...as the other week it took me 3 hours just to do natural tip and overlay.....

:hug: THANKYOU TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU :hug:

aww I'm so pleased for you ems and proud as punch that you charged correctly. :hug:

OH HUGE HUGS!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!! Well done you you should be so proud!!!! Pics please!! Your nails are always fab & its about time you had the confidence in yourself to see that!!! :hug: :)

Grafxgal - nice pic BTW!!!! I love the new series of Bones he's in!!! Plus also when he was in Angel!!! :) Ummmm Can I have him for Crimbo, PLeaseeeeeeee, I've been a good girl most of the time this year!!!!! :evil: :lol:

fantastic hun well done!!! xxx

Well done, just in time for christmas.

Your work is fab, go for it no more freebies or offers charge people what you deserve to be paid after all your hard work and training!!

love & hugs.:hug::hug:

Grafxgal - nice pic BTW!!!! I love the new series of Bones he's in!!! Plus also when he was in Angel!!! :) Ummmm Can I have him for Crimbo, PLeaseeeeeeee, I've been a good girl most of the time this year!!!!! :evil: :lol:
:lol: Now if you had said you had been a naughty girl, then yeh I'd send him on the first flight over.:lol: But seen as you have been a good girl most of the time which means you have been naughty at some stage you can have him for a month, on the proviso that you send him back. :lol:
(I love Bones and Angel, I have been a fan ever since he was in BtVS)

Great news sweetie - what a great start to Christmas:hug::hug:

Emma, I am SOOOOOO proud of you and so very happy for you.

:hug:C

Go you!
That really made me smile :green:

:green:Yay babe, congratulations. You deserve to be feeling on top of the moon, dont forget to keep it up and watch those pennies rolling in.:hug:
Merry crimbo hunni.
XXXX
Jen

:lol: Now if you had said you had been a naughty girl, then yeh I'd send him on the first flight over.:lol: But seen as you have been a good girl most of the time which means you have been naughty at some stage you can have him for a month, on the proviso that you send him back. :lol:
(I love Bones and Angel, I have been a fan ever since he was in BtVS)

Ok thats great I'll use & abuse him for that month & then send him back when he's worn out, lol!!:lol::biggrin::evil: Ummmmm that would be a fab pressies!!! :lol:

Brilliant Emms, I am so happy for you :hug:

good for you huni xxx

Well done you:hug: dare I say you seem to have turned the corner. I am so pleased for you:hug:

Oh Emma all I can say is ABOUT BLOODY TIME! And doesn't it feel great to be rewarded properly for your time and skill :hug:

Way to go Emma, you do bloody lovely looking nails and should always charge full price,
if you go back to doing them cheaper now, me and all the geeks that have patted you on the back for charging correctly are coming to yours to kick your back side young lady lol
joking aside hun, i am really proud for you and hope your high lasts for christmas and 2008 because you are a lovely person and deserve to be happy :hug:
rock on Emma

Oh Emma all I can say is ABOUT BLOODY TIME! And doesn't it feel great to be rewarded properly for your time and skill :hug:
yep hun...it sure does....
And people don't mind lmao.....Couldn't believe they tipped me too :eek:
And best of all.....I didnt feel like I was robbing them...or feel guilty about charging....I was just too proud of myself lol

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am still going to do special offers....but use my head about it !

something to entice clients into having something they wouldnt usually or.....an extra treatment ect....
yay meee

Thankyou everyone for your help xxxxxx

I'm with Sass Emma!! You have great skills and I think 2008 will be your year to make things go the way YOU want them to..I really hope so love :hug:

this is seriously good news emma, you have worked so hard to get to this stage.
what a great way to go into christmas, you must be on a real high :)

Latest posts

Back